PDA

View Full Version : TexasHSFootball.com's Team Texas 3A RB of the Year. . .

District303aPastPlayer
02-28-2006, 11:23 AM
The 2005 Billy Sims award goes to

Sam Graves, RB, Monohans HS

Congrats to Sam and the Monohans Community :)

District303aPastPlayer
02-28-2006, 01:33 PM
the remained of the list should be out tonight :)

HighSchool Fan
02-28-2006, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
the remained of the list should be out tonight :)

remainder??

District303aPastPlayer
02-28-2006, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
remainder??

the team texas, individual class awards should be out.

class 5A, every award
4A and so on. . .

STANG RED
02-28-2006, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
The 2005 Billy Sims award goes to

Sam Graves, RB, Monohans HS

Congrats to Sam and the Monohans Community :)

I dont want to rag on this kid at all, because he was obviously very good. But, I saw him play twice, and I did see some others that were better. He had some highly inflated numbers due to playing against some awful weak teams during their regular season. He didnt fare nearly as well against tougher competition in the playoffs.

mustang04
02-28-2006, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I dont want to rag on this kid at all, because he was obviously very good. But, I saw him play twice, and I did see some others that were better. He had some highly inflated numbers due to playing against some awful weak teams during their regular season. He didnt fare nearly as well against tougher competition in the playoffs.

very VERY true

that kid from bridgeport was better

panther_101
02-28-2006, 05:38 PM
You guys didnt stop him, he didnt carry the ball much against you guys or else he would have 200 yards!!

Bridgeport- over 200 yds
Snyder over 150
Greenwood- over 200 and 5 touchdowns
I can go on and on, congratulate the kid and dont hate....

STANG RED
02-28-2006, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by panther_101
You guys didnt stop him, he didnt carry the ball much against you guys or else he would have 200 yards!!

Bridgeport- over 200 yds
Snyder over 150
Greenwood- over 200 and 5 touchdowns
I can go on and on, congratulate the kid and dont hate....

Nobody's hating! All I'm saying was, he isnt the best, but he was very good. And yes, he was pretty well stopped against Sweetwater. I think he got loose on one play. He didnt carry the ball much, because he got stuffed on most of the plays he did carry. The other back did more damage than he did.

:thinking: Did you play for one of those real weak teams he burned for a bundle? I'm guessing Ft. Stockton. Yea, yall probably made him look like Earl Campbell. You cant judge his talent by yalls lack of it.:rolleyes:

