PDA

View Full Version : Pick Team USA

kepdawg
03-01-2006, 04:47 PM
Team USA (http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/ballot?event_id=2047)

Which 12 would you like to see representing the USA?

Carmelo Anthony
Gilbert Arenas
Shane Battier
Chauncey Billups
Chris Bosh
Bruce Bowen
Elton Brand
Kobe Bryant
Dwight Howard
Josh Howard
LeBron James
Antawn Jamison
Joe Johnson
Rashard Lewis
Shawn Marion
Brad Miller
Adam Morrison
Greg Oden
Chris Paul
Paul Pierce
Michael Redd
J.J. Redick
Luke Ridnour
Amare Stoudemire
Dwyane Wade

big daddy russ
03-01-2006, 05:20 PM
STARTERS
PG: ALLEN IVERSON (he WANTED to play)
G: Kobe
SF: Bruce Bowen
PF: Elton Brand
C: Amare Stoudemire
-----------------------------------------------

BACKUPS
PG:
Billups
Paul

G/F:
LeBron
Battier
Anthony

F/C:
Bosh
Dwight Howard
----------------------------------------------

Wade's a bad man. So are Arenas, Marion and Pierce. But I want people on my team who have that fire. We've had our butts handed to us the last two times we've competed.

Iverson's not a true point and Kobe's not the best team player in the world, and all Bowen can do is shoot and play defense. But they all hate to see their teams lose more than anything and every single one of them will take charge if that team starts goofing off.

When Brand decides he's gonna go soft again (and he will), Kobe will be in his face. If Amare doesn't hustle for a loose ball, he'll have 69" of mad black man in his face. Iverson's one of my favorite players because he doesn't give a damn who he pisses off as long as he wins.

The perfect balance of skill, toughness (Anthony, Brand, Iverson, Kobe, Billups, Battier, Bowen), defense (Kobe, Amare, Battier, Billups, Bowen), zone killers (Kobe, Billups, Battier, Bowen), and passion (AI, Kobe, Bowen, Billups, Anthony).

We have to have four posts, no matter what. Wish I could throw Joe Johnson, Dwayne Wade, or Paul Pierce in with this group, but I can't for that reason.

I've never been a big fan of Brad Miller's game. A great fit for the Kings, but not tough enough to be a real center. Only reason gets rebounds is because of how good Sacramento (and Indiana) is/was at spacing the floor. Great hands, great passer, great touch, not much help on D. Only problem: we have plenty of offense.

So I passed him up for a 20-year old.

Chief Ohera
03-01-2006, 08:00 PM
Center- Amare S.
Power F- Chris Bosh
three guard- Shawn Marion
two guard- Mike Redd
Point guard- Chauncey Billups

now these boys would play some team ball, you have no show boats and no me first attitudes with this starting five.

and brothers give mike redd some time and a good team with a power center that draws constant double teams and you will find one heck of a champion, this guy is so underrated and in my opinion he is the best "pure" shooter in the game with the quickest release point, although ray allen is right up there,
anyways brothers that all i have for right now, so stay tuned for whatever else i have to say,
until next time.............................

lostaussie
03-01-2006, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Chief Ohera
so stay tuned for whatever else i have to say
i'm on pins and needles. can you please inject us with some more of your vast knowledge.

eagles_victory
03-01-2006, 11:03 PM
PG Billups
Sg Kobe
Sf Lebron
Pf Elton Brand
C Amare Stoudamire (if healthy)

Subs
Josh Howard, Chris Bosh, JJ Redick, Gilbert Arenas, Dewayne Wade, Shawn Marion, Chris Paul