PDA

View Full Version : Rice Raider baseball

XMan
03-02-2006, 07:46 AM
How has the Raiders season gone so far? They were supposed to be much improved this year but ive seen that a couple of 2As have run ruled them. What is the deal?

chugbug
03-02-2006, 11:26 AM
X-man, You don't know what the s#$% you are talking about. You are not only asking a question, but are making an asinine statement.:eek: :eek: :tongue: :flamingma :flamingma :flamingma

scotty
03-02-2006, 07:43 PM
Chugbug, don't understand your reply. I, too, heard that Rice baseball would be much improved because of their pitching. Explain.

whtfbplaya
03-02-2006, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by scotty
Chugbug, don't understand your reply. I, too, heard that Rice baseball would be much improved because of their pitching. Explain.

He is talking about how classless it is to say both in the same sentence.

XMan
03-03-2006, 12:16 AM
Let me rephrase for mr lucky 13. What is Rice Consols record? I saw they were destroyed by East Barnyard and Weimar but how have they done otherwise. They are supposed to have a young kid that can really bring it. I guessed that he didnt pitch the 2 games for which i saw a score. Rice has NEVER made the playoffs so a serious contender would be a very big improvement. The district is very weak this year so I thought that this might just be their year.

chugbug
03-03-2006, 10:24 AM
The only other game that they have played , they lost to Danbury. The young kid that you are talking about just got out of basketball. His name is Taylor Cook. He has not pitched yet. Yes he can bring it.:eek: :eek: :tongue: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

raider4life
03-03-2006, 05:04 PM
We just got our team pretty much. Taylor threw 5 very strong innings striking out 5 and only giving up 2 ER. He hit 86 a few times, and has a very much improved curveball that if pitched right is almost unhittable. Today was pretty much his first time pitching, and did very well. We are 1-4 as we just beat Boling today. We lost to a very very good East Bernard team, gave up the game to Weimer and Danbury(twice) late in the game. Just wait until district rolls around, and for your information we are a much improved team from last year. We have 3 guys that can pitch in the 80's. Ross Lobpries can throw low 80's, Lance Morales can hit mid 80's and Taylor can hit upper 80's. We prolly have the fastest team I've seen at Rice this year, and we're gonna bring it come district. Since we just got our team back we're not quite sure who's doing what and we are basically trying numerous players out at many different positions. If you don't think we're a better team than last year just come watch us when we're all situated with our team. :)

XMan
03-04-2006, 08:51 AM
Well Raiders, good luck to ya. Seems like yall have it together now. I just feel bad for you in a way. Most of the traditional baseball powers in the area have kids that play baseball year round and play together a lot. You have no idea what disadvantage yall are at. I wish you the best and like I say the district is the weakest its been in over 20 years. Columbus has some pitching but Sealy, Bellville, and Navasota are bad and Hempstead is worse. This should be the year of the raider. Johnnys Sport shop should start printing the playoff tshirts today.

raider4life
03-04-2006, 01:27 PM
Columbus got beat 12 to 2 by Edna last week, so if Edna can hit off Columbus, I'm pretty sure we can too. Maybe you should come watch us play tonight at Rice vs. Smithville at 7.

XMan
03-05-2006, 10:47 AM
The Ctowners threw their #s 5 and 6 pitcher to start off with against Edna. Edna got a bunch of runs and Columbus brings in their #1. He proceeds to strike out almost every hitter he faces. In district you will see pitcher 1 or 2 so get ready. Playing Smithville is not going to do much to get you ready for district. If you dont 10 run the Tigers it is not a good sign.

good luck from the X

raider4life
03-05-2006, 01:53 PM
Most of us have played with a lot of the c-town players in other leagues and we know what they are capable of and vice versa. we just beat smithville and took 2nd place in our tourney. Taylor, Lance, and Michael got all tourney team. We'll be ready by the time district rolls around. :)

UPanIN
03-06-2006, 05:32 PM
The fight in D20-3A baseball will be for 2nd and 3rd place. Columbus should win dist.

Navasota will go as far as their pitching takes them and they have two-three young men that can get it done if they are willing to work. We'll see if they have been willing.

I hear Bellville is young. Means nothing once dist play starts. They will be ready to play and will contend for one of the two spots.

Rice according to one post is better than last year. If they are better... they still don't make it into the playoffs. Only way they make it is if Navasota and Bellville both nose dive and Sealy has a really bad year.

Sealy... know nothing about them except they will scrap and they might contend if Navasota or Bellville don't show up.

This may be a really down year for this dist in baseball. Hope I'm wrong about that.

My picks for dist.
Columbus 1st
Bellville 2nd
Navasota 3rd

RiceRaider
03-06-2006, 10:34 PM
Lol this is hilarious.....You do relize this year Rice has 3 of the best pitchers in our district ? Cook, Morales, and Loprise ?? all pitch about 85 with nasty curve balls Morales a Sr. Loprise a Jr. and Cook a Soph. ( Rice's Quarterback) ...I know no one thinks it's possible since we have never been to playoffs but, with great pitching and good hitters we will get the job done but, everyone here saying rice isn't anything I just want you to remember ....I told ya that Rice would goto the playoffs :eek: .......I mean what other choice is there I don't think anyone will be able to hit off any of our pitchers I mean Cook just got out of basketball ...hasn't even had a pithing practice yet and is throwing 85 consistantly and throwing it where he wants to throw it ....all I know is whoever wants it is going to get it.

XMan
03-07-2006, 07:34 AM
whose gun are yall using for these speeds. I hear Cook is legit low 80s guy but i have never seen the other 2 even sniff 80 in a hurricane. Maybe 75 though.

whtfbplaya
03-07-2006, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by XMan
whose gun are yall using for these speeds. I hear Cook is legit low 80s guy but i have never seen the other 2 even sniff 80 in a hurricane. Maybe 75 though. :thinking: :doh: :confused:

UPanIN
03-07-2006, 12:03 PM
Great pitching and good hitting almost always wins. We'll see if the 85 mph really stands and if the hitting is there when dist starts.

I have no problem if Rice makes the playoffs but they've still got it to do. Matter of fact if they do make the playoffs it would be a good way for those kids to leave 3A.

The best team does not always win in baseball though... more than any other sport I think.

Good luck Raiders.

whtfbplaya
03-07-2006, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by UPanIN

The best team does not always win in baseball though... more than any other sport I think.

The best team never ALWAYS wins anything, but more than likely the cream will rise to the top.

DaRaiderz
03-07-2006, 10:12 PM
Is this really a baseball thread talking about the Rice Raiders? I better download my antivirus update because something is obviously wrong with my computer.

RiceRaider
03-07-2006, 10:14 PM
W/e u guys wanna believe i've seen it with my own eyes though =-)

Crow22
03-07-2006, 10:34 PM
Good luck to the Raiders. I'll be cheering for you.

A little realism in this thread would go a long ways.....

Considering they have a radar gun that flashes every pitch's speed and considering I've been to the games....I haven't seen a pitch over 78 yet. Lance throws in the mid 70s and Ross in the upper 70s.

If Rice had 4 pitchers throwing over 80 they'd be reserving rooms in Austin.

RiceRaider
03-07-2006, 10:52 PM
Cook hit's 86 consistantly ....Morales about 80-82 consistantly and Ross Loprise...well he has so much gas I don't know what he can throw most I seen from him so far is 82 but, he can get much more to much of a gun a Shortstop not to be able to get more

raider4life
03-08-2006, 12:10 AM
In the past weekend, during our tourney at Rice, Ross hit 82 i think 3 times. Lance hit 84 a few times, and Cook hit 86 about 20 times. We just lost to Halletsville 8 to 4, and are lookin to place in the Shulenburg/Flatonia Tourney again this year. And for all you doubters out there, just keep on doubting us; when you show up for a baseball game during district you'll be suprised. The baseball team is looking for its first EVER playoff appearance and the lady raiders are looking for their 2nd consecutive playoff appearance. If both teams make it then every sport this year would make it to the playoffs and that's another first for us. AND trust me, as a player we aren't worried about all these games and tourneys and crap, we can't wait until the real season starts in a week and a half. We're ready and we're comin, and we aint stoppin. thats all i can say.

