PDA

View Full Version : Jackson to Old High thread a HOAX!

GreenMonster
03-01-2006, 12:20 AM
Yep, you read that right. It was a totally fabricated "RUMOR", completely an imaginary scenario that I dreamed up to spark some discussion on the Downlow. I figured it would be good but it turned out better than that, it was GREAT! It came to me Sunday while remembering that each of the past 2 Old High head coaches were Jackson disciples. He gave each of them their first jobs in the world of HS football. They each ran a variation of his offense and the transition would be a smooth on if indeed he were to come to town. WFHS has one of the most storied histories in all of Texas HS football and it was once a very coveted job. Anyways, hope you all enjoyed and I certainly hope that no one is offended by this fabrication. :p

Eagle6Man
03-01-2006, 12:24 AM
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

GreenMonster
03-01-2006, 12:30 AM
What are you thinking about Eagle6man?

Eagle6Man
03-01-2006, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
What are you thinking about Eagle6man?

Well, no offense Mr. Monster, just wondering how long that chain was.....looks like the folks went several miles before you yanked it.

injuredinmelee
03-01-2006, 12:52 AM
And that folks is why GM will live in infamy. No one does it like the IP boys do it.

GreenMonster
03-01-2006, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
And that folks is why GM will live in infamy. No one does it like the IP boys do it.

It's a committment thing. :D Besides, with all the Sweetwater posters on here talking smack it's good to keep 'em on their toes. I am expecting mounds of hate mail over this one! :cool:

Eagle6Man
03-01-2006, 01:00 AM
OK, now I gotta ask. Did your team play Sweetwater? Is that a pretty good rivalry up there?

GreenMonster
03-01-2006, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by Eagle6Man
OK, now I gotta ask. Did your team play Sweetwater? Is that a pretty good rivalry up there?

Sweetwater knocked IP out of the play-offs in the Regional Semis. This thread was not retaliation for that loss though. It has more to do with simply watching the wasp nest stir. Some may call it mean spirited but I'd rather call it harmless fun that sparked a good discussion amongst friends.

SWMustang
03-01-2006, 01:18 AM
Sweetwater knocked IP out of the play-offs in the Regional Semis. This thread was not retaliation for that loss though. It has more to do with simply watching the wasp nest stir. Some may call it mean spirited but I'd rather call it harmless fun that sparked a good discussion amongst friends.

I hate you Green monstah!!! No not really... I hijacked the thread and turned it into "why leave your school now" debate and riled up Rm and Gobbla 2001. I turned the tables - like a secret double agent..

GreenMonster
03-01-2006, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by SWMustang
I hate you Green monstah!!! No not really... I hijacked the thread and turned it into "why leave your school now" debate and riled up Rm and Gobbla 2001. I turned the tables - like a secret double agent..

It did give us 3 days of entertainment. I should have let it go longer but I couldn't hold it in any longer, I've been about to burst since noon Monday!

mustang04
03-01-2006, 01:41 AM
but seriously...i had several posts on that thread, and i have one question....how much of that thread was actually about the intended topic??? like 2% haha:D

SWMustang
03-01-2006, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by mustang04
but seriously...i had several posts on that thread, and i have one question....how much of that thread was actually about the intended topic??? like 2% haha:D

Well damn '04 - you just kept giving those nice, considerate, friendly Snyder folks such a hard time that the thread got a little off topic.

mustang04
03-01-2006, 02:02 AM
Well damn '04 - you just kept giving those nice, considerate, friendly Snyder folks such a hard time that the thread got a little off topic.

what can i say..i do what i can!! haha

its not ALL snyder posters....just mostly blackie, he loves to bve a douche and he knows everyone hates it...he was one of those kinda guys in highschool that prolly annoyed EVERYONE hahaha:devil:

Eagle6Man
03-01-2006, 02:06 AM
I really should go to bed.

