PDA

View Full Version : Spurs were the better TEAM tonight....

SintonFan
03-03-2006, 01:11 AM
cough it up...
hack hack!

NateDawg39
03-03-2006, 01:53 AM
I was pretty sure the Mavs could have won it but it just turned favors for those darn Spurs!!

DU_stud04
03-03-2006, 02:52 AM
spurs are the better team no matter what night it is!!!!! GO SPURS!!!!!!!!!

Maroon87
03-03-2006, 03:19 AM
The Spurs are just coasting through under the radar like always. They might win it again this year...who knows?

3afan
03-03-2006, 07:20 AM
its just 1 game ... i think a more appropriate title of this thread could be
"Spurs were the better team TONIGHT...."
... IMO

NateDawg39
03-03-2006, 10:39 AM
Yeah I saw a story Mark Cuban and Adrian saying that the Mavs had a deeper bench than the spurs...looks like the Spurs dug a little deeper.

STANG RED
03-03-2006, 11:05 AM
The Spurs are just winners. On paper, there are several teams that should be better, but on the court, the Spurs just seem to find a way to win, more often than not. I think it comes down to the intangables. You cant really put your finger on it, but the Spurs just have more intangables than any other team. If opposing teams could ever just figure out what those are, and how to neutralize them, they would have the secret to beating them on a consistant level. But, even the red hot Mavs, cant seem to solve that puzzle as of yet. Until someone does, I think the Spurs have to be considered the front runner to win it all again, as long as they stay healthy.

big daddy russ
03-03-2006, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
...as long as they stay healthy.
That's the key. Timmy's not looking so great right now. As much as I hate to say it, I wish they would give him the rest of the regular season off. San Antone already has 45 wins. Five more all but guarantees a spot in the playoffs.

They give Tim a month and a half rest, and I'll bet he'd be back to his old self. I had plantar facsiitis back in the day. It's not fun. Had to miss a week of work just to get back to where I could walk on it. Let Tim take off for the last 20 games so we can be ready when the playoffs get here. I bet we still go .500, even with him out.

Gobbla2001
03-03-2006, 12:17 PM
Horry, Van Exel, Finley, Barry and even Nesterovic with his defense these days isn't a good bench?... Hell, for a while there two of them started for the Mavericks...

One thing is for sure under Pop, the Spurs are going to finish the season at their best... and that's what's happening now...

The Mavs have a GREAT bench, but it's not full of a bunch of proven veterans that can get it done in the crunch like San Antonio has...

The best thing Dallas has going for them is their coach, they're now playing San Antonio style ball, the only way they'll beat San Antonio in the playoffs...

STANG RED
03-03-2006, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
That's the key. Timmy's not looking so great right now. As much as I hate to say it, I wish they would give him the rest of the regular season off. San Antone already has 45 wins. Five more all but guarantees a spot in the playoffs.

They give Tim a month and a half rest, and I'll bet he'd be back to his old self. I had plantar facsiitis back in the day. It's not fun. Had to miss a week of work just to get back to where I could walk on it. Let Tim take off for the last 20 games so we can be ready when the playoffs get here. I bet we still go .500, even with him out.

Your probably right big daddy, but I bet they wont do it.
You also run the risk of destroying team chemistry, with Timmy out. If he did set out, I would think he would need to come back at least 6 games before the playoffs started, so he and the team could all get back into the flow again.

Chief Ohera
03-03-2006, 12:43 PM
yes i believe the spurs were better and the better team, more playoff experience and simply better team players that play better team ball and better defense,

i have said it be fore and i will say it again, the loss of Mike Finely really will hurt us in the playoffs, and who did he go to yep that's right fellas' the spurs,
mavericks will make it deep but i don't see them at all beating the spurs in a SEVEN game series,
just my two cents,
until next time................

Eagle6Man
03-03-2006, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Chief Ohera
yes i believe the spurs were better and the better team, more playoff experience and simply better team players that play better team ball and better defense,

i have said it be fore and i will say it again, the loss of Mike Finely really will hurt us in the playoffs, and who did he go to yep that's right fellas' the spurs,
mavericks will make it deep but i don't see them at all beating the spurs in a SEVEN game series,
just my two cents,

Chief, I happen to agree with you this time.

STANG RED
03-03-2006, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Eagle6Man
Chief, I happen to agree with you this time.

Yep. Bad as I hate to admit it. Me too.

DU_stud04
03-03-2006, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Chief Ohera

just my two cents,

he left dallas 'cause he wanted a ring.....something that san antonio can provide and dallas couldn't

3afan
03-03-2006, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
he left dallas 'cause he wanted a ring.....something that san antonio can provide and dallas couldn't

finley? he was not resigned by the mavs, then he signed with SA. he did not leave the mavs cause he thought he had a better chance to get a ring in SA.

DU_stud04
03-03-2006, 06:25 PM
yea he was resigned by the mavs to save some money,...either way, he went to the spurs for a ring, he had a chances to got o phoenix, miami....i think he made the right choice :)

Gobbla2001
03-04-2006, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
finley? he was not resigned by the mavs

This is why the Mavs never win it...

I honestly believe they can win it this year, but it's gunna be hard doing it because they get rid of too many players and it's hard for that chemistry to get started... not to count that most of the too many players they lose are some of the best in the NBA... wouldn't be shocked to see Dirk traded this year and Avery Johnson reassigned to parking lot coordinator... Cuban is on crack...