CHS_CG
03-01-2006, 03:41 PM
thats not a shock

smustangs
03-01-2006, 03:42 PM
they dont know what their missing

mrescape43
03-01-2006, 03:44 PM
I spent most of last season just logging on to read threads and didn't even register to post until a year later. I just enjoyed reading most of the posts.

lostaussie
03-01-2006, 04:01 PM
i read this board for at least a year before i ever registered.

District303aPastPlayer
03-01-2006, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
i read this board for at least a year before i ever registered.

the caller times forums got boring, and i came here... took me one day to register and start posting

CHS_CG
03-01-2006, 04:03 PM
I read for about a month b4 I started posting..

PurpleFreddy
03-01-2006, 04:06 PM
So what have you been doing lately?

mrescape43
03-01-2006, 04:08 PM
If I hadn't wasted the year, I would be much closer to the magic number of 1500.

Maroon87
03-01-2006, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
the caller times forums got boring, and i came here... took me one day to register and start posting

Those forums just die after football is over, and they won't get going again until July. I'm surprised they don't have one on C-T just for baseball since there are so many strong teams down there.

I found my way here from the 4A site...I like it cuz there are a lot of South Texas folks here.:cool:

District303aPastPlayer
03-01-2006, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Those forums just die after football is over, and they won't get going again until July. I'm surprised they don't have one on C-T just for baseball since there are so many strong teams down there.

I found my way here from the 4A site...I like it cuz there are a lot of South Texas folks here.:cool:

its just mainly us sinton folks with a few of the AP/Ingleside posters thrown in for good measure

big daddy russ
03-01-2006, 04:19 PM
I'm too opinionated, impatient, and too much of a loudmouth. I definitely don't have the restraint of aussie or escape... for better or for worse. ;)

I found this site in late July '02, but couldn't get back after that first visit. Couldn't find it on google, couldn't remember the web address, nothing. Found it again in September, but couldn't remember my screen name or password, so I just re-registered. Nobody's been able to shut me up since.:D

big daddy russ
03-01-2006, 04:20 PM
its just mainly us sinton folks with a few of the AP/Ingleside posters thrown in for good measure
That first year there were quite a few Mathis posters on here, too. I think there were only two Ingleside posters (Doon and me) and one AP poster back then (their senior TE that year).

District303aPastPlayer
03-01-2006, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
That first year there were quite a few Mathis posters on here, too. I think there were only two Ingleside posters (Doon and me) and one AP poster back then (their senior TE that year).

Mike Check hasnt been around for a while. He was one of the Mathis guys i met... nice guy.

LH Panther Mom
03-01-2006, 04:22 PM
Confessions of the Downlow junkies. :D

I started reading mid-October '02, just so I find out all the awful things those Burnet folks were saying about us. :D Didn't register until after Christmas, then didn't post until the following October. :doh:

sinfan75
03-01-2006, 05:51 PM
Gee when I come on here the Matthew, Gobbla, Bearcat1 and Jacket44 were moderators. weren't hardly anyone on here. found this site through the Pig

lostaussie
03-01-2006, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I'm too opinionated, impatient, and too much of a loudmouth. I definitely don't have the restraint of aussie or escape... for better or for worse. ;)
that's funny you say that. i found the site in 03' when i thought we were gonna win it all. that was the year atlanta handed our hats to us. kept on reading and finally signed up after we had won the trophy in 04'. in hindsight i wish i had registered while we were on our champ run to talk a little smack. but oh well. i'm here now and i'm glad. i get up every morning early just to check the dlow.

mustang04
03-01-2006, 07:41 PM
i remember when i joined 3 and a half years ago....but i had visited this site for like 4 months before i joined

MHSvarsity2007
03-01-2006, 07:42 PM
i read for a few days...last year i didn't spend much time (if any) during the offseason...hah now you guys can't get rid of me :D

Ranger Mom
03-01-2006, 08:53 PM
Some of yalls restraint amazes me. I stumbled on the site, signed up 5 minutes later, registration was instantaneous, made my first post immediately and have NEVER looked back!!!:D

olddawggreen
03-02-2006, 08:25 AM
I started posting about a year before I started reading.:eek:

AP Panther Fan
03-02-2006, 09:36 AM

I found this site by reading the Caller Times forum as well. One of their posters was bashing the downlow, so of course, I had to check it out.

When I started reading it, I saw some posts about my son and some mis-information about Aransas Pass....so naturally my fingers went into high gear signing up. Now I just tell jokes.:nerd: :D

Fish's mom
03-02-2006, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Some of yalls restraint amazes me. I stumbled on the site, signed up 5 minutes later, registration was instantaneous, made my first post immediately and have NEVER looked back!!!:D

Ditto for me I don't have as much time to post but registered as fast as my computer let me.

Eagle6Man
03-02-2006, 09:01 PM

Wow, it didn't take you long to sign up!

lostaussie
03-02-2006, 09:10 PM
Some of yalls restraint amazes me. I stumbled on the site, signed up 5 minutes later, registration was instantaneous, made my first post immediately and have NEVER looked back!!!:D i like to know what kind of folks i'm dealing with. and for the most part i thought you guys and girls were my kinda people. man, i'm glad o'hera wasn't signed on at the time:D

sinton66
03-02-2006, 09:27 PM
The Downlow does seem to attract and hold good people. I found the site in '01 and was hooked immediately. I can't even imagine going back to the pig.:D

Some of the 486 are probably alter-egos of people we know well.;)