PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk some track

Eagle6Man
03-04-2006, 07:36 PM
I can't seem to find much in the way of track rankings for teams.

Can someone list the top 10 track teams in the state please?

Or perhaps a link?

Thanks.

kaorder1999
03-04-2006, 07:37 PM
www.texastrack.com has a lot

DaHop72
03-05-2006, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Eagle6Man
I can't seem to find much in the way of track rankings for teams.

Can someone list the top 10 track teams in the state please?

Or perhaps a link?

Thanks. Have you checked with the chief??? He would know.:thumbsup:

Old Tiger
03-05-2006, 11:52 AM
Not 3a but Lexington is fast

Old Green
03-05-2006, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Not 3a but Lexington is fast I heard Giddings ran a 41.6 4 x 100 relay at Rockdales meet

Chief Ohera
03-05-2006, 12:11 PM
what are you looking for, high school, college, or professional track? one of the best sites out there is
trackshark.com
atoboldon.com
charliefrancis.com
texastrack is also a good site,
trackwire.com

there a lot of sites out there but these are the ones i use, the atoboldon site has some unbelieveable videos and a great forum,
until next time.............

DaHop72
03-05-2006, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Chief Ohera
what are you looking for, high school, college, or professional track? one of the best sites out there is
trackshark.com
atoboldon.com
charliefrancis.com
trackwire.com

there a lot of sites out there but these are the ones i use, the atoboldon site has some unbelieveable videos and a great forum,
until next time............. See, I told you that the chief would have the info. Chief is your hook up for track.:thumbsup:

Old Tiger
03-05-2006, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
I heard Giddings ran a 41.6 4 x 100 relay at Rockdales meet That I'm not sure of. Lexington was right there by them. Giddings was missing one of their good sprinters also, I know.

Eagle6Man
03-05-2006, 12:43 PM
Thanks for all the track links. Appreciate it.

As stated, I'm interested more in high school. Thanks

Eagle6Man
03-05-2006, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
See, I told you that the chief would have the info. Chief is your hook up for track.:thumbsup:

Ya know, I'm going to make a major assumption here and assume the Chief ran track in high school? It would be very beneficial if I had more background on his history so I could determine from what perspective he comes from. I guess we will never know if his experience and perspectives come from an actual athlete than ran track or as a fan. I wish we knew.

DaHop72
03-05-2006, 12:51 PM
Ya know, I'm going to make a major assumption here and assume the Chief ran track in high school? It would be very beneficial if I had more background on his history so I could determine from what perspective he comes from. I guess we will never know if his experience and perspectives come from an actual athlete than ran track or as a fan. I wish we knew. If I were a betting man and I'm not (unlike the chief), I would say the chief ran/runs track and is more than a fan.;) ;)

RMAC
03-05-2006, 01:40 PM
DaHop is right. And I am a betting man.

Eagle6Man
03-05-2006, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
DaHop is right. And I am a betting man.

OK, my take?

Nah....I say he never put a set of track shoes on.

No offense if I'm wrong.

Old Tiger
03-05-2006, 02:14 PM
I wish I knew what yall were talking about...:D

GreenMonster
03-05-2006, 02:24 PM
trackshark.com
atoboldon.com
charliefrancis.com
trackwire.com

until next time.............

Ol' Chief may be a firestarter and a real schmuck in my eyes, but he does know his track. Gotta give a man his props when he's right, even if I don't care for him much. Too bad he's senseless in every other facet of human intelligence. :tongue:

Eagle6Man
03-05-2006, 02:30 PM
That's why I want him to say how he knows so much about track.

Old Tiger
03-05-2006, 02:36 PM
Chief....explain how you got all this knowledge of track n what not...

Chief Ohera
03-05-2006, 04:23 PM
what does everyone want to know, i am more affilated with the sprinting aspect of the sport, but i take into consideration the other events, one thing that i hold high is that in my opinion texas has the best pure sprinters in the nation, even though many runners in texas have lots of mechanic problems,
i have seen many of the finest runners that texas has produced, from the years 2000 through 2004 there was an outstanding group of sprinters in this state, i have seen many of the runners that are on top this year, but i don't see them doing big things in the future.

my best advice for athletes that want to get faster and that take sprinting personal, should check out some of the videos of the sites that i listed and just breakdown each phase and body movement of today's top sprinters.
i am a mechanical guru when it comes to sprinting and when i see some sprinters run with horrible form it really just makes me sick to my belly, but it's always correctable.

i have to say that the state track meet is my favorite event every year, the human mind is so fascinatated with speed and how far one can push their body,
until next time..............

Eagle6Man
03-05-2006, 04:26 PM
OK, but what is your background to lend your statements credibility?????????????????

Chief Ohera
03-05-2006, 04:41 PM
why do you need my background, you don't need it, brother, what do you need to know, do you need advice, do you need help understanding the mechanical aspect of sprinting, b/c i will help you out if you want to get fast or if you just want info b/c your kids are in track, either way i will help you if you want it. i try to pattern my physilophy "sp" around that of coach charlie francis and john smith, former coach of ucla and the coach of mauice green,
the mental state of an athlete sprinter is more important than that of their god bless talent,

"Running 100 meters in 10 seconds won't bring you fame. But running it in 9.79 will. He who finishes closest to zero wins. Freeze the clock -- that's what we're all about."
-John Smith
until next time...................

Eagle6Man
03-05-2006, 04:47 PM
why do you need my background, you don't need it, brother, what do you need to know, do you need advice, do you need help understanding the mechanical aspect of sprinting, b/c i will help you out if you want to get fast or if you just want info b/c your kids are in track, either way i will help you if you want it. i try to pattern my physilophy "sp" around that of coach charlie francis and john smith, former coach of ucla and the coach of mauice green,
the mental state of an athlete sprinter is more important than that of their god bless talent,

"Running 100 meters in 10 seconds won't bring you fame. But running it in 9.79 will. He who finishes closest to zero wins. Freeze the clock -- that's what we're all about."
-John Smith
until next time...................

OK Chief....with all of that exteme track knowledge, let me ask a question this way to see if you have some sort of credibility to today's reality.

Who are your top 10 teams in 3A for track this year? And no peeking at your track refs.

3afan
03-05-2006, 04:50 PM
i dont think thats the kind of knowledge the chief in claimin'

Eagle6Man
03-05-2006, 04:55 PM
I'm just askin.

If someone who claimed to be a physician wanted to give me advice on a ailment, I would just appreciate some references. I'm not discounting his information, just would like some background is all.

Chief Ohera
03-05-2006, 06:09 PM
i don't keep up with teams. i keep up with individuals, i don't think you are getting my point, but that's okay,
until next time.

sinton66
03-05-2006, 06:46 PM
I think everyone has trouble getting your point, because you don't really appear to have one.

44INAROW
03-05-2006, 06:59 PM
i don't keep up with teams. i keep up with individuals, i don't think you are getting my point, but that's okay,
until next time.

I'll bite on this one........ In your opinion, who are the top 10 individuals in 3A track this season?:p

GreenMonster
03-05-2006, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
I think everyone has trouble getting your point, because you don't really appear to have one.

I think his point is that he wants to be known as an EXPERT on coaching sprinting mechanics. I think Eagle's questions are valid. I would love to know some of Chief's background before I label him an expert. Before I work with local kids on hitting a baseball I fill their parents in on my background first. 3 year starter in HS with 1 Semi-Final appearance, 2 Region Final appearances, and a Regional Semi-Final appearance. From there I went on to play in College. I also pad my resume a bit by saying that 3 of the kids I coached went on to play pro ball. It is true but I didn't really have much of an effect on them. 2 of them I coached in the same summer league season on a team my buddy put together. One was going to go big regardless of who coached him and he got drafted in the third round. The other was a stud outfielder from an area town that played a few in the minors. The last kid I coached that is playing pro ball was my shortstop on a 15-16 yr old team that had a CANNON for an arm. I never could convince him to get on the mound and give a good effort though. He's now pitching in the Reds organization. It is my opinion that it is only fair to know a little bit about a person's background before tagging them an expert. That is why Dr's put their diplomas on the wall of their offices. I mean, would you continue to use a physician with a degree from an online med school? Cheif, it is possible to give some background without giving away any real info. I encourage you to do so.

Eagle6Man
03-05-2006, 07:15 PM
Just FYI,
I have a very good friend who went to A&M on a track scholarship back in about 1965 in that era. He is now a track official (among other things) for Class 3A out in west Texas. I could give his name but I don't think it's proper on a public board such as this. His nick name in college was "Flash".

I guess if I have any track questions of an "expert" catagory, I can ask him. By the way, he lives in Andrews and graduated from HS there.

I think that's a pretty good resume.

DaHop72
03-05-2006, 07:17 PM
OK, my take?

Nah....I say he never put a set of track shoes on.

No offense if I'm wrong. Well, then don't be offended Eagle because like RMAC said, you are wrong.:D

Chief Ohera
03-05-2006, 09:07 PM
gentleman i do don't come on here having to prove anything to anyone, if you can't tell by an individuals' posts that he or she doesn't know their sport by what they say in their posts, then i am just dumbfounded,
lets just say that i have experience in all levels of track except the professional level, and that i surround myself with track coaches and athletes every day, they are some of my best friends. again brothers if any of you need advice or help i can point you in the right direction, internet sites, emails, magizines, etc.
in my opinion "who do i think is the best sprinter in 3a" well i would have to go with Mcneil, or gray, both of whom impressed me last year at the state meet, they have the right mechanics and the right mind frame from what i could gather from other coaches and from seeing them in person myself,
at least i think they have the biggest upside,
james from cuero has to work alot of his running style and needs to make his transition phase more fluid, but he is fast but doesn't have the right mechanics right now for me to say he is the fastest is 3a.
until next time............

Eagle6Man
03-05-2006, 09:09 PM
I understand from this site that the kid Skye Green from Sweetwater won his 200 meters going away. Any thoughts?

Phantom Stang
03-05-2006, 09:13 PM
With all respect Chief,
What 3A school do you support?:thinking:

mustang04
03-05-2006, 09:33 PM
I understand from this site that the kid Skye Green from Sweetwater won his 200 meters going away. Any thoughts?
skye green is just bad@SS in track....no IF's, AND's, or BUT's

Eagle6Man
03-05-2006, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
skye green is just bad@SS in track....no IF's, AND's, or BUT's

From what I understand, I agree. I was hoping someone as versed as the Chief was going to give me some additional info. And I'm not trying to say that as a wise crack....Still no response on that question though so who knows?

mustang04
03-05-2006, 09:52 PM
From what I understand, I agree. I was hoping someone as versed as the Chief was going to give me some additional info. And I'm not trying to say that as a wise crack....Still no response on that question though so who knows?

well...the the kid (skye Green) has it in his genetics....his dad was freakin fast, and from what i understand, so was his mom, this kid prolly shot out the womb at lightning-fast speed haha, but seriously, as young as he is and to be as fast as he is....he has a bright future in track

shadow13
03-05-2006, 10:14 PM
I understand from this site that the kid Skye Green from Sweetwater won his 200 meters going away. Any thoughts? Skye ran a 21.9 into a 30mph wind, he won by at least 15 maybe 20 yards.

Old Tiger
03-05-2006, 10:16 PM
What genetics is, is the Brooks' here in Rockdale. The state hurdle record is held by Tony Brooks I believe unless it got broken.

DaHop72
03-05-2006, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by shadow13
Skye ran a 21.9 into a 30mph wind, he won by at least 15 maybe 20 yards. Gee, shadow, but you know the chief will want to know if that was hand-held or FAT. Because we all now know only FAT counts according to the chief.:D

shadow13
03-05-2006, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Gee, shadow, but you know the chief will want to know if that was hand-held or FAT. Because we all now know only FAT counts according to the chief.:D lol ,you are right ,it doesn't mean anything if it's not F.A.T or was ran at the texas relays or state meet.

Chief Ohera
03-05-2006, 10:27 PM
that's exactly right there my buddy dahoop,
i think that that is one of the worst posts ever, a 30 mph WIND are you serious my brother, you must be on something, was their a WIND Meter there that calculated the wind reading, i can promise you that skye green didn't run a 21.9 or whatever in a 30mph wind, no way, professionals couldn't even do that, get a sense of the sport of track, that statement just made me sick to my belly,
Skye is good and has talent, i will be rooting him on this year, but he won't win any of his races at state, that is just my prediction, his transition phase from about 30m to 60m needs alot of work, so once he cleans his form and transition phase up i will say he gets top 5 at state, but good luck to him
until next time. keep your heads on a swivel and your ears pinned back for when the Chief returns
thanks for listening everyone,

shadow13
03-05-2006, 10:31 PM
you are really good chief ,I knew i felt you yesterday in Vernon, so can you tell me what the wind gust was in vernon.

gobbler grad
03-05-2006, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
I heard Giddings ran a 41.6 4 x 100 relay at Rockdales meet

Cuero ran a 41.8 and broke a Giddings record from 1983...:thinking:

they will break 41.5 in the future

shadow13
03-05-2006, 10:38 PM
hey chief, i told my wife that the officials up there in vernon didn't know what they were talking about.....lol give me your number so i can call you next time and get the true reading whenever so uneducated official try to determine what the wind gust is.

shadow13
03-05-2006, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
Cuero ran a 41.8 and broke a Giddings record from 1983...:thinking:

they will break 41.5 in the future As much as I hate to say it but I believe you are right.That time is insane for this early in the season.Still we want to be right there at state running with you guys.

Chief Ohera
03-05-2006, 10:48 PM
really truthfully this early in the season with those times being run doesnt mean that they will run that or even faster every meet, track doesn't happen like that, so many things can go wrong, injuries, grades, family problems, lack of mental preparation, and so on,
as for the wind reading, you guys have no clue how that works, it would be to hard to explain to everyone how it works.
west texas is always going to have some fast times in track b/c they are running with or sometimes against the WIND every meet, wind plays a huge factor in times, the sad thing about it is that noone really truely understands how it works,
so brothers, that's all i have,
until next time.......................

shadow13
03-05-2006, 10:53 PM
Thanks for clearing that up chief, I really don't know what the 3adownlow would do without you....YOU DA MAN!

Phantom Stang
03-05-2006, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
With all respect Chief,
What 3A school do you support?:thinking:
???

Chief Ohera
03-05-2006, 11:01 PM
i represent every school in texas, b/c all of my brothers are throughout.
until next time...........................

crabman
03-05-2006, 11:07 PM
Wind is not measured in miles per hour, it is measured in meters per second. Anything over 2.0 meters per second at state is not eligible for a state record. I have never seen a wind gage at a high school meet other than state and regionals. We are a 3A school. I have never seen FAT other than state and regionals. It is just too expensive for a small school.

By the way Chief you are wrong about James of Cuero. His transition phase is his strongest, not his weakest point. That is where he dominates people. His starts are all side to side instead of straight ahead down the track. He is leaning toward the University of Houston for track so maybe Leroy Burrell can straighten him out.

Right now the coaches have James running all three relays and no individual events. If we find some good guys to fill in on the relays, he may start running individual events. I think we will send our 4x100 and 4x200 teams to the Texas Relays so that will enable him to pick one sprint event. Our mile relay may go as well since we ran 3:24.9 this week. That is good but not great.

Like I said in an earlier post, I am looking for sub 41 in the 4x100, sub 1:27 in the 4x200 and sub 3:20 in the 4x400.

