PDA

View Full Version : Is Isaiah Thomas the worst hoops executive of all time?

big daddy russ
03-04-2006, 12:41 PM
Exactly how many guards does one team need? And it's sad when your 6'9" small forward can run an offense better than your point guard.

Oh, and one more thing: just how many bad contracts can one team keep picking up?

He's already sank an entire league. If they give him enough time, he'll wind up sinking the Knickerbockers, too.

District303aPastPlayer
03-04-2006, 01:02 PM
you are right... hes horrible... whats even worse is he is in the running for the IU job.

big daddy russ
03-04-2006, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
you are right... hes horrible... whats even worse is he is in the running for the IU job.
He's trying to get back into coaching, isn't he? He may have been able to run a great NBA team, but he can't coach or manage to save his life. Why does he still have a job, and tons of offers to boot?

He turned the Raptors into the laughingstock of the NBA, then overspent as the owner of the CBA and ran that league under the ground. He was only an average NBA coach, and is doing the same thing to the Knicks that he did with the CBA. How much money can one team spend?

Zero cap relief until the end of the '07 season, and then they'll barely be under the cap, and only one major expiring contract this offseason- Eddy Curry's. The other two contracts that expire this summer are Jackie Butler's (I've never heard of him) and Qyntel Woods, for a grand total of $1.5M off the books. Woods is a talented, underpriced kid who comes from the T-Mac mold. If I were sitting in Thomas' chair, I'd get rid of Marbury, Francis, and Crawford to make room for the kids.

Back to the financial side of things, Jalen Rose's $15M/yr and Mo Taylor's $9M/yr come off the books at the end of the '07 season, but so do super rooks Channing Frye, David Lee and Nate Robinson. With Woods out of the looney bin after this season, there goes all their young talent.

What's worse, they have $43.5M tied up in Francis, Marbury, Crawford and Richardson this year alone... and these guys are all on the books for no less than another four years. I don't know the terms of the last years of their contracts, but I'd be willing to bet that the Knicks will have $55M tied into four guys who can't play defense, who play the same positions. What a mess.

big daddy russ
03-04-2006, 01:51 PM
PS...
NBA Trade Machine (http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/trademachine) <<<<This is where I got the salary info.

pantherpop
03-04-2006, 04:34 PM
Isiah was a great player but its been all downhill since then.

injuredinmelee
03-04-2006, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
He's trying to get back into coaching, isn't he? He may have been able to run a great NBA team, but he can't coach or manage to save his life. Why does he still have a job, and tons of offers to boot?

He turned the Raptors into the laughingstock of the NBA, then overspent as the owner of the CBA and ran that league under the ground. He was only an average NBA coach, and is doing the same thing to the Knicks that he did with the CBA. How much money can one team spend?

Zero cap relief until the end of the '07 season, and then they'll barely be under the cap, and only one major expiring contract this offseason- Eddy Curry's. The other two contracts that expire this summer are Jackie Butler's (I've never heard of him) and Qyntel Woods, for a grand total of $1.5M off the books. Woods is a talented, underpriced kid who comes from the T-Mac mold. If I were sitting in Thomas' chair, I'd get rid of Marbury, Francis, and Crawford to make room for the kids.

Back to the financial side of things, Jalen Rose's $15M/yr and Mo Taylor's $9M/yr come off the books at the end of the '07 season, but so do super rooks Channing Frye, David Lee and Nate Robinson. With Woods out of the looney bin after this season, there goes all their young talent.

What's worse, they have $43.5M tied up in Francis, Marbury, Crawford and Richardson this year alone... and these guys are all on the books for no less than another four years. I don't know the terms of the last years of their contracts, but I'd be willing to bet that the Knicks will have $55M tied into four guys who can't play defense, who play the same positions. What a mess.

Holy crap you love you some NBA huh?

big daddy russ
03-04-2006, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Holy crap you love you some NBA huh?
Yeah, I do. The only sports my girlfriend is into are softball and hoops. I can't stand softball, so we watch basketball everynight. It's a nice little tradeoff to watching ER, CSI, Law & Order or American Idol.

injuredinmelee
03-04-2006, 05:05 PM
Id rather watch the fattest ladies in America dance naked in puke than watch American Idol.

District303aPastPlayer
03-04-2006, 05:09 PM
Id rather watch the fattest ladies in America dance naked in puke than watch American Idol.

there are some people that get off on that... which is thoroughly disgusting

injuredinmelee
03-04-2006, 05:11 PM
I get emails from some of my members that you wouldnt believe the stuff people are in to.

big daddy russ
03-04-2006, 05:27 PM
I feel the same way. And no, I'm not into fat ladies dancing naked.

Gobbla2001
03-04-2006, 05:45 PM
Dudes, russ needs to be an investigative reporter...

injuredinmelee
03-04-2006, 07:23 PM
No kidding. I dont want him finding out my real name...

AggieJohn
03-04-2006, 08:35 PM
he's a perfect example of why all athletes should exactly move up to the front office after they hang up the jersey

DaHop72
03-05-2006, 11:41 AM
Id rather watch the fattest ladies in America dance naked in puke than watch American Idol. :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: