PDA

View Full Version : Upsets Mark the 3a basketball playoffs

eagles_victory
03-03-2006, 11:03 PM
There were a lot of upsets Tuesday the trend continues tonight. makes me feel better about us losing. :D

scrappy05
03-03-2006, 11:16 PM
i still hate it that yall lost

eagle.eyes
03-03-2006, 11:31 PM
The 3A region 3 games weren't upsets. WOS and Coldspring have been playing under the radar!

eagles_victory
03-03-2006, 11:37 PM
Wos wasnt Coldspring was unranked over number 5 is an upset.

j_dog
03-03-2006, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Wos wasnt Coldspring was unranked over number 5 is an upset.
It was an "upset" only for those folks who didn't know how good Coldspring was. I saw Coldspring totally dismantle and dispatch a very good Jasper team, and a very good Barbers Hill team. No surprise to me that Coldspring is where they are now, playing for the Region III championship. But, then what do I know? :D

By the way, Coldspring had the biggest man on the court, and appeared to have the two smallest guys. It was the two small guys who ate LaVega's lunch. Quick as LaVega was, CS was quicker.

injuredinmelee
03-04-2006, 12:49 AM
Im shocked by some of these games. Thye are upsets as far as what we hear here or what we read in the papers. Coldspring was under the statewide radar for sure. I think the most shocking is Fairfield losing. Im pretty surprised at the Wylie score tonight.

eagles_victory
03-04-2006, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I think the most shocking is Fairfield losing. :( :( :(

Hupernikomen
03-04-2006, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Im shocked by some of these games. Thye are upsets as far as what we hear here or what we read in the papers. Coldspring was under the statewide radar for sure. I think the most shocking is Fairfield losing. Im pretty surprised at the Wylie score tonight.

Have said several times that Coldspring is always a very tough BB team to beat. They know how to get the ball up and down the court. And seem to always out rebound their opponents big time.

AggiesAreWe
03-04-2006, 05:07 AM
WOS beating Silsbee was an upset, mild maybe, but still an upset. Even the WOS coach said it was.

Glad to see WOS moving on. Looks like they will have their hands full with Coldspring. Can't figure Coldspring out yet. Silsbee man handled them in both district games, winning by 27 and 24 points.

Good luck to both teams.

j_dog
03-04-2006, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by AggiesAreWe
WOS beating Silsbee was an upset, mild maybe, but still an upset. Even the WOS coach said it was.
Aggie, I guess you realize how close we were to an all 22-3a matchup in this region III final game today. Silsbee certainly could have won its game with WOS, but before that the matchup could have been a reality if Jasper had not blown a 9 point lead and taken a 1 point loss to WOS. Then with either Silsbee or Jasper, we would have had a 22-3a rematch today. It was not to be, but it would have been nice. :) I think just being that close speaks very well for the competitive balance in the district.

j_dog
03-04-2006, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by AggiesAreWe
.....Can't figure Coldspring out yet. Silsbee man handled them in both district games, winning by 27 and 24 points.
According to what I found, the first district game between Silsbee/Coldspring the results were:

22-3A
Silsbee 73, Coldspring 67
PICK: Sils (-5)

A Silsbee win for sure, but not domination by any means. Coldspring was competitive from the get-go, but they have brought along some very young guys who are playing lights out now.

According to the Huntsville Item, a freshman scored the winning basket for CS.

http://www.itemonline.com/sports/local_story_063011413.html

"Coldspring freshman post player James Scott grabbed an offensive rebound and scored the winning basket, snapping a 63-63 tie with 32 seconds left in the game.

While the college scouts were on hand to watch 6-foot-8 senior Franklin Reed, it was the rest of the Trojans who made the difference. La Vega smothering Reed with two defenders throughout the game, but that left seniors Brandon Roberts and Juwann Giddens and junior Ray Park open. Roberts scored a game-high 17, Giddens added 16 and Park scored 12."