Cuero's other notable performances from this weekend were Jamelka's 39.81 in the 300 IH, Sheppard (sirsnagsalot) 6'-6" high jump and 14.94 110 HH and Johnson (gobbler84)154'-7" discus. We are putting together a pretty respectable track team.

There you go. A real live track post that talks about track.

Phantom Stang
03-05-2006, 11:08 PM
i represent every school in texas, b/c all of my brothers are throughout.
until next time...........................
OOOOOOOOOkay....:rolleyes: :D

Whsdogs
03-05-2006, 11:09 PM
i think the chief really has a point this time...hes proven himself in track cause he seems to know more than me and i love track...im actually goin to help out a few meets with wylie this year...maybe teach my lil brother somethin, he has some shoes to fill ;) hahahaha im jk...but seriously ;) :p

Chief Ohera
03-05-2006, 11:13 PM
i think that james would be smart to go to U of H, they are always strong, and he can also get some help with tom tellez, carl lewis coach, it would be great for him to go to houston, great coaching, there indoor track is really slow though,
until next time................... you hit that wind reading on point my man, good job, just didn't feel like explaining my self b/c alot people dont under stand it.

Hupernikomen
03-06-2006, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by crabman
Wind is not measured in miles per hour, it is measured in meters per second. Anything over 2.0 meters per second at state is not eligible for a state record. I have never seen a wind gage at a high school meet other than state and regionals. We are a 3A school. I have never seen FAT other than state and regionals. It is just too expensive for a small school.

By the way Chief you are wrong about James of Cuero. His transition phase is his strongest, not his weakest point. That is where he dominates people. His starts are all side to side instead of straight ahead down the track. He is leaning toward the University of Houston for track so maybe Leroy Burrell can straighten him out.

Right now the coaches have James running all three relays and no individual events. If we find some good guys to fill in on the relays, he may start running individual events. I think we will send our 4x100 and 4x200 teams to the Texas Relays so that will enable him to pick one sprint event. Our mile relay may go as well since we ran 3:24.9 this week. That is good but not great.

Like I said in an earlier post, I am looking for sub 41 in the 4x100, sub 1:27 in the 4x200 and sub 3:20 in the 4x400.

Cuero's other notable performances from this weekend were Jamelka's 39.81 in the 300 IH, Sheppard (sirsnagsalot) 6'-6" high jump and 14.94 110 HH and Johnson (gobbler84)154'-7" discus. We are putting together a pretty respectable track team.

There you go. A real live track post that talks about track.

2.0 m/s is 4.5 mph for those who care to know. As far as FAT timing being expensive and not at meets..it is at plenty of meet all over the State. And your projections for Cuero in those events look pretty accurate with their times so far. Although all of those times and aren't State Championship quality they are very good for this early in the season.

DaHop72
03-06-2006, 09:17 AM
lol ,you are right ,it doesn't mean anything if it's not F.A.T or was ran at the texas relays or state meet. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

DaHop72
03-06-2006, 09:19 AM
that's exactly right there my buddy dahoop,
i think that that is one of the worst posts ever, a 30 mph WIND are you serious my brother, you must be on something, was their a WIND Meter there that calculated the wind reading, i can promise you that skye green didn't run a 21.9 or whatever in a 30mph wind, no way, professionals couldn't even do that, get a sense of the sport of track, that statement just made me sick to my belly,
Skye is good and has talent, i will be rooting him on this year, but he won't win any of his races at state, that is just my prediction, his transition phase from about 30m to 60m needs alot of work, so once he cleans his form and transition phase up i will say he gets top 5 at state, but good luck to him
until next time. keep your heads on a swivel and your ears pinned back for when the Chief returns
thanks for listening everyone, Hey chief, that's DaHop not hoop or do we need to discuss a web site.:D :D :thinking: :thinking:

shadow13
03-06-2006, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
2.0 m/s is 4.5 mph for those who care to know. As far as FAT timing being expensive and not at meets..it is at plenty of meet all over the State. And your projections for Cuero in those events look pretty accurate with their times so far. Although all of those times and aren't State Championship quality they are very good for this early in the season. We were told that the wind gusts were up to 30 mph. so how would you determine what it would be in track terms.

