PDA

View Full Version : So what has sweetwater mens beat wylie in?

oh well
03-02-2006, 04:47 PM
Not Football and not Basketball and probally not baseball or golf? Now comeback time 04

oh well
03-02-2006, 04:51 PM
Will not even beat them in Dist Track? :clap:

mrescape43
03-02-2006, 04:52 PM
Don't forget Individual Tennis. Team tennis we are in different regions.

oh well
03-02-2006, 04:56 PM
Oh yea and anything else they compete in. Oh wait are they still in the Dist together:clap:

mustang04
03-02-2006, 04:58 PM
your absolutely right, they havent beat them in anything

and about track, pretty sure after the district meet which wylie will prolly win soley on numbers, once they hit regionals and state, theyll be weeded out and sweetwater will prolly have more events at the state meet than wylie

oh well
03-02-2006, 05:00 PM
So the answer is nothing thise year nothing last year and nothing next year right

mustang04
03-02-2006, 05:04 PM
i SERIOUSLY doubt next year in football...SERIOUSLY DOUBT

although....Sandifer is known for takin a mediocre team and makin state champs outta them now isnt he

SintonFan
03-02-2006, 05:05 PM
I swear I can hear the rumbling of hooves!

pero chato
03-02-2006, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
i Sandifer is known for takin a mediocre team and makin state champs outta them now isnt he

Well there is that and something called teamwork. Also gotta have those linemen doing their jobs. BTW where is Oh Well from? I don't think he's one of us.

mustang04
03-02-2006, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by pero chato
Well there is that and something called teamwork. Also gotta have those linemen doing their jobs. BTW where is Oh Well from? I don't think he's one of us.
u mean the ridiculously huge linemen wylie has year and and year out??? haha man yall have big boys

we had to get our job done my senior year with a line averaging a weight of like 210 lbs haha

Eagle6Man
03-02-2006, 05:17 PM
Abilene Wylie has the reputation at the UIL as Highland Park does. And that is, keep your numbers juuuuust low enough to stay in the lower classification.

Eagle6Man
03-02-2006, 05:25 PM
Let me also add, that any competition between Snyder and Sweetwater seems to be more evenly matched and a better thread, than that of a school with about 400 more students than Sweetwater.

Sweetwater and Snyder makes for interesting discussions. And even at that, Snyder has about 200 more students than Sweetwater.....Yeah, I can hear the hooves now.

44INAROW
03-02-2006, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by oh well
So the answer is nothing thise year nothing last year and nothing next year right

I know a group of boys that would like a matchup in Golf and Track with A Wylie :)

Snyder_TigerFan
03-02-2006, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Eagle6Man
Sweetwater and Snyder makes for interesting discussions. And even at that, Snyder has about 200 more students than Sweetwater.....Yeah, I can hear the hooves now.

Snyder is 628, Sweetwater is 611. Although Reggie will probably argue that too.

pero chato
03-02-2006, 05:32 PM
Abilene Wylie has the reputation at the UIL as Highland Park does. And that is, keep your numbers juuuuust low enough to stay in the lower classification.

YAAAAWWWWWWWWN! We've been over this a thousand times, so just once more. I'm typing slow because I know you don't read very fast. Here's the deal--Wylie turned in 4A numbers this year. And that number is 916. Months later the UIL RAISED the class 3A limit to 949. What is it you don't understand?! You obviously dislike our school, and that's your right to do so. But if you continue to insult the integrity of my school's administrators, then I will continue to defend them with the truth. Now tell me how a school keeps their numbers low enough to stay in the lower classification. I eagerly await your informed answer.

mustang04
03-02-2006, 05:34 PM
Let me also add, that any competition between Snyder and Sweetwater seems to be more evenly matched and a better thread, than that of a school with about 400 more students than Sweetwater.

