PDA

View Full Version : Frenship Tourney Starts Tomorrow

football4life
03-01-2006, 12:56 PM
The Frenship Tourney starts tomorrow, all over lubbock. There are 16 teams this year, 4 pools of 4. Should be some great competition. Here are the teams and pools:

Pool 1
Frenship
Borger
Brownfield
Hereford

Pool2
River Road
Lubbock High
Plainview
Snyder

Pool 3
Lubb. Christian High School
Lake View
Levelland
Perryton

Pool 4
Canyon
Lubb. Cooper
Dumas
Midland Christian High School

Snyder_TigerFan
03-01-2006, 04:49 PM
Yep, I'm looking forward to seeing how Snyder is going to do. They started out the year a little slow, but have picked it up a bit.

GWOOD
03-01-2006, 04:55 PM
Wow you guys (Canyon) are in the toughest pool, assuming Lubbock Cooper is coming back this year with something. I have not seen Midland Christian play this year but I hear they are stout. They went 4-0 in a tournament in San Antonio this past weekend but I don't who the competition was.

football4life
03-01-2006, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by GWOOD
Wow you guys (Canyon) are in the toughest pool, assuming Lubbock Cooper is coming back this year with something. I have not seen Midland Christian play this year but I hear they are stout. They went 4-0 in a tournament in San Antonio this past weekend but I don't who the competition was.

Oh wow, i wondered as to what MCHS would have. Sounds like they will be pretty tough. I think cooper might be rebuilding, they lost to Plainview yesterday, 5-4, but you can't ever tell just by common opponents. Dumas isn't usually very good, so it should come down to the MCHS game for us, if we play like we should.

Snyder_TigerFan
03-03-2006, 01:58 PM
Snyder defeated Plainview 12-1 and Amarillo River Road 13-1. They will play Lubbock High this afternoon. Anyone else have any results from this tournament?

football4life
03-04-2006, 07:05 PM
we didn't fare too well. We came out extremely flat on thursday, and lost to a very young cooper team after we committed 6-8 errors. We beat dumas, and lost to Midland christian, who is VERY good. Today we beat river road. Long weekend, driving back and forth every day to lubbock can take a toll. Especially those early morning games. I'm ready for the snyder tourney next weekend, get to stay in a hotel, at least.

Snyder_TigerFan
03-04-2006, 11:23 PM
Snyder beat Lubbock High 12-2. They were scheduled to play Midland Christan this morning, but I haven't found a score yet. Anyone know?

DaHop72
03-04-2006, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Snyder beat Lubbock High 12-2. They were scheduled to play Midland Christan this morning, but I haven't found a score yet. Anyone know? Tigers lost to Midland Christian, think they were playing Friendship next.

Snyder_TigerFan
03-05-2006, 11:13 AM
Looks like Lubbock Cooper beat Frenship, 12-1 to take first place. Snyder defeated Lubbock High, 13-12 to win 3rd place. Congrats Tigers. Cooper sounds like they have a good team this year.

mrescape43
03-05-2006, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Looks like Lubbock Cooper beat Frenship, 12-1 to take first place. Snyder defeated Lubbock High, 13-12 to win 3rd place. Congrats Tigers. Cooper sounds like they have a good team this year.

How did Midland Christian finish?

Snyder_TigerFan
03-05-2006, 11:39 AM
Scratch the first place results! I just realized I was looking at 2005's results on lubbockonline.com. (Their website sucks!) Snyder did win 3rd over Lubbock High. Not sure about 1st and 2nd place.

GWOOD
03-05-2006, 05:31 PM
midland christian beat Frenship 3-1 in the championship game. MCHS is something like 8-0 and have won two tournaments.

SpreadtheRed
03-06-2006, 02:46 AM
Snyder defeated Lubbock Christian not Lubbock High. Lubbock Christian was winning 10-1 goin into the 6th and their coach put in the scrubs and they ended up chokin off the game. After the game that coach was letting the guys that lost the game have it.