hawkfan
03-01-2006, 09:44 AM
Yep, you read that right. It was a totally fabricated "RUMOR", completely an imaginary scenario that I dreamed up to spark some discussion on the Downlow. I figured it would be good but it turned out better than that, it was GREAT! It came to me Sunday while remembering that each of the past 2 Old High head coaches were Jackson disciples. He gave each of them their first jobs in the world of HS football. They each ran a variation of his offense and the transition would be a smooth on if indeed he were to come to town. WFHS has one of the most storied histories in all of Texas HS football and it was once a very coveted job. Anyways, hope you all enjoyed and I certainly hope that no one is offended by this fabrication. :p

To bad it could not be true. I think He could be a great addition there

Snyder_TigerFan
03-01-2006, 09:58 AM
Nice! Way to stir things up. :)

Black_Magic
03-01-2006, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by mustang04
what can i say..i do what i can!! haha

its not ALL snyder posters....just mostly blackie, he loves to bve a douche and he knows everyone hates it...he was one of those kinda guys in highschool that prolly annoyed EVERYONE hahaha:devil: Mostly other teams other teams.. I Kept that trait though college and so ON..:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Everyone nobodys Completely Perfect.:rolleyes:

Bullaholic
03-01-2006, 10:12 AM
So, where are you moving to, GM--I know Sweetwater won't be on the list. I hope they pick a good "assumed" identity for you. Good Luck in your "new" life. :D

STANG RED
03-01-2006, 11:32 AM

I have to admit, that was a good one GM. And it did at least give us something to talk about for a couple of days.However, it didnt come without a price. We will all now look at any future thread from you, with a :thinking: hmmmmmmmmmm, wondering if your up to an old trick. Remember the boy who cried wolf?
You may have a hard time selling a serious statement now.:)

sww-bull52
03-01-2006, 11:54 AM
Great job GM. Keeping everyone on their toes during the offseason is a great idea. Now we just need a thread about something like all of Snyders starters are failing but the head coach is keeping it a secret because he really wants to go coach girls softball in Merkel. (J/K)

GreenMonster
03-01-2006, 05:43 PM
ttt

DaHop72
03-01-2006, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by sww-bull52
Great job GM. Keeping everyone on their toes during the offseason is a great idea. Now we just need a thread about something like all of Snyders starters are failing but the head coach is keeping it a secret because he really wants to go coach girls softball in Merkel. (J/K) How did you find that out Bull???:devil: :devil:

SWMustang
03-01-2006, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
So, where are you moving to, GM--I know Sweetwater won't be on the list. I hope they pick a good "assumed" identity for you. Good Luck in your "new" life. :D

I hope your version of "Satanic Verses" was worth it. There was rioting in the streets and we burned down city hall. Not really sure why we burned down our own city hall, but the mullah's told us it was a good idea. Everyone pitched in for the bounty on your head - it's up to about 27 dollars right now. Good luck!

Ranger Mom
03-01-2006, 09:57 PM

WOW!! If you think THAT was riled up, you aint seen NOTHIN YET!!:devil: :devil: :devil:

SWMustang
03-01-2006, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
WOW!! If you think THAT was riled up, you aint seen NOTHIN YET!!:devil: :devil: :devil:
moderately ruffled

Ranger Mom
03-01-2006, 10:13 PM
moderately ruffled

Not really, I was just confused and trying to figure out why you felt the way you felt about the subject!

But I do have a question....if I wan't a moderator, would I have just been "plain ole ruffled" instead of "moderately ruffled"??:D

SWMustang
03-01-2006, 10:16 PM
Not really, I was just confused and trying to figure out why you felt the way you felt about the subject!

But I do have a question....if I wan't a moderator, would I have just been "plain ole ruffled" instead of "moderately ruffled"??:D

:) :)

DaHop72
03-01-2006, 10:17 PM

But I do have a question....if I wan't a moderator, would I have just been "plain ole ruffled" instead of "moderately ruffled"??:D I bet when you were a little girl, you were cute in "ruffles".:D

Ranger Mom
03-01-2006, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
I bet when you were a little girl, you were cute in "ruffles".:D

LOL!! I was a tomboy!