u are so right...just cuz the 2 teams are both 3A, doesnt mean its not even....Sweetwater and a high numbered 2A is fairer than sweetwater vs. wylie...and sweetwater STILL can compete with them....just like when sweetwater was 4a and was whoopin up on teams, pretty sure we were 4a cuz we counted that disciplinary school out at hobbs as our students, even tho they were from SEVERAL other schools

mustang04
03-02-2006, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Snyder is 628, Sweetwater is 611. Although Reggie will probably argue that too.
actually...no i wont argue that...cuz if u take the percentage of students that play football and find the difference that 17 make....its like 2 more players...if that

mrescape43
03-02-2006, 05:38 PM
YAAAAWWWWWWWWN! We've been over this a thousand times, so just once more. I'm typing slow because I know you don't read very fast. Here's the deal--Wylie turned in 4A numbers this year. And that number is 916. Months later the UIL RAISED the class 3A limit to 949. What is it you don't understand?! You obviously dislike our school, and that's your right to do so. But if you continue to insult the integrity of my school's administrators, then I will continue to defend them with the truth. Now tell me how a school keeps their numbers low enough to stay in the lower classification. I eagerly await your informed answer.

word is they pay uil officials to set numbers
to their benifit. JK :D

Tweeder215
03-02-2006, 05:39 PM
u mean the ridiculously huge linemen wylie has year and and year out??? haha man yall have big boys

we had to get our job done my senior year with a line averaging a weight of like 210 lbs haha

Reg, we were under 200. And the lightest one was on the All-State team...you know who I'm talking about. Me and I only weighed 180ish.

Eagle6Man
03-02-2006, 05:40 PM

Well, first and foremost, I'm pretty new here (as verified by my what? 125 posts?) So, this is the first time I have read this information...(and I read it really fast too!)

I don't dislike Wylie. I have no dog in the hunt. I was just going by enrollment numbers. Now you don't mind if I compare those do ya?
I'm sure Wylie is a great school. But don't have almost 50% more students than Sweetwater and beat your chests like King Kong. It's obvious, that the schools aren't the same size, even though they are in the same classification. Wylie is at the top of those numbers, and Sweetwater is at the low end of those numbers.

Rather than talk about Wylie's numbers and how they continually stay in 3A is moot. What I'm interested in discussing is how you think Wylie is so awsome compared to a school clinging onto 3A for thier life? I know, lets transfer more kids over from Dyess!

mustang04
03-02-2006, 05:41 PM
proving my point even better......i thought it was under 200ish, but wasnt sure, so i gave like 20 lbs just in case....:D

mustang04
03-02-2006, 05:42 PM
Well, first and foremost, I'm pretty new here (as verified by my what? 125 posts?) So, this is the first time I have read this information...(and I read it really fast too!)

I don't dislike Wylie. I have no dog in the hunt. I was just going by enrollment numbers. Now you don't mind if I compare those do ya?
I'm sure Wylie is a great school. But don't have almost 50% more students than Sweetwater and beat your chests like King Kong. It's obvious, that the schools aren't the same size, even though they are in the same classification. Wylie is at the top of those numbers, and Sweetwater is at the low end of those numbers.

Rather than talk about Wylie's numbers and how they continually stay in 3A is moot. What I'm interested in discussing is how you think Wylie is so awsome compared to a school clinging onto 3A for thier life? I know, lets transfer more kids over from Dyess!
and THATS why TATUM was a badass team this past season......barely even 3A and they were friggin AWESOME

Eagle6Man
03-02-2006, 05:47 PM
and THATS why TATUM was a badass team this past season......barely even 3A and they were friggin AWESOME

Very true Mustang 04.

I can't imagine how badly they (Tatum) are going to tear up 2A this year. Heck, I bet they could give most 4A teams a run for their money. You have to hand it to Tatum.

pero chato
03-02-2006, 05:48 PM
u are so right...just cuz the 2 teams are both 3A, doesnt mean its not even....Sweetwater and a high numbered 2A is fairer than sweetwater vs. wylie...and sweetwater STILL can compete with them....just like when sweetwater was 4a and was whoopin up on teams, pretty sure we were 4a cuz we counted that disciplinary school out at hobbs as our students, even tho they were from SEVERAL other schools

I agree that numbers can be an advantage. But it's not the only factor. Otherwise, WF Hirschi would have been a powerhouse in 3A this past season. I think we all agree that a good 2A could have beaten them.
As far as being fair, the upper classifications have a bigger difference than 3A. If anyone has a better idea to divide up the classes, I'm sure the UIL would love to hear about it.

mustang04
03-02-2006, 05:48 PM
Very true Mustang 04.

