PDA

View Full Version : gilmer buckeye junior, Curtis Brown commits.........

lostaussie
02-28-2006, 05:02 PM
to The University of Texas. not my favorite school, but kudos to Curtis. he will make the longhorns one heck of a player. and best of all, we've got him for one more year.

lostaussie
02-28-2006, 05:05 PM
GILMER'S CURTIS BROWN COMMITS TO TEXAS...

6-1, 175 wide receiver, projected to play cornerback in college...

headlines from smoaky.com

injuredinmelee
02-28-2006, 05:14 PM
Good Choice young man. HOOK EM!!!

Eagle6Man
02-28-2006, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
to The University of Texas. not my favorite school, but kudos to Curtis. he will make the longhorns one heck of a player. and best of all, we've got him for one more year.

Aussie, congrats to the kid, but I'm a little disappointed you didn't tell him about aTm more...:D

Aesculus gilmus
02-28-2006, 06:00 PM
What have you got against UT? Would you rather he had gone to OU?

In the interest of full disclosure, I am an alumnus of UT. I am very proud of Curtis for having made this commitment. Kudos to Mack Brown also for not having neglected the Buckeyes as it is alleged he did with a previous superstar from the 2002-2004 era.

I am a little puzzled as to why CB has been projected to play cornerback. He played defense his sophomore year, but had virtually no playing time with the D last season.

He is a gamebreaker on offense. He made some unbelieveable long TD runs last season. The one to start the second half against Piine Tree was one of the most incredible plays I've ever seen.

But then I also wondered last year why OU wouldn't give Manuel Johnson a shot at QB when their first two guys were struggling. I still don't know if Bomar will ever "get it done" for the Sooners, not that I really care outside of the fact I'd like to see MJ get a lot of receptions.

Eagle6Man
02-28-2006, 06:10 PM

Actually, I was kidding with Aussie. I wish the kid well.

Chief Ohera
02-28-2006, 06:19 PM
bad choice of schools, watch out for the hippies,
anyways good luck to him and his off-season b/c the off-season is what seperates the good from the great,\

until next time.............

Eagle6Man
02-28-2006, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Chief Ohera
bad choice of schools, watch out for the hippies,
anyways good luck to him and his off-season b/c the off-season is what seperates the good from the great,\

until next time.............

Chief, I know you say the things you do to incite a riot, but there is alot more to UT than just hippies. By the way, hippies is so 60'ish. Can't you find a more up to date word?

I bet if the truth were really known, you are a UT graduate and you are here to just try to get a rise out of people.

Aesculus gilmus
02-28-2006, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Eagle6Man
Actually, I was kidding with Aussie. I wish the kid well.

I should have made it clear I was responding to his post as well.

As for the Aggies, I just don't even factor them into the equation anymore. I don't know if it's the coach, the location of the campus out in the middle of nowhere or what, but I can't see aTm getting its "mojo" back anytime soon.

Don't get me wrong. TAMU is a great university, just as UT is. A man from this area named Rob Childress was hired last summer to be the Aggies' baseball coach. I wish Aggies well every week but one.

etbu
02-28-2006, 07:31 PM
" I still don't know if Bomar will ever "get it done" for the Sooners, not that I really care outside of the fact I'd like to see MJ get a lot of receptions".

Bomar and Ou deserve each other. :D

lostaussie
02-28-2006, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
In the interest of full disclosure, I am an alumnus of UT. I am very proud of Curtis for having made this commitment. IN THE INTEREST OF FULL DISCLOSURE I AM AN AGGIE FAN. like you said, kudos to Curtis for his accomplishments. i will pull for him just like i do MJ. that doesn't make me a sooner fan and it dang sure doesn't make me a UT fan. ya'll got a good one. but you pull for your team and i'll pull for mine.

lostaussie
02-28-2006, 09:09 PM
Rivals.com

Gilmer star Curtis Brown became the Longhorns' ninth verbal pledge on Tuesday.
Less than 48 hours after the Longhorns extended Brown his offer, the 6-foot, 174-pound two-way star decided to not waste any more time in the recruiting process and verbally committed to the Longhorns.

"I can't stop smiling," Brown said moments after his decision.

After receiving eight verbal pledges over the weekend, Brown's commitment gives the Longhorns nine total commitments for the Class of 2007, but his addition to the group is a big one. In addition to being rated by Rivals.com as one of the nation's top 100 junior prospects, Brown is ranked No. 6 in the most recent Lone Star Recruiting rankings.

Although he posted nearly 2,000 all-purpose yards for Gilmer as a running back/receiver in 2005, Brown is expected to play cornerback for the Longhorns when he arrives in the summer of 2007.