PDA

View Full Version : UIL next year 3A

CowboyFan
11-11-2003, 03:10 PM
I just was wondering if anyone else had heard anything? At this point I know its still mostly rumors fling around, what I heard was that next year 3A will be 450-950!

Rabdad
11-11-2003, 03:31 PM
Hope so!!!
Forney is 938

kaorder1999
11-11-2003, 03:31 PM
if thats true then Forney stays 3A..i think they turned in 930-something

JasperDog94
11-11-2003, 04:07 PM
Nobody really knows right now.

agrabfan
11-11-2003, 04:35 PM
You can speculate all day, but no one ( except the UIL ) will know until Feb. 2. Any "rumor" is
just a guess.

heck
11-11-2003, 05:01 PM
If you believe those numbers, then you have to believe that the number of 3-A teams next realignment will drop significantly. Which also means that the travel will increase and you could see some 3-A teams in west Texas & the Panhandle traveling 5 hours.

I think the numbers won't change much if any. But if they do, I would expect to see the bottom go down slightly in order to keep some teams from dropping.

Just my 2 cents worth...

vet93
11-11-2003, 05:06 PM
Heck...I tend to agree with you. I don' think that the numbers will change as much as some think. Granted...I think that there will be a concerted effort to decrease the disparity in 3A but I don' think that it will be as earth shaking as some would believe. The only monkey wrench would be if they for some reason they wanted to try the 6a system, then the numbers would be anyone's guess.

heck:
If you believe those numbers, then you have to believe that the number of 3-A teams next realignment will drop significantly. Which also means that the travel will increase and you could see some 3-A teams in west Texas & the Panhandle traveling 5 hours.

I think the numbers won't change much if any. But if they do, I would expect to see the bottom go down slightly in order to keep some teams from dropping.

Just my 2 cents worth...

3afan
11-11-2003, 05:41 PM
JasperDog94:
Nobody really knows right now.true ... but speculation abounds !!!! it all comes down to - ultimately - on the 4A/5A #s

crabman
11-11-2003, 09:53 PM
Why does everyone try to figure out "the number" when there is not a "number". There are somewhere around 1200 high schools in Texas playing football. The UIL puts them in numerical order from biggest to smallest, top to bottom. About 220 go into each classification. There is no "number" above or below which a classification lands. It is just what is necessary to keep all of the classifications about equal. Some are +/- the 220 mark but this is done in the interest of keeping the regions and districts somewhat sane. To say that the break will be 450 on the bottom next year is based on absolutely nothing at this point. It is not even an educated guess. The number is probably moving up but by how much? Pure speculation.

3afan
11-11-2003, 09:57 PM
crabman:
Why does everyone try to figure out "the number" when there is not a "number". There are somewhere around 1200 high schools in Texas playing football. The UIL puts them in numerical order from biggest to smallest, top to bottom. About 220 go into each classification. There is no "number" above or below which a classification lands. It is just what is necessary to keep all of the classifications about equal. Some are +/- the 220 mark but this is done in the interest of keeping the regions and districts somewhat sane. To say that the break will be 450 on the bottom next year is based on absolutely nothing at this point. It is not even an educated guess. The number is probably moving up but by how much? Pure speculation.thanks - i've been trying to spread that message .....

vet93
11-12-2003, 09:57 AM
Guys, I think most people know the basic framework of the process. Speculating where the numbers will fall is like speculating on who is going to win the state championship. Nobody knows who is going to win the show, but there is nothing wrong with speculating as to who you think can...that is part of the fun of following athletics. There has been some talk by some UIL officials that they would like to give 3a some relief in the numbers gap. To do that they will likely have to increase the total number of 4a-5a schools in order to generate numbers that might be a little more equitable. I still think that things won't change dramatically though. I would speculate that the major impact on 3a would be the top number and not the bottom.

3afan
11-12-2003, 11:59 AM
it does make Feb. whatever-the-date-is one of the most, if not the most, highly anticipated UIL related days of the year ....

CowboyFan
11-12-2003, 12:26 PM
I know that its all speculation and how the system works. I was just wondering if anyone had heard some figures for what the size range may possible be I'm not bankin anything on those numbers they are rumors just wanted to know if anyone had heard nething, just from my limited experience the rumors tend to sometimes lead to truth...

txrangers
11-12-2003, 12:30 PM
Medina Valley turned in 927, but we think we will still be 4-AAAA.

Crow22
11-12-2003, 12:43 PM
txrangers-

Medina Valley isn't in 4-AAAA. They're in 27-AAAA.

Just thought I'd let you in on that.

BigRedfan
11-12-2003, 12:49 PM
Who is crying about the numbers especially in 3a? Is it the schools that fail to compete in their districts year in and year out? Could it be that they would not have the athletes no matter what classification they were? Do not want to start anything just asking a few questions.

<small>[ November 12, 2003, 11:50 AM: Message edited by: BigRedfan ]</small>

CowboyFan
11-12-2003, 12:55 PM
naw the only reason i said nething was because if the break up was to change so that most 3A would fall with in those numbers some schools might be on the boarder of going either way! I know its all speculation at this point!! But I think Rice and some others would be on that boarder...

txrangers
11-12-2003, 01:36 PM
Thanks for bringing back the nightmares, Crowe22.

What is incredible is that SA McCollum is in the playoffs at 2-8.

My prediction concerning the 3 A numbers:

451-925!