I can't imagine how badly they (Tatum) are going to tear up 2A this year. Heck, I bet they could give most 4A teams a run for their money. You have to hand it to Tatum.
i definitley think the Tatum this past season coulda hung with some REALLY good 4A programs

STANG RED
03-02-2006, 05:50 PM
Will not even beat them in Dist Track? :clap:

But I bet we win the Region I track meet again, and might even win state. We only need a couple more points last year.
Question is: Will Snyder even have anyone that even qualifies?

It's no secret how Wylie wins the District Meet every year. They put 3 athletes in every event, and 1,2, & 3 point you to death. They have the program and the numbers to be able to do that. I dont blame them. I would do the same thing in their shoes.

mustang04
03-02-2006, 05:51 PM
I agree that numbers can be an advantage. But it's not the only factor. Otherwise, WF Hirschi would have been a powerhouse in 3A this past season. I think we all agree that a good 2A could have beaten them.
As far as being fair, the upper classifications have a bigger difference than 3A. If anyone has a better idea to divide up the classes, I'm sure the UIL would love to hear about it.
its not just numbers..but when u have more numbers you have more talent...but sometimes the best talent always doesnt participate.....take Lubbock Estacado.....ive heard from some friends up there that if certain ppl would participate in football....then they would KICK arse, and i believe it, theres talent everywhere thats not even used and is wasted cuz of lack of participation

mustang04
03-02-2006, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
But I bet we win the Region I track meet again, and might even win state. We only need a couple more points last year.

It's no secret how Wylie wins the District Meet every year. They put 3 athletes in every event, and 1,2, & 3 point you to death. They have the program and the numbers to be able to do that. I dont blame them. I would do the same thing in their shoes.
EXACTLY what i was trying to say...i think u just worded it better

pero chato
03-02-2006, 05:59 PM

What are you talking about!? Who is beating their chests like King Kong? And who is saying Wylie is "so awesome..."? Not me. And not a large majority of the other Wylie posters. There are 4 schools that have larger enrollments than Wylie in class 3A. Where are your comparisons and rants on those schools? As far as your Dyess comment, if you read the article only "a handful" of students have been affected by the rule--and they were former Wylie students to begin with. I am typing faster since you mentioned that you are reading faster--although I have to back space more often and correct my spelling.

mustang04
03-02-2006, 06:00 PM
bottom line...when the difference in numbers between wylie and sweetwater is enough to make up half of another sweetwater school, wylie SHOULD be better....300 extra students, if sweetwater was all of a sudden to get 300 students...i bet they'd be alot better in sports too, dont ya think, that is, if ppl participated out of those 300, if not then its just 300 plain jane students

mrescape43
03-02-2006, 06:01 PM
What are you talking about!? Who is beating their chests like King Kong? And who is saying Wylie is "so awesome..."? Not me. And not a large majority of the other Wylie posters. There are 4 schools that have larger enrollments than Wylie in class 3A. Where are your comparisons and rants on those schools? As far as your Dyess comment, if you read the article only "a handful" of students have been affected by the rule--and they were former Wylie students to begin with. I am typing faster since you mentioned that you are reading faster--although I have to back space more often and correct my spelling.

:D :D :clap: :clap:

pero chato
03-02-2006, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED

I think Sweetwater takes state this year in track and will make it to the state game in football, they have the talent and experience.

mustang04
03-02-2006, 06:09 PM
I think Sweetwater takes state this year in track and will make it to the state game in football, they have the talent and experience.

would u go to the game if they went state in fball???

STANG RED
03-02-2006, 06:12 PM

I sure hope your right. It'll be a lot of fun to watch and see. I still remember 1985 like it was just a couple years ago. Man was that fun! But then, Wylie folks know exactly what I'm talking about.

pero chato
03-02-2006, 06:18 PM
bottom line...when the difference in numbers between wylie and sweetwater is enough to make up half of another sweetwater school, wylie SHOULD be better....300 extra students, if sweetwater was all of a sudden to get 300 students...i bet they'd be alot better in sports too, dont ya think, that is, if ppl participated out of those 300, if not then its just 300 plain jane students

I agree 100%. And that's because Sweetwater has a tradition of being a powerhouse. They have a great program and lots of participation. My only point on the numbers thing was that high enrollment numbers don't necessarily = a successful program. You have to have coaching, facilities, participation, talent, etc.

pero chato
03-02-2006, 06:19 PM
would u go to the game if they went state in fball???

I'm there my friend!

oh well
03-02-2006, 06:27 PM
Here is one for you who is the last team to beat Wylie and Sweetwater in the same season in Football
Snyder, Snyder Snyder:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Tweeder215
03-02-2006, 06:33 PM
Here is one for you who is the last team to beat Wylie and Sweetwater in the same season in Football

...And then turn around and run from both coaches the next year when they ask to play you again. Snyder, Snyder, Snyder :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

STANG RED
03-02-2006, 06:36 PM

Here is one for you who was the first team of the the three to be eliminated from the playoffs last year? First round no less!
Snyder, Snyder, Snyder

mrescape43
03-02-2006, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Tweeder215
...And then turn around and run from both coaches the next year when they ask to play you again. Snyder, Snyder, Snyder :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Wrong again. Couldn't cancel already scheduled game. At least in Sweetwaters case. Don't know about A Wylie

STANG RED
03-02-2006, 06:48 PM
Well its been another fun one on the 3adl today, but I gotta go. I'll see you guys and gals tomorrow. Dont do anything I wouldnt do. In other words; no holds barred.

Tweeder215
03-02-2006, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by mrescape43
Wrong again. Couldn't cancel already scheduled game. At least in Sweetwaters case. Don't know about A Wylie

again?? Madame/Sir, you will be hard pressed to find any other occasion where I was mistaken or mislead. I rarely open my mouth, or in this case tickle the keys of my keyboard unless I have sufficient background information. And in the both cases it came from a coach on either staff.

mrescape43
03-02-2006, 06:50 PM
again?? Madame/Sir, you will be hard pressed to find any other occasion where I was mistaken or mislead. I rarely open my mouth, or in this case tickle the keys of my keyboard unless I have sufficient background information. And in the both cases it came from a coach on either staff.

I was told from a coach on our staff that Sweetwater wanted to play during Sammy Baugh classic and we already had game with
Amarillo Palo Duro scheduled.

Chief Ohera
03-02-2006, 07:02 PM
neither of these schools impress me much, it takes alot to impress me,
wylie, cheats on enrollment numbers
sweetwater, feeds theirs horses steriods,
synder, well, what do i know about them except for the fact they are country feed and bred throughout,

i don't care much about these schools until they start impressing me with talent then i won't pay much attention to them, altough i do think that sweetwater has the better athletes of the three schools,

so brothers stay tuned and keep your ears pinned back for when i come again,
your buddy and confident the one and only CHIEF. of stats
until next time........................

Tweeder215
03-02-2006, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Chief Ohera
synder, well, what do i know about them except for the fact they are country feed and bred throughout,

i don't care much about these schools until they start impressing me with talent then i won't pay much attention to them, altough i do think that sweetwater has the better athletes of the three schools,

First of all, You aren't my buddy and probably never will be, along with the vast majority of those on here. Secondly, those three "unimpressive" schools had (unless my calculations are incorrect) 24 playoff games in the last two years alone and coming from the same district and neck of the woods thats impressive. I urge you to find any other three team district combo like that in the entire state. Thirdly, I don't believe that you know what the crap it is you are talking about. Prove to me where Wylie cheats on their enrollment, I played for Sweetwater and I can guarantee you there isn't foul play afoot, and Snyder (while with my dying breath I will curse their name) has had a very respectable program the last several years. And to question the talent pool from these three schools is just plain ignorant and I won't even dignify that with an argument. However, go and look at the numbers of kids that have made the all state team from these schools in recent history and then try to tell me that they don't impress you with talent.

mrescape43
03-02-2006, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Chief Ohera

It is a darn good thing these schools have no talent or we would all be in trouble! LOL:D :D :D Chief says it so it must be fact! NOT

smustangs
03-02-2006, 07:16 PM
i agree thats what i was going to say but i couldnt put it in words haha

MHSvarsity2007
03-02-2006, 07:39 PM
how many times is this thread going to come up and get more and more people ticked off?? seriously guys, this is old.

mustang04
03-02-2006, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by MHSvarsity2007
how many times is this thread going to come up and get more and more people ticked off?? seriously guys, this is old.

ohhhh ur from merkel..no one cares about merkel football, just a spot to fill in the schedule:D

smustangs
03-02-2006, 07:43 PM
haha i hated playin merkel for sr night cuz we got to play the first half and a lil bit in the third quarter only haha

MHSvarsity2007
03-02-2006, 07:43 PM
ohhhh ur from merkel..no one cares about merkel football, just a spot to fill in the schedule:D

haha noooo you can't even bring merkel into this discussion about the prestigious "Big 3" :D

mustang04
03-02-2006, 07:47 PM
haha noooo you can't even bring merkel into this discussion about the prestigious "Big 3" :D

ur right.

mrescape43
03-02-2006, 07:47 PM

Yes you can, you just have to take a few here with a grain of salt.

MHSvarsity2007
03-02-2006, 07:51 PM
haha i dont exactly wanna hear everybodys dish on merkel. :hand:

stangpride
04-01-2006, 10:01 AM
your absolutely right, they havent beat them in anything

win soley on numbers

you cant say that enough, must be nice playin 3a with 4a numbers.

MHSvarsity2007
04-01-2006, 10:03 AM
who cares? this thread is simply to see who will have more bragging rights.

stangpride
04-01-2006, 10:05 AM
I'm typing slow because I know you don't read very fast..

retard just because ur typin slow dont mean anything its posted at the same time. go back to school.

stangpride
04-01-2006, 10:10 AM

the truth is that yall prolly have sum1 on the uil board because the numbers always fit right around yalls numbers evryyear yall are supposed to go 4a yall either send all your kids to cooper (50 this year i heard) or the numbers just happened to change to where yall are still 3a. last year u won the district track meet just because you had atleast 2 people in every heat of every race. like i said must be nice. we have 93 people in our class.

Snyder_TigerFan
04-01-2006, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by stangpride
retard just because ur typin slow dont mean anything its posted at the same time. go back to school.

You're making yourself look foolish.

stangpride
04-01-2006, 10:19 AM

im sorry pero didnt mean to dis im just mad over last night and felt like sayin sumptin to sum1 bout sumptin. i didnt mean it.

shadow13
04-01-2006, 05:44 PM
First of all, You aren't my buddy and probably never will be, along with the vast majority of those on here. Secondly, those three "unimpressive" schools had (unless my calculations are incorrect) 24 playoff games in the last two years alone and coming from the same district and neck of the woods thats impressive. I urge you to find any other three team district combo like that in the entire state. Thirdly, I don't believe that you know what the crap it is you are talking about. Prove to me where Wylie cheats on their enrollment, I played for Sweetwater and I can guarantee you there isn't foul play afoot, and Snyder (while with my dying breath I will curse their name) has had a very respectable program the last several years. And to question the talent pool from these three schools is just plain ignorant and I won't even dignify that with an argument. However, go and look at the numbers of kids that have made the all state team from these schools in recent history and then try to tell me that they don't impress you with talent. Tweeder I agree with you totally, but people like chief and many others from the Dallas ,Houston and East Texas area look at talent in ,how many go on to play college football, whether it's at ACU OR UCLA ,if you got talent there is a school for you to go play at. This is what a cousin of mine from Dallas told me. but again I agree with you Wylie ,Sweetwater and Snyder have great talent year in and year out.

Whsdogs
04-02-2006, 04:35 PM
in my opinion...sweetwater wont be wylie in track even after district...after watchin the track meet in san angelo...i was not impressed with the sweetwater track team...they had under 100 points less than wylie and even their runner sky green isnt goin to help them take down wylie in regionals or even state cause i think edwards is the answer for sweetwaters green...and then you get the rest of the guys on wylies team who placed above all the sweetwater guys except sky in the 100 just cause we had a freshmen chasing that kid..of the races i watched we had a guy finish first in 200,400, 300 hurdles long jump, 4X100 meter relay, 800 meter relay took second and sweetwater wasnt even in top 5,first in high jump, first in discus and i didnt feel like listing the other events wylie finished better then sweetwater.....sweetwater will not be close to wylie in track...just not a chance

and its not cause wylies numbers its cause of the athletes that ran faster and performed better than every individual in sweetwater system with the exceptance of sky green in the 100....10 points isnt goin to win you regionals or state

pero chato
04-02-2006, 05:29 PM
im sorry pero didnt mean to dis im just mad over last night and felt like sayin sumptin to sum1 bout sumptin. i didnt mean it.

No problem my friend. But for the record the "typing slow" comment was a joke haha, and Wylie has no one on the UIL board and no students were sent to Cooper. There are at least three schools bigger in 3A than Wylie, the UIL raised the cutoff after Wylie and the other schools submitted 4A numbers. There is no cheating the system if you study how it works. Good luck to you and your team. ( I assume you're an athlete).

mustang04
04-02-2006, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Whsdogs
in my opinion...sweetwater wont be wylie in track even after district...after watchin the track meet in san angelo...i was not impressed with the sweetwater track team...they had under 100 points less than wylie and even their runner sky green isnt goin to help them take down wylie in regionals or even state cause i think edwards is the answer for sweetwaters green...and then you get the rest of the guys on wylies team who placed above all the sweetwater guys except sky in the 100 just cause we had a freshmen chasing that kid..of the races i watched we had a guy finish first in 200,400, 300 hurdles long jump, 4X100 meter relay, 800 meter relay took second and sweetwater wasnt even in top 5,first in high jump, first in discus and i didnt feel like listing the other events wylie finished better then sweetwater.....sweetwater will not be close to wylie in track...just not a chance

and its not cause wylies numbers its cause of the athletes that ran faster and performed better than every individual in sweetwater system with the exceptance of sky green in the 100....10 points isnt goin to win you regionals or state

but sweetwater has a way with not performing their best the whole season then busting it out after the district meet...its awkward

but it does sound like wylie is stacked...good luck bulldogs:)

shadow13
04-02-2006, 11:23 PM

and its not cause wylies numbers its cause of the athletes that ran faster and performed better than every individual in sweetwater system with the exceptance of sky green in the 100....10 points isnt goin to win you regionals or state You must not have talk to Gary in about 2 or 3 years, because Gary is no answer to Skye as a matter of fact the last time he raced Skye was in the 8th grade , for some reason:thinking: he always manage to false start in the 100m.And I do believe we won the 4x400 relay and will win the 4x100 relay we had our 3rd leg playing baseball Saturday as for the Freshman maybe in football but forget it on the track we have plenty of freshman who can run a 11.2

shadow13
04-02-2006, 11:37 PM
By way, don't waste Gary's speed by putting him on those relays ,because trust me they won't go very far with those times they are posting ,he has a better chance running the 100 and 200, lean on all those other events you say they are good in. when they start running times like these ,then you can get on here and brag.
4x100 -42.3 or better
4x200 -1:28.0 or better
4x400 -3:23.0 or better

Before you say it,I will! you are correct Sweetwater is not posting those times either, but i'm not bragging.

Sweetwater 2005
4x100 - 41.98
4x200 - 1:27.40
4x400 - 3:19.86

Whsdogs
04-02-2006, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by shadow13
You must not have talk to Gary in about 2 or 3 years, because Gary is no answer to Skye as a matter of fact the last time he raced Skye was in the 8th grade , for some reason:thinking: he always manage to false start in the 100m.And I do believe we won the 4x400 relay and will win the 4x100 relay we had our 3rd leg playing baseball Saturday as for the Freshman maybe in football but forget it on the track we have plenty of freshman who can run a 11.2

reason why gary isnt running all individuals is cause he would rather the team win the meet with 20 points then get close with him winning 10 on an individual event...you brag about sky in the 100...gary has posted the same times..and please please stop with the "why does gary false start every time he races him"...thats just lame he false started last year at district cause the guy next to himjumped....i dont know if you knew thise but gary has a little bit of a hearing problem and waits to the person next to him goes.....fact of the matter we beat yall pretty bad in the relays except the mile relay....we will be getting our first leg in the relay back also so we will just have to wait and see...guarantee the same results of this last meet will happen again in the near future...good luck to sweetwater and wylie

Whsdogs
04-02-2006, 11:57 PM
By way, don't waste Gary's speed by putting him on those relays ,because trust me they won't go very far with those times they are posting ,he has a better chance running the 100 and 200, lean on all those other events you say they are good in. when they start running times like these ,then you can get on here and brag.
4x100 -42.3 or better
4x200 -1:28.0 or better
4x400 -3:23.0 or better

Before you say it,I will! you are correct Sweetwater is not posting those times either, but i'm not bragging.

Sweetwater 2005
4x100 - 41.98
4x200 - 1:27.40
4x400 - 3:19.86

are you saying that you were part of those times? cause we can talk relay times all day lol

mustang04
04-03-2006, 12:38 AM
reason why gary isnt running all individuals is cause he would rather the team win the meet with 20 points then get close with him winning 10 on an individual event...you brag about sky in the 100...gary has posted the same times..and please please stop with the "why does gary false start every time he races him"...thats just lame he false started last year at district cause the guy next to himjumped....i dont know if you knew thise but gary has a little bit of a hearing problem and waits to the person next to him goes.....fact of the matter we beat yall pretty bad in the relays except the mile relay....we will be getting our first leg in the relay back also so we will just have to wait and see...guarantee the same results of this last meet will happen again in the near future...good luck to sweetwater and wylie

shadow...i love skye, he's a cool kid and a tremendous athlete and this post isnt taking anything away from him, but giving to Gary Edwards...he is a good runner and has a disadvantage w/ not being able to hear, he DOES watch the runner next to him to decide when to take off and it actually takes away from his time, i just wanna say good luck to BOTH runners cuz i know both runners will make BOTH schools proud!

mustang04
04-03-2006, 12:39 AM
are you saying that you were part of those times? cause we can talk relay times all day lol

haha..easy killer...shadow had his speed in his day....so did his wife

shadow13
04-03-2006, 12:49 PM
are you saying that you were part of those times? cause we can talk relay times all day lol LOL, If you only knew, Go back and read what i said , and get off of the TEAM PLAYER crap, I said as fast as your relays are, Gary might as well run the 100 & 200 ,because the relays are not going to go anywhere with those times.

injuredinmelee
04-03-2006, 12:50 PM
wow if we would leave this one alone it will disappear. I did see where Edwwards beat banyard in the 200. I wonder why he isnt running the 100 right now? Maybe he will in district.

shadow13
04-03-2006, 12:52 PM
And yes, I know about Gary's hearing problem, as a matter of fact Gary and Skye are good friends, but I believe Gary do not want to have anything to do with Skye in the 100. My Opinion!

Black_Magic
04-03-2006, 01:02 PM
LOL, If you only knew, Go back and read what i said , and get off of the TEAM PLAYER crap, I said as fast as your relays are, Gary might as well run the 100 & 200 ,because the relays are not going to go anywhere with those times. Well I believe Team is important and Is not crap. I think Wylie winning Regional would be more important than an individual going on to state ..

Whsdogs
And yes, I know about Gary's hearing problem, as a matter of fact Gary and Skye are good friends, but I believe Gary do not want to have anything to do with Skye in the 100. My Opinion!

in my opinion...your opinion has no bases...you dont seem to know gary very well, he has no problem with racing anyone win or lose. He is a tremendous and gracious athlete in success and defeat. I have ran with and against both of these kids and they are both competitve and would never bow out of a race with a false start or anything of that nature...thats just a rediculous statement.

For injured..gary isnt running the 100 because wylie doesnt have solid 200 runners..they have a few 10.9-11.2 100 meter runners but they are young to sprinting and just cant quite keep up the pace in the 200 so he puts gary in there.

And for reggie...he might be fast im not sayin that but when i was in highschool our relays beat any of the times he posted...by seconds lol( it was just for giggles anyways...no harm no foul..just messin around)

mustang04

maybe so.....i know i wouldn't! but ill take him on in '3A Downlow Survivor' ANY DAY! :D

shadow13
04-03-2006, 08:04 PM
in my opinion...your opinion has no bases...you dont seem to know gary very well, he has no problem with racing anyone win or lose. He is a tremendous and gracious athlete in success and defeat. I have ran with and against both of these kids and they are both competitve and would never bow out of a race with a false start or anything of that nature...thats just a rediculous statement.

For injured..gary isnt running the 100 because wylie doesnt have solid 200 runners..they have a few 10.9-11.2 100 meter runners but they are young to sprinting and just cant quite keep up the pace in the 200 so he puts gary in there.

And for reggie...he might be fast im not sayin that but when i was in highschool our relays beat any of the times he posted...by seconds lol( it was just for giggles anyways...no harm no foul..just messin around) you guys are killing me:rolleyes: One more time, if a team has a relay that has a chance to go to state ,by all means take your speedster out of an individual race and put him on the relay, but in your case Wylie does not have a relay team that has a chance to go to state ,so please let Gary run the individuals. Maybe I'm wrong but isn't it all about getting to state ,not just winning district.

Black_Magic
04-04-2006, 09:45 AM
Wylie has enough depth and speed to get the relay teams out without Edwards on them. If they decide to run him in the 100 and 200 and one relay it may not be a bad deal. At regional they could make the decision to pull one of his individual events and compete him in a relay. He could Compeete in the 100,200 at district and then at regional they could make the best call at that time.

Whsdogs
04-04-2006, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Wylie has enough depth and speed to get the relay teams out without Edwards on them. If they decide to run him in the 100 and 200 and one relay it may not be a bad deal. At regional they could make the decision to pull one of his individual events and compete him in a relay. He could Compeete in the 100,200 at district and then at regional they could make the best call at that time.

and that is what will happen more than likely...the district is pretty week with sprinters this year

mustang04
04-04-2006, 12:19 PM
and that is what will happen more than likely...the district is pretty week with sprinters this year

the whole state times have been weak to me the past couple of years in the sprinting....maybe it was just cuz i grew up hearing about that dude from big spring who could run a sub-10 second 100m

sweetwater07
04-04-2006, 03:15 PM
i think sweetwater has a better chance to beat wylie in football next year...soley because wylie and their losses on both sides of the ball including kennum, and barbee.....their best players excluding gary edwards are mostly leaving.....i say we have a good chance against them next year

shadow13
04-04-2006, 10:36 PM
the whole state times have been weak to me the past couple of years in the sprinting....maybe it was just cuz i grew up hearing about that dude from big spring who could run a sub-10 second 100m I believe you are talking about Tory Mitchell ,the guy had blazing speed here's a list of his top performances that I remember. And yes he would dominate the field ,if he were running now.

State Meet

1996 - 10.55 -3rd
1997 - 10.66 -3rd
1998 - 10.34 -1st
1999 - 10.31 -1st

Jesuit- Sheaner Relays

1998 - 10.32

Heyoverthere
04-05-2006, 09:03 AM
im talkn to Gary at the moment im posting this and he ran a 10.4 his freshman year and wants to race Skye G. but Gary doesnt really care who wins cause they are both athlets....cause they are friends:cool:

P.S there is this new guy that runs a 10.2 but doenst run track cause hes workn out should that be right??