PDA

View Full Version : 36 years straight district champions

VWG
03-01-2006, 11:56 PM
Reading in the Plainview newspaper about basketball game that Paducah beat Silverton in 1A action. Paducah has won it's district basketball title 36 years in a row.
Dang, can anybody come close to matching that? And... how bad does Paducah's district suck in hoops?
Are they in with Knox City, Crowell....etc... ???

District303aPastPlayer
03-02-2006, 12:01 AM
i always wondered if Paducah was a real place

Adidas410s
03-02-2006, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
i always wondered if Paducah was a real place

it is...I spent many a day there as a child with my dad when he would go to check on his wells he was drilling. That was always my favorite town name.

injuredinmelee
03-02-2006, 01:00 AM
any of you paducah wise folks or Lubbock Sand aggies remember Will Flemons. I had a good friend that played at Guthrie against him. Guthrie had no one even close to stopping him.

TMer25
03-02-2006, 01:23 AM
Flemons was a stud at Tech

LH Panther Mom
03-02-2006, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by VWG
And... how bad does Paducah's district suck in hoops?
Are they in with Knox City, Crowell....etc... ???
Afton Patton Springs, Benjamin, Crowell, Guthrie, Motley County & Vernon Northside.

Originally posted by injuredinmelee
any of you paducah wise folks or Lubbock Sand aggies remember Will Flemons. I had a good friend that played at Guthrie against him. Guthrie had no one even close to stopping him.
I remember him, not so much from what he did at Tech (he was a STUD), but from my dad talking about him. Apparently he wasn't the sharpest kid in the classroom (at least at Paducah) and my dad couldn't understand how the heck he could make it at Tech.

STANG RED
03-02-2006, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Apparently he wasn't the sharpest kid in the classroom (at least at Paducah) and my dad couldn't understand how the heck he could make it at Tech.

There was a time when Tech's only requirement was, that you were a warm blooded mammal.
Do any of you remember James Hadnott? I seriously doubt he could read and write his own name. He was even in the running for the heisman his senior year, if I remember correctly.