PDA

View Full Version : Lions Track Meet Tomorrow

Z motion 10 out on 2
03-03-2006, 03:14 PM
The Vernon Lions will host a track meet tomorrow. Not sure what schools will be here but I'm excited about Lady Z jr! She will be running the 3200, 300 Hurdles, and mile relay. Hoping for 3 medals tomorrow!

STANG RED
03-03-2006, 03:29 PM
The Sweetwater boys will open their season at Vernon on Saturday, while the girls are going to Wylie for their first meet.

GetRDoneStangs
03-03-2006, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
The Vernon Lions will host a track meet tomorrow. Not sure what schools will be here but I'm excited about Lady Z jr! She will be running the 3200, 300 Hurdles, and mile relay. Hoping for 3 medals tomorrow!

Keep us posted if can on who is running and results!

Thanks !
:)

Adidas410s
03-03-2006, 05:54 PM
I wish I could run 3+ miles in a day...and almost a quarter mile while jumping over objects!!! Congrats to her...it's amazing what 4+ years out of HS and competitive sports (save my often injured times playing tennis in college) can do to one's body! :clap: :clap: :clap:

injuredinmelee
03-03-2006, 05:55 PM
is the Wylie meet tomorrow?

44INAROW
03-03-2006, 07:00 PM
Good Luck LadyZ Jr....... :)

Z motion 10 out on 2
03-04-2006, 03:15 PM
Ok Zady Z Jr took 5th in the 3200m. Not sure on her time but her race was ok. Not real good but not bad either.

The finals start at 3:00 so I will check it out and post on Sweetwater's sprinters after the nmeet. Looking forward to seeing Sky Green run (Heard a lot about how fast he is). Ok then until then I'm going back to the meet. Oh Yes Zady Z jr has a decent chance to medal in the hurdles. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Schools attanding:
WF Hirschi, Iowa Park, Sweetwater, Altus, OK, Elk City, OK, Seymour, Childress, Vernon Northside, Vernon High, (I think that is it but there could be a couple of more). Not a really big meet.

Z motion 10 out on 2
03-04-2006, 08:54 PM
Just got in. Lady Z jr had an ok/ok day. 5th in the 3200m, 4th in the 300 and 2nd in mile relay. Would like to see improvment by the next meet in the hurdles. Ran a 56 and she needs to be down to about 53 by next week. Would like to see her at 48 or so by district. So we will see.

Vernon Ladies ran away with this meet. Not even close. Either Holliday or Altus won on the boys side. Skye Green (Not sure how he spells his name) Smoked it up in the 200. Not even close. Swater has a decent team but not like they had last year. Holliday was a real surprise. They are a 2A school and had a guiy in the top 3 in almost every event. Very good on the relays as well.

Vernon travels to Sweetwater next Friday for a meet so I may make this one.

GreenMonster
03-04-2006, 11:06 PM
Just got in. Lady Z jr had an ok/ok day. 5th in the 3200m, 4th in the 300 and 2nd in mile relay. Would like to see improvment by the next meet in the hurdles. Ran a 56 and she needs to be down to about 53 by next week. Would like to see her at 48 or so by district. So we will see.

Vernon Ladies ran away with this meet. Not even close. Either Holliday or Altus won on the boys side. Skye Green (Not sure how he spells his name) Smoked it up in the 200. Not even close. Swater has a decent team but not like they had last year. Holliday was a real surprise. They are a 2A school and had a guiy in the top 3 in almost every event. Very good on the relays as well.

Vernon travels to Sweetwater next Friday for a meet so I may make this one.

Z, Holliday has a couple of Class AA State Track Team Titles in the last 10 years. They coaching staff over there does a great job with their athletes. Head track coach is an old IP boy. He was the QB on the 68 Semi-finalists, 69 State Champs, and 70 State Champs. He's a real winner and great guy. He still lives over here and drives the 8 or 9 miles to work everyday.

Eagle6Man
03-04-2006, 11:11 PM
Skye Green (Not sure how he spells his name) Smoked it up in the 200.

Skye Green, I think is how he spells it.

44INAROW
03-04-2006, 11:13 PM
Ok Zady Z Jr took 5th in the 3200m. Not sure on her time but her race was ok.

I think anyone that just FINISHES the 3200M deserves a medal....... tough run for sure..... :)

DaHop72
03-04-2006, 11:15 PM

Vernon travels to Sweetwater next Friday for a meet so I may make this one. Good job, Lady Z jr., keep on improving.

shadow13
03-05-2006, 12:31 AM
Sweetwater Boys Track Team ran very well today in Vernon- 4x100 , 4x400 relays won 1st : 4x200- 3rd ,Joseph took 1st in the long jump and Skye took 1st in the 200m 21.9 into a strong 30 mph. wind. Kiki Johnson the new addition on the 4x100 relay ran an outstanding 3rd leg,he has enough speed to help us get back to state in 4x100. we ran a 43 ,but the wind was a big factor in all the races, so look for much faster times in the near future...GREAT JOB MUSTANGS....