PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer RB Justin Johnson on the front page of Rivals...

big daddy russ
03-02-2006, 02:16 PM
They're already comparing him to Adrian Peterson.

Link (http://rivals100.rivals.com/)

big daddy russ
03-02-2006, 02:18 PM
Here's (http://rivals100.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=518868) the story.

Originally posted by Rivals.com
"Gilmer will most likely be favored to win state in 2006 with Curtis Brown at receiver and Johnson at running back, not to mention the other dozen D-1 prospects in this small 3A program."

The "other dozen?" :eek:

lostaussie
03-02-2006, 02:31 PM
i don't want to sound like a real homer, but what the heck, this guy is the real deal. just a sophomore, he will probably have the pick of any college in the nation.

lostaussie
03-02-2006, 02:41 PM
one of my posts from about a week ago

Gilmer:
Curtis Brown, reciever and defensive back. being looked at by several major universities. great athlete. will be a senior.
Dominique Buchanon, linebacker. one of the best i have seen ever in Gilmer and we have had some good ones. will be a senior.
Maybe our most prized weapon, Justin Johnson. running back, linebacker, kick returner. could wind up being the best athlete ever to come from Gilmer. Justin will be a junior.

mustang04
03-02-2006, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
i don't want to sound like a real homer, but what the heck, this guy is the real deal. just a sophomore, he will probably have the pick of any college in the nation.

Gilmer fans..... i have been saying that sweetwater's RB Joseph Banyard is legit and he is the reason why i keep up w/ the football team now, but now i will also be pulling for Gilmer, this RB yall have sounds like a great RB and i hope he has his head on straight...GOOD LUCK NEXT SEASON! ill be pullin for yall....(of course unless somehow yall end up having to play sweetwater:D )

lostaussie
03-02-2006, 02:54 PM
Gilmer Coach Jeff Traylor is a good coach, a good motivator, but most of all a great person. he has done so much to bring this community together. with that said, i believe the reason he is still at gilmer is because of the tremendous sophmore class, that will be juniors next season. some of the o-line actually started as freshmen when we won it all in 04'. i hope he stays a long time, but after this class graduates i will be suprised. we shall see.

NateDawg39
03-02-2006, 06:38 PM
Man Gilmer is in good shape to get the title in 06 in my opinion..

Matthew328
03-02-2006, 07:34 PM
Gilmer is LOADED.........this kid Johnson....plays the game with a mean streak....he describes his play as "violent" and it fits perfect...

lostaussie
03-03-2006, 09:25 PM
i want to bring this back to the top. everytime i go to the "who's online" section, several people are reading this thread. there is a great link in there.

Buckeye80
03-12-2006, 02:21 PM
This year in particular, I will be a gigantic "homer". I'm really excited about the Buckeyes getting a shot at D-1 this year. Gilmer is going to be stacked, but there still will be 15 games between the Bucks and another championship. And I'm fairly certain that the 15 teams Gilmer would have to play won't care about the pre-season hype for the Buckeyes.