Black_Magic
03-06-2006, 11:40 AM
Shadow
Where did sweetwater run this week?
What were some of the times? 4x100, 4x200 ect..??

RMAC
03-06-2006, 01:14 PM
We were told that the wind gusts were up to 30 mph. so how would you determine what it would be in track terms.

That would equate to roughly 6.6 m/s. W/ that kind of wind it'd be hard to call that particular time credible.

Adidas410s
03-06-2006, 01:17 PM
That would equate to roughly 6.6 m/s. W/ that kind of wind it'd be hard to call that particular time credible.

what's that fatty? You are using a little bit of physics this morning?

DaHop72
03-06-2006, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
what's that fatty? You are using a little bit of physics this morning? Ahh, brotherly love. Brag on him and then call him fatty.:D :D

Gobbla2001
03-06-2006, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Although all of those times and aren't State Championship quality they are very good for this early in the season.

Well we're already looking better this time of the year than we were looking last year... we honestly expect more points this year in regionals and state... hopefully gobbler84 can get in in discus and we can get a hurdler in there or maybe another field event... All Cuero had last year were four guys with legs and still won state... seemed to work then, hopefully everyone will have only improved as much as Cuero... if that's the case it's in the bag unless we 'drop' something...

shadow13
03-06-2006, 01:51 PM
That would equate to roughly 6.6 m/s. W/ that kind of wind it'd be hard to call that particular time credible. he was running against the wind.
4x100 - 43
4x200 -1:33.27
4x400 -3:30
Skye - 200m - 21.9
Vernon

mrescape43
03-06-2006, 06:09 PM
Snyder results from Canyon Reef Relays this past saturday.

100 meters
Matt Reigh 6th place 11.62

200 meters
D'White Wells 1st place 22.45
Matt Reigh 4th place 24.13

800 meters
Jeremy Torres 1st place 2:10.93

1600 meters
Dominique Cabrera 3rd place 5:04.45

3200 meters
Dominique Cabrera 2nd place 11:04.06

110 Hurdles
Garrett Pinson 2nd place 14.91

300 Hurdles
Garrett 2nd place 42.05

4x100 relay
Snyder 1st 44.97

4x200 relay
Snyder 3rd 1:36.28

4x400 relay
Snyder 4th 3:39.30

High Jump
Cabrera 4th place 5'8"

Long Jump
Matt Reigh 5th place 19'1"
Barrett Bowlin 6th place 18'10"

Triple Jump
Bowlin 6th place 37' 7 1/2"

Shot Put
Tyler Driggers 5th place 39'4"

Discus
Donald Jeffrey 4th place 118' 10"
Tyler Driggers 6th place 112' 6"

Wells' time in the 200 wasn't too far behind Skye Green although I don't know how much different the conditions were.
Pinsons' time in the 110 hurdles almost mirrored the Cuero guys I read about. Don't know the comparison for conditions on these two either.
I am just hoping that Snyder has a good season.

shadow13
03-06-2006, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by mrescape43
Snyder results from Canyon Reef Relays this past saturday.

100 meters
Matt Reigh 6th place 11.62

200 meters
D'White Wells 1st place 22.45
Matt Reigh 4th place 24.13

800 meters
Jeremy Torres 1st place 2:10.93

1600 meters
Dominique Cabrera 3rd place 5:04.45

3200 meters
Dominique Cabrera 2nd place 11:04.06

110 Hurdles
Garrett Pinson 2nd place 14.91

300 Hurdles
Garrett 2nd place 42.05

4x100 relay
Snyder 1st 44.97

4x200 relay
Snyder 3rd 1:36.28

4x400 relay
Snyder 4th 3:39.30

High Jump
Cabrera 4th place 5'8"

Long Jump
Matt Reigh 5th place 19'1"
Barrett Bowlin 6th place 18'10"

Triple Jump
Bowlin 6th place 37' 7 1/2"

Shot Put
Tyler Driggers 5th place 39'4"

Discus
Donald Jeffrey 4th place 118' 10"
Tyler Driggers 6th place 112' 6"

Wells' time in the 200 wasn't too far behind Skye Green although I don't know how much different the conditions were.
Pinsons' time in the 110 hurdles almost mirrored the Cuero guys I read about. Don't know the comparison for conditions on these two either.
I am just hoping that Snyder has a good season. Skye had to run into a very strong wind and the timer for 1st place gave him a time of 21.9, but I just read in the Sweetwater paper that he ran a 22.28, so I'm not sure if the time in the paper was a mistake or not. But we are going by the time the timer gave Skye after the race.I myself clocked him at 22.00 and a coach from Seymore got him at 22.03. If anyone comes across the results from the Vernon Meet , I wouldlike to see what they posted for the meet. Funny thing was we was waiting to hear the results for the 200 but they never announced them, but they announced all of the other events, never could figure that one out!

mrescape43
03-06-2006, 07:16 PM
Skye had to run into a very strong wind and the timer for 1st place gave him a time of 21.9, but I just read in the Sweetwater paper that he ran a 22.28, so I'm not sure if the time in the paper was a mistake or not. But we are going by the time the timer gave Skye after the race.I myself clocked him at 22.00 and a coach from Seymore got him at 22.03. If anyone comes across the results from the Vernon Meet , I wouldlike to see what they posted for the meet. Funny thing was we was waiting to hear the results for the 200 but they never announced them, but they announced all of the other events, never could figure that one out!

How would you rate Pinsons' 110 hurdle time? How does that rate with average? I have never kept up with track so I don't really know what a baseline for comparison should be.

shadow13
03-06-2006, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by mrescape43
How would you rate Pinsons' 110 hurdle time? How does that rate with average? I have never kept up with track so I don't really know what a baseline for comparison should be. pretty good time for this early in the season, he should get down to low 14's or maybe even dip into the 13's which would be awesome, In my opinion he is off to a good start.

Chief Ohera
03-06-2006, 09:59 PM
13.8- to 14.00 or higher will win state in 3a hurdles unless there is an quick cat that can run faster, hurdles is so unpredictable it's so hard to gauge, it is a very exciting race to watch b/c anything can happen,
until next time...........

shadow13
03-06-2006, 10:14 PM
13.8- to 14.00 or higher will win state in 3a hurdles unless there is an quick cat that can run faster, hurdles is so unpredictable it's so hard to gauge, it is a very exciting race to watch b/c anything can happen,
until next time........... chief I have to agree with you on this one.

44INAROW
03-06-2006, 10:22 PM

dang, I am going to have to agree with you Chief........ I enjoy watching the 300 hurdles but the 110 is such precision....... one missed step and it's over.......

crabman
03-06-2006, 10:25 PM
For the record, 14.12 won state in 3A last year. 14.18 won it in '04. FAT timing, a lot of nerves, and total unpredictability.

Hupernikomen
03-06-2006, 10:26 PM

There haven't been many 3A athletes break the 14 second barrier in the 110 m hurdles. The exceptions are the great hurdlers from Giddings. Jermaine Cooper has the all time State record with an unbelieveable 13.4.

I remember when Brian Bronson (4A Jasper) ran a 13.55 (I think) and got second place to McLemore from Waxahacie one year.

crabman
03-06-2006, 10:36 PM
Cooper ran 13.53 at state in 1998. Clint Finley of Cuero ran 13.97 to win it in 1996.

crabman
03-06-2006, 10:47 PM
Here is another interesting stat. Every 300 IH race between 1985 and 2005 was won at state with a time between 37.1 and 37.9. Three exceptions. Jermain Cooper ran 36.93 and some other guy from Tatum ran 36.9 somthing. ONe other guy ran something like 38.03. Anyway, very little fluctuation over the years. It is pretty simple, run 37.1 or 37.2 and you will probably win it.