PDA

View Full Version : Big XII hoops next year...

big daddy russ
03-02-2006, 02:06 PM
Wow. The conference should be loaded. KU and OSU were two of the youngest teams in the nation, and both seemed to be coming together right now.

OSU's been a tough out all year, but they turned a corner when they beat UT a couple of weeks ago. Now they know how to finish games, and have gone 2-2 since then, with two of those games against top 25 teams (lost to #17 OU by one the other night).

The rest of the conference should be loaded again, too. It looks like we'll only have three possible early entries (CU's Roby, UT's Aldridge and Gibson IF they do leave) so most teams return their studs.

UT and OU stand to lose the most. Buckman and Paulino leave the 40 Acres with walking papers this year, and Aldridge and Gibson may go into the NBA. But with all those loaded recruiting classes the Horns have put together should reload and be in the thick of things again next year.

OU's not sitting quite as pretty, as they have to find a way to replace two of the best, most experienced post players in the Big XII, along with a great wing. But they've had a couple of nice recruits here and there, and should be eyeing the postseason again next year as well.

TAMU, KSU and a few others return the house, too. I think Kansas State will be the surprise team of the year next season.

OSU and KU should easily be top 10-caliber teams. UT should be right on their heels. TAMU, KSU, Mizzou, Tech (not a single senior on the team) and Iowa State should all see some time in the top 25, too, but they'll beat each other up in conference play.

Oh, and I can't forget my boys over in Waco. The Bears will give teams fits, too.

TMer25
03-02-2006, 02:30 PM
With Rick Barnes bringing in 2 more McDonald's All Americans, and with it looking more and more likely like Gibson will stay, since he's played his way out of being a lottery pick, Texas should be in the top 10 mix as well.

big daddy russ
03-02-2006, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by TMer25
With Rick Barnes bringing in 2 more McDonald's All Americans, and with it looking more and more likely like Gibson will stay, since he's played his way out of being a lottery pick, Texas should be in the top 10 mix as well.
Dang, Gibson's going to stay? UT will be tough.

Oh, and I saw some video of that 5-star forward they're picking up next year. That kid's an animal. Should ease the loss of Aldridge.

BU97
03-02-2006, 03:12 PM
I say Baylor will be middle of the pack next year and I think they could be a conference continder Bruce's sr year. Mamadou will have to get tougher in the paint.

lostaussie
03-02-2006, 03:19 PM
the ags finally have a coach that seems to be doing a little better in the recruiting game. it's been a long time since coach metcalf left. i think we are on the right track. long way to go.

sahen
03-02-2006, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by BU97
I say Baylor will be middle of the pack next year and I think they could be a conference continder Bruce's sr year. Mamadou will have to get tougher in the paint.
the bears improved a lot this year..add in the fact that they r bringing in a mickey d all american next year and another 7 footer to go w/ Mamadou down low and we actually get a nonconference schedule it could be interesting....i think they r 2 years from the NCAAs but with some luck could squeak in next year....its kinda hard to tell though, cause they r playing well lately after they finally got some games so who knows what will happen next year other than they will be better....