PDA

View Full Version : Bellville Brahmas 11-1 vs Fairfield Eagles 11-1 (3rd round what do you think?)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-23-2002, 01:42 AM
Let's get this one started. Give information on either team, and what you think on this 3rd round game?
Sat. Nov. 30th in Huntsville, at SHSU.

Eagles44
11-23-2002, 02:28 AM
i have not seen belleville play and honestly don't know what they bring to the table. Fairfield has a excellent defense and a dang good offense. the passing game improved this week and the running game was decent. what kills fairfield is the field goal unit. the kicker is good but the rest of it is not that great. it should be a great game friday night

eaglefan24
11-23-2002, 02:29 AM
I know Bellville is a good team, but I really don't know anything about them. What do they like to do? Run, pass? How's the D? The strength of Fairfield is definitely the defense, tonight they held Rockdale to 69 yds total offense (that was the first report I heard on the radio after the post game). The offense can look unstoppable at times, and at other times can look as though they are absolutely out of sync. They run 3 main tailbacks, which all get about the same amount of carries a game depending on how the game goes. There is no key wide receiver either, the ball is definitely evenly spread. Our QB threw receptions to 7 different receivers tonight, so it is difficult to key on anyone really, which is a major strength of the team. Bottom line, Fairfield's defense will keep them in the game and the character of the team will not let them quit. They have 5 come from behind wins, with 4 of them being won in the 4th quarter, which tells you a lot about the team. PS The game is at 7:30 on Friday at SHSU in Huntsville .

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-23-2002, 12:41 PM
This game was originally set for Saturday in Huntsville by the the coaches from Bellville, Liberty, Fairfield, and Rockdale, but after the Bellville, Liberty game the coaches from Fairfield that were at the Bellville game, informed the head coach from Bellville that they(Fairfield) had changed there minds, and wanted to play on Friday night. They had a coin toss to decide if the game would be played Friday or Saturday, Fairfield won the toss for Friday. They had a coin toss for who was going to be the home team, and Bellville won that toss.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-23-2002, 01:21 PM
How well did Rockdale stack up against Fairfield? How much has Rockdale improved since they played Bellville? Bellville beat Rockdale 31-7, just trying to compare this matchup to a common opponent. Good luck on a injury free game!
Go Bellville beat Fairfield!!!!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-23-2002, 02:59 PM
Brahma 73 I agree with you on your prediction, on paper Bellville is a much better team than Fairfield, But sometimes you know what you can do with the paper, if your team does not play up to par. If Bellville is clicking on all four's, they will have no problem winning the game. Fairfield went 9-1 in there first 10, but only three of the teams they played, had a winning record, Teague was 6-4, Fairfield beat them 9-7 and Crockett was 6-4, Fairfield beat them 33-29. The only team to beat Fairfield was Mexia, 9-1 they beat Fairfield 23-16. Mexia was beat by Jasper 39-0 in the 1st round,and Teague was beat by Newton 16-0 in the 1st round. Once again if Bellville plays up to there potential, against Fairfield,they will be one step closer to a state championship!

eaglefan24
11-23-2002, 04:35 PM
Well against Rockdale, early in the game Rockdale was the team to beat. They had us scouted very well and we had trouble moving the ball. They scored their only touchdown on a cutback run after a pass interference penalty on 3rd and long. Fairfield started going to the air and having success in the second half and probably would have scored 2 more times except for a few miscues. Fairfield had a 1st and goal on the 6 but then an incomplete pass and a intentional grounding penalty put them out of field goal range, and Fairfield killed another drive with a fumble on about the 25 yardline in the 4th quarter after moving the ball very successfully. Bellville may stack up better on paper, but Fairfield is a good team too. They wouldn't be this far in the playoffs if they weren't good. So throw ou the papers and get ready for a great game on Friday.

Super_Fan
11-23-2002, 04:44 PM
I think it will come down to who wants it more and the team that makes fewer mistakes. The Lightsey brothers will be a big factor in this one

<small>[ November 23, 2002, 03:45 PM: Message edited by: Super_Fan ]</small>

Brahma73
11-23-2002, 07:23 PM
FormerBellvilleBrahma:
This game was originally set for Saturday in Huntsville by the the coaches from Bellville, Liberty, Fairfield, and Rockdale, but after the Bellville, Liberty game the coaches from Fairfield that were at the Bellville game, informed the head coach from Bellville that they(Fairfield) had changed there minds, and wanted to play on Friday night. They had a coin toss to decide if the game would be played Friday or Saturday, Fairfield won the toss for Friday. They had a coin toss for who was going to be the home team, and Bellville won that toss.Are you sure about this date change, etc.?? Let us know ASAP. :)

rhs_olb33_06
11-23-2002, 08:05 PM

<small>[ November 23, 2002, 07:07 PM: Message edited by: rhs_olb33_06 ]</small>

rhs_olb33_06
11-23-2002, 08:08 PM
Super_Fan:
I think it will come down to who wants it more and the team that makes fewer mistakes. The Lightsey brothers will be a big factor in this oneLighsey brothers are always a big factor

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-24-2002, 11:18 AM
Hey Brahma 73 got in late, and got your ASAP message, yes the game is Friday at 7:30 in Huntsville, got the info from the coach. It was also in the paper this morning. Saw a good game last night Marlin and Newton they put on a good show, I hope Bellville does not get the refs, that were at that game!!!

justafan_02
11-25-2002, 08:43 AM
Ive seen both of theses teams play and I believe Fairfield does not have the offense to beat Bellville. Their OL is not good enough to handle Bellville. They will have a hard time moving the ball

punt
11-25-2002, 12:11 PM
I have thought all season that we haven't really seen how really good the Bellville qb is. Now we can see. Fairfield will have to have a very good defense to handle the Bellville line and stop this qb. Bellville by 7.

keep_it_real
11-25-2002, 04:31 PM
I know Pre season was a while back, but Bellville beat Cameron and Rockdale.

oldbuff78
11-25-2002, 05:15 PM
I like Bellville in this matchup. The Bulls by 10. Good luck and drive safe this weekend!!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-25-2002, 05:54 PM
Good luck to both teams but i'll be rooting for bellville to win, they had a great team last year and they seem to be right back where they left off last year, well almost, one extra game to go.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-26-2002, 11:29 AM
Hey guys, thanks for all the support and good word about the Brahmas, even if you are not from Bellville, it is good to hear it from people that support other teams. I agree with yall, Bellville has the team it takes to win. If they play up to there potential, they can win a state title also. If they play like they did against Giddings, even though Bellville won 36-12 they can be beat. Bellville needs to stay healthy and play like they did in District, mayby even step it up a little, if that happens the Brahmas could play for the title, but one step at a time.
Go Bellville beat Fairfield!!!!!!!!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-28-2002, 12:17 AM
Can someone tell me where Fairfield is?
Have a safe and happy holiday!!!

TxHsFootball
11-28-2002, 02:26 PM
i looked it up yesterday its east of waco

Brahma73
11-28-2002, 06:32 PM
TxHsFootball:
i looked it up yesterday its east of wacoActually, Fairfield is considerably east of Waco. More accurately it is just east of I45 about 30-35 miles south/southeast of Corsicana. wink

3adownlowfreak
11-28-2002, 09:27 PM
How about those Lightsey boys?