PDA

View Full Version : TrojanDad

Pudlugger
11-23-2002, 01:57 PM
Sorry I missed you at the game last night, we left La Grange at 4:45 and it took 2 hrs 45 minutes to get to Huntsville! We arrived just in time for the kick-off. Frankly, on the third play from scrimmage your guys 74 yard run really rocked us! Ya'll have some fine athletes with speed and size on your team. You should feel good about your season, 9-3 is not too shabby. Your Qb has a terrific arm and really laid some passes in there, impossible to defend when they are thrown so perfectly. He should get some attention from the scouts IMO. Also big #42 showed speed and power and was a load to tackle all night. Our guys really played well and showed real desire and discipline last night. You have a son too on the team don't you? What was his number? My son was the TE #88 who made the long reception in the 3rd quarter. Your safety caught up with him on the 1 and kept him from scoring. It was great for my daughter to see her little brother and the rest of these guys play such great football. California high school football just doesn't compare to Texas in the level of skill or spectacle. It was fun chatting with you. I'll have to take a rain check on the sausage, maybe next year! Good game, very few penalties and good sportsmanship all around. The Trojans earned a lot of respect this year! :D

proudtrojanmom
11-23-2002, 06:11 PM
It was a great game last night, I really appreciate the kind comments about our team, Trojandad was certainly cooking up the sausage on a stick last night my kids were amongst the crowd eating.Yes Trojandad has a boy playing #69, a really great kid!! My son is #66, a senior who is glad we went out like we did better to lose to a good team, your fans were awesome!!Alot of support on ya'lls side. good Luck as you continue on!!As always a proudtrojanmom!

trojandad
11-24-2002, 10:55 PM
Hey Pud, sorry for being so long getting to you, left a message as to why in the other topic box.

Well, except for the loss, I don't think I coulda enjoyed it anymore. Goodness knows we definitely lossed to the better team that night. Gave all my props in the other box. Am proud for you guys and your team.

Glad your daughter made it safe. If she was gonna make that kind of trip, it's good she saw a win. lol And remember, Pud, if you watch ESPN much, they show shots of that Cali team that is supposed to be the #1 high school team in the country. But I agree with you, bring them to Texas, I think we can take 'em. LOL

ProudMom was right, my son is starting left offensive tackle but is a defensive linebacker in attitude and heart. Really proud of him, has played most of the year injured and has stayed out rare few games not telling anyone, but if you look at his left leg in the tape you'll see his leg he had to keep exposed to tolerate the pain. We're actually having his leg Xrayed tomorrow. He made deal after deal with us to wait until after the season so tomorrow is D day for him. LOL He's a heck of a man and, as you saw by that last drive, he's not much on quitting. I'm very proud of him, Darius, Tauren, the entire bunch. They fought more than 11 guys all year to win games (maybe I'll be able to share someday how so).

Here's hoping that, if we had to lose, we lost to the eventual champs. Nobody likes losing, but losing to the eventual champs helps it go down easier. Thanks again.