PDA

View Full Version : Chan Ho Park achieved a feat he never did in MLB

TexasHSFootball
03-03-2006, 11:21 AM
Chan Ho Park, former Texas Ranger and currently for the San Diego Padres achieved a feat for the Korean National Team today that he has never done in his entire career with the Rangers or Padres.

earned a save. :thinking:

injuredinmelee
03-03-2006, 11:52 AM
you can almost take letters out of his name and spell CHOKE!!! and the ok is in place for JOKE

sahen
03-03-2006, 12:39 PM
i was watching that game....i dont see how either Taiwan (Chinese Taipei for the PC crowd) or Korea would have a shot against the U.S. or the Latin America teams...they have some ok pitching but not enough depth to get them through the tourney and the hitting sucks....they scored hardly any runs on some decent pitchers but when they play the allstars on the latin american and u.s. clubs its gonna be lights out....it looked a lot like a college game w/ all the small ball being played, just no aluminum bats so hardly a shot at homerun (by the way i love college ball and small ball, but if your number 4 hitter is sac bunting then i kinda question the validity of the 4 hitter, i guess its just a different strategy over there)....i dont know much about China (they played Japan last night and i havent checked the score, but staying up til 3 am for a Japan/China baseball game wasnt gonna happen) but Japan could have a shot against the teams from the Americas, but I still am not sure about that...Matsui isn't playing and all so we will see what they will do, but they r pretty good at baseball so i expect to see them do well......worrying about injury is a normal thing for an owner, esp. for one who has as much money as Steinbrenner invested in his club, but we have seen guys get injured falling down stairs and carrying groceries the past couple seasons...the guys r built to play baseball so he should let them play....

on a side note, while watching the Taiwan/Korea game they mentioned that one of Korea's pitchers (dont remember the name) isn't playing because he plays for the yankees....apparantly Steinbrunner (sp?) told his players basically not to play in the World Baseball Classic cause of injury (thats what ESPN said but we all know its money) reasons.....due to that a Korean pitcher and Matsui for Japan isnt playing....also Rivera won't be participating, probably more but those r the notables that stood out in my mind.....A-Rod and Jeter r both playing for U.S. but they get to do what they want anyway......My complaint is if this thing is gonna be kept from turning into just another International Baseball tourney then MLB needs to step in and tell George that you cant do that....I mean come on, he has some of the best players for these countries, in Korea and Japan's case some of the more highly recognized and sucessful players from their countries ever yet he wont let them play...sure it ended up boiling down to their choice but im sure George told them you play and ur gonna pay....so basically im just venting cause this thing needs to be legit so it can catch on and we have Mr. Steinbrenner who is literally trying to ruin it (he has publically said he doesn't agree with playing this thing)...yeah he has an invested interest in the Yankees but at any time that interest gets greater than the advancement of the sport itself as a whole then MLB needs to look at that....i know they wont do anything because George pretty much does what he wants when he wants but still its pretty pathetic....

Eagle6Man
03-03-2006, 01:08 PM
Chan Who Puke, was the biggest bust in Texas sports history all-time.

I'm glad he's gone.