PDA

View Full Version : sentence for kinne's shooter

lostaussie
03-01-2006, 08:23 PM
Sentence just came down . Robertson was sentenced to the maximum sentence . 20 years on the aggravated assault charge and 10 years on the federal charge of bringing a weapon onto school property .

GetRDoneStangs
03-01-2006, 08:26 PM
lock him up and throw away the key

LH Panther Mom
03-01-2006, 08:39 PM
Concurrent or consecutive?

lostaussie
03-01-2006, 10:12 PM
more than likely concurrent but i don't know that.

SWMustang
03-01-2006, 10:22 PM
I'm always amazed when someone in there late 30's to 40's ( I think that's his age range) commits a crime like this. Wouldn't you think he would have done something like this a long time ago? He was able to contain his rage in the teens and 20's but flipped out now? It just seems bizarre.

lepfan
03-01-2006, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
I'm always amazed when someone in there late 30's to 40's ( I think that's his age range) commits a crime like this. Wouldn't you think he would have done something like this a long time ago? He was able to contain his rage in the teens and 20's but flipped out now? It just seems bizarre. Some people wack out over their kids.

Phantom Stang
03-01-2006, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Concurrent or consecutive?
Looks like they're concurrent......

==============================
Robertson gets 20 years for shooting Canton High coach
CANTON, Texas (AP) - The man convicted of shooting Canton football coach Gary Joe Kinne (KIN'-ee) has been sentenced today to the maximum 20 years in prison. A Van Zandt County jury on Monday convicted Jeff Doyal Robertson of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. Robertson earlier pleaded guilty to possession of a firearm on the school grounds. He was sentenced to ten years on that count. The prison terms will be served concurrently. Prosecutors say Robertson shot Kinne last April while on campus. Kinne was critically hurt, but has recovered and is now on the coaching staff of Baylor University. Robertson's son played on Canton's freshmen football team. --- Information from staffs of KYTX-TV & KETK-TV: www.cbs19.tv & www.nbc56.com (Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Link (wbap.com/listingsEntry.asp?ID=415998&PT=News+Center+820)

injuredinmelee
03-02-2006, 12:32 AM
and some of yall were worried about probation or one or two years.

LH Panther Mom
03-02-2006, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Well, he may have been sentenced the max, but most likely will not serve the full term. He'll probably be eligible for parole in 5-7 years. :mad:

olddawggreen
03-02-2006, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Well, he may have been sentenced the max, but most likely will not serve the full term. He'll probably be eligible for parole in 5-7 years. :mad:

And in 5 years when he gets out, he will still be the ignorant A$$ that he was when he went in. Meanwhile, the coach will have to live with health problems the rest of his life. That just sux. :mad: :mad: :mad:

AP Panther Fan
03-02-2006, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

I was one of them, guess I should have read the other thread more closely. I am relieved to hear that the punishment better fits the crime.

chugbug
03-02-2006, 11:22 AM
I do not think that 20 years is enough. Coach Kinne will suffer for the rest of his life. They should take out most of his liver and see how he likes it. Our system sux.:eek: :eek: :tongue: :flamingma :flamingma :flamingma

AggieJohn
03-02-2006, 11:36 AM
they showed clips on espn news

Stretch04
03-02-2006, 11:40 AM
Lets just hope he is sodomized several times daily and get the crud beat out of him. At least he will get thrown into a maximum security lockdown with with some really bad dudes.

I wish the Kinnes well and hope they are able to put as much of this as possible behind them now.

District303aPastPlayer
03-02-2006, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Stretch04
Lets just hope he is sodomized several times daily and get the crud beat out of him. At least he will get thrown into a maximum security lockdown with with some really bad dudes.

I wish the Kinnes well and hope they are able to put as much of this as possible behind them now.

wonder how many die hard football fans that will be there locked up with him. and when they find out what he did, what they will do to him