PDA

View Full Version : Ciudad Acuna For Spring Break?

olddawggreen
03-02-2006, 10:19 PM
Hmmmm, what could a bunch of college kids possibly want to do in Acuna?:thinking: :thinking:

Phantom Stang
03-02-2006, 10:52 PM
:thinking:

:D

SWMustang
03-02-2006, 10:53 PM
Get on stage and perform a skit with a donkey?

piratebg
03-02-2006, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
Get on stage and perform a skit with a donkey?

Now there's an idea. You guys remember what they did to the donkey in Bachelor Party?:smoker:

LH Panther Mom
03-02-2006, 11:48 PM
Hmmmm..... How does the song go? "When you're down in Acuna...." :D

olddawggreen
03-03-2006, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Hmmmm..... How does the song go? "When you're down in Acuna...." :D

Or George Straits song "Blame it on Mexico" in which he sings about Ma Crosby's. (WARNING no more than two Margs at Crosby's, or you only have yourself to blame;) :D )

http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/1264/7acuna3502ft.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Bullaholic
03-03-2006, 10:30 AM
Oldgreen, I think most of these students go to Acuna to advance the cause of international relations and thereby relieve tensions, while contributing to the economy of Mexico.

NateDawg39
03-03-2006, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Oldgreen, I think most of these students go to Acuna to advance the cause of international relations and thereby relieve tensions, while contributing to the economy of Mexico. Thank you!!! Our work is finally being noticed by the common folk.:)

Ranger Mom
03-03-2006, 10:32 AM
I had the misfortune of being talked into going there one time...got to visit "boys town" too!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

STANG RED
03-03-2006, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
Or George Straits song "Blame it on Mexico" in which he sings about Ma Crosby's. (WARNING no more than two Margs at Crosby's, or you only have yourself to blame;) :D )

http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/1264/7acuna3502ft.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

I had 6 one night. Well, I was told it was 6. I only remember the first 3. I was also told of several other things I did, that I cannot repeat here. To this day, I have no idea where my underwear and socks are. :doh: And I'm not sure I want to. Thank goodness those days are behind me now.

ej2525
03-03-2006, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I had the misfortune of being talked into going there one time...got to visit "boys town" too!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Please do tell us about that experience!!

LH Panther Mom
03-03-2006, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by ej2525
Please do tell us about that experience!!
I can sense another "RS chatroom Story Hour" coming on. :D :evilgrin:

pirate44
03-03-2006, 10:58 AM
what's boy's town?

Ranger Mom
03-03-2006, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
what's boy's town?

It was damn sure a place I had no business being!!

Saw things there I NEVER wanna see again!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

panther power
03-03-2006, 11:19 AM
just a thought, acuna is not the place it used to be, alot of crime and the army is alot different, it's not a place that i would go for a night of "fun'. Alot of bad things have happened there in the past year. Be careful if you go.

pirate44
03-03-2006, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
It was damn sure a place I had no business being!!

Saw things there I NEVER wanna see again!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:
i would have guessed it was a place for orphan kids or latchkey kids to fellowship, do arts & crafts, and whatnot.

BreckTxLonghorn
03-03-2006, 03:44 PM
We hithchiked back from the town to the whataburger to our hotel once. Too inebriated to know better. I was so 'out of it' that I tipped the driver. Of course, her backseat had a surprise, so I guess it evens out. Not my friends' finest moment, but a memorable-ish one to be sure.

olddawggreen
03-04-2006, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by panther power
just a thought, acuna is not the place it used to be, alot of crime and the army is alot different, it's not a place that i would go for a night of "fun'. Alot of bad things have happened there in the past year. Be careful if you go.

Actually from all the reports that I have been able to get lately, Acuna so far has been spared from most of the drug violence and crime that Nueva Laredo and other cities to the south have experienced, and is still relitively safe. Anyone traveling anywhere in Mexico needs to understand that its real different from the US.
Use your head, take the same precaucions you would if you were in New York or any other large city in the US. But understand, that if you get in trouble, you will find real quick that "you ain't in Kansas anymore".

Your safest bet while in Acuna would be to remain on the main street where most of the other American hang out. A trip to boys town, in my opinion is a risky venture under any circumstances. If you have to see it, make sure your with a group.
I usually try to be as invisable as possible when in Mexico, its definately not a good idea to become too "muy brachio"after having those margs or Tecate's and call a lot of attention to yourself or your group.

As much as I love to go to Nueva Larado, it will be a long time before I have another tequela sour at the El Dorado or the Cadilac Bar (if their even open these days). Its really sad what has happened there.