hookandladder
03-08-2006, 07:30 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by raider4life
In the past weekend, during our tourney at Rice, Ross hit 82 i think 3 times. Lance hit 84 a few times, and Cook hit 86 about 20 times. We just lost to Halletsville 8 to 4, and are lookin to place in the Shulenburg/Flatonia Tourney again this year. And for all you doubters out there, just keep on doubting us; when you show up for a baseball game during district you'll be suprised. The baseball team is looking for its first EVER playoff appearance and the lady raiders are looking for their 2nd consecutive playoff appearance. If both teams make it then every sport this year would make it to the playoffs and that's another first for us. AND trust me, as a player we aren't worried about all these games and tourneys and crap, we can't wait until the real season starts in a week and a half. We're ready and we're comin, and we aint stoppin. thats all i can say. [/QUOTE

If Ross hit 82 3 times, then he's throwing around the high 70's during a 7 inning game. I've coach Lance he has a good arm,
I would say he will throw in the upper 70's maybe low 80's, but over the course of a game high 70's. I do not know the Cook kid, but if he is throwing as hard as you say, we will all know him by the end of the year. 86mph 20 times that would be pretty impressive.

XMan
03-08-2006, 07:53 AM
I feel that Hallettsville is about the same strength team as Bellville, Navasota, and Sealy with Columbus being somewhat stronger. On the bright side, Rice did play all 7 innings. Like I said at the start of the thread, Rice is much improved.

whtfbplaya
03-08-2006, 11:43 AM
Dang Rice is going deep this year with that kind of pitching, we went 3 rounds deep in the playoffs with 2 pitchers that threw about 72 and 75.

shortbag33
03-08-2006, 12:14 PM
Who do ya'll play in the Schulenburg/Flatonia Tournament?

chugbug
03-08-2006, 02:59 PM
Crow 22 is right. I also saw most of the games and I never saw Ross L., Pops Morales, or Lance Morales hit the 80's. You guys keep on dreaming. You guys need to worry about throwing strikes and not how fast.:eek: :eek: :tongue: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

CheerMom
03-08-2006, 04:55 PM
I was at the game in H'vlle last night. The Raiders looked okay and were up 4-2 until the bottom of the 3rd. That is when our pitching gave up 6 runs. We switched out about 3 more pitchers after that and ended up losing 8-4. The Raiders will be fine once district starts up and they get all the kinks worked out. I think they have a good shot at making the playoffs and will be there to support my team no matter what.

Go Raiders!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Specklebelly
03-08-2006, 08:21 PM
What's with all this focus on the radar gun reading on the scoreboard? Judging from our record, maybe we should quit worrying about how hard we're throwing and start worrying about how many run we are scoring and errors we are committing.

raider4life
03-08-2006, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by shortbag33
Who do ya'll play in the Schulenburg/Flatonia Tournament?

We play Anderson Shilo at 5 p.m. tomorrow in Flatonia. Other teams in our bracket are Flatonia, Yorktown, East Bernard, St. Paul, Louise, and Gonzales.
And like I said, just believe what you want, just wait until district rolls around.

shortbag33
03-09-2006, 08:42 AM
I think that I have heard of Anderson-Shilo. Ya'll should handle them pretty easily they are a weak 1A school. This is traditionally a pretty good tournament. Who do ya'll play after the first round?

UPanIN
03-09-2006, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by shortbag33
I think that I have heard of Anderson-Shilo. Ya'll should handle them pretty easily they are a weak 1A school. This is traditionally a pretty good tournament. Who do ya'll play after the first round?

Anderson-Shilo is about 10 miles from Navasota. They will have a good team for 1A and if you happen to catch the one pitcher I know you might be in trouble.

They have a very good coach that gets everything out of the kids he coaches.

Don't overlook them.

chugbug
03-09-2006, 01:51 PM
Rice has a very good coach in the person of Coach Trixler. They don't come much better than him. His assistant ( Catfish or is it Kingfish) ain't bad neither. However the Coach will not get to swing at one pitch or get to throw one strike. The kids will have to do that.:eek: :eek: :tongue: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

chugbug
03-10-2006, 10:48 AM
Rice beat Anderson-Shiro 5 to 1. Congratulations Raiders:eek: :eek: :tongue: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

UPanIN
03-10-2006, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by chugbug
Rice beat Anderson-Shiro 5 to 1. Congratulations Raiders

Chugbug. Congratulations! You're Raiders didn't let you down.:clap: :clap: :clap:

chugbug
03-10-2006, 11:25 AM
I talked to Catfish this morning and he said that Cook threw a 2 hitter. He also went the distance. I think that the Raiders play Flatonia next. Good Luck Raiders.:eek: :eek: :tongue: :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

RiceRaider
03-10-2006, 05:31 PM
Loprise pitching tonight we're play flatonia .....I know nothing about them are they any good ?

XMan
03-11-2006, 12:33 AM
Good to see the Raiders pounding on these 1a teams. By the way, it is Anderson ShiRo, not ShiLo. Playing those 1a teams are going to really get you ready for the big time. How bout the Raiders play some real competition and then we shall see what happens.

good luck raiders
2006 1a state champs

XMan
03-12-2006, 09:43 AM
how did things go in the tournament? how did the raiders do and who won tourney?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-13-2006, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by XMan
Good to see the Raiders pounding on these 1a teams. By the way, it is Anderson ShiRo, not ShiLo. Playing those 1a teams are going to really get you ready for the big time. How bout the Raiders play some real competition and then we shall see what happens.

good luck raiders
2006 1a state champs

Sounds like the Raiders are playing smaller schools? Bellville and sealy are not winning many games but they are playing 4 and 5a teams, Bellville has played 2a Wiemer beat tham 17-3, Beat 4a Waller 9-0, and run ruled Giddings. The rest has been down hill, but the rest has beed 90% 4a and 5 a teams.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-29-2006, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by RiceRaider
Lol this is hilarious.....You do relize this year Rice has 3 of the best pitchers in our district ? Cook, Morales, and Loprise ?? all pitch about 85 with nasty curve balls Morales a Sr. Loprise a Jr. and Cook a Soph. ( Rice's Quarterback) ...I know no one thinks it's possible since we have never been to playoffs but, with great pitching and good hitters we will get the job done but, everyone here saying rice isn't anything I just want you to remember ....I told ya that Rice would goto the playoffs :eek: .......I mean what other choice is there I don't think anyone will be able to hit off any of our pitchers I mean Cook just got out of basketball ...hasn't even had a pithing practice yet and is throwing 85 consistantly and throwing it where he wants to throw it ....all I know is whoever wants it is going to get it.

Did Rice pitch there #1 vs Bellville? Bellville had over 15 hits, and won the game 13-2 (run rule). If Rice did not pitch there #1, then why didnt they?

clayton7
03-29-2006, 11:19 PM
I think Bellville just dominated them.

raider4life
03-29-2006, 11:26 PM
We threw our #2 pitcher, and we're saving our #1 for navasota cuz win or lose against bellville, navasota is an even more important win. and we beat ourselves that game is what it looks like. we did not come ready to play and it showed on the field. guess we'll just have to wait and see in round 2.

clayton7
03-30-2006, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by raider4life
We threw our #2 pitcher, and we're saving our #1 for navasota cuz win or lose against bellville, navasota is an even more important win. and we beat ourselves that game is what it looks like. we did not come ready to play and it showed on the field. guess we'll just have to wait and see in round 2.

And i guess we will be waiting for that mid-80s fastball too wont we?

scotty
03-30-2006, 12:40 PM
If Cook is Rice's top pitcher, he pitched on Saturday against Sealy and that is why he would not have pitched against Bellville on Tuesday. But I don't know that he is their top pitcher.

clayton7
03-31-2006, 08:20 AM
Thats what I was going to say.

seasick4
03-31-2006, 09:10 AM
AS some of you know it alls all forget sometimes, I would have to say that team over there in Altair is a 2A school playing a tough 3A district schedule...but hell what do I know...I think yall know it all......................NOT!

clayton7
03-31-2006, 04:50 PM
Just because they are 2a doesnt mean they can lie about how fast their pitchers throw.