PDA

View Full Version : NBA fines Stackhouse $30K, suspends Horry

kepdawg
03-03-2006, 07:37 PM
Neither of these actions surprise me. I was surprised Horry wasn't ejected for his contact with the official. I knew the league would suspend him for the biting incident.

NBA fines Stackhouse $30K, suspends Horry

06:22 PM CST on Friday, March 3, 2006

By EDDIE SEFKO / The Dallas Morning News

Mavericks guard Jerry Stackhouse was fined $30,000 by the NBA on Friday for his comments about referee Dick Bavetta after Thursday's game in San Antonio. But it's a small price to pay compared to Robert Horry's two-game suspension for his actions against Stackhouse.

Horry's suspension without pay was for making contact with a referee and for giving the appearance that he was going to bite Stackhouse's arm when the two were interlocked in a scramble under the basket.

"It's tough to come on the road in this environment and have to play agains the refs, too," Stackhouse said after Thursday's 98-89 loss to the Spurs. "[Expletive] Dick Bavetta. I'm tired of his [expletive]. It's like the game is about him. He just needs to call the game and call the fouls.

"It's like he didn't because we were up and he wanted to see them [the Spurs] come back."

Stackhouse was not suspended. However, his foul on Horry has been upgraded to a flagrant-1, the league announced.

Horry will serve his suspension Saturday and Monday when the Spurs face Portland and the Los Angeles Lakers.

E-mail esefko@dallasnews.com

BreckTxLonghorn
03-03-2006, 07:39 PM
Horry needs the time off to film Hitch 2 anyways.

Adidas410s
03-03-2006, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Horry needs the time off to film Hitch 2 anyways.

and I always thought I was the only one who saw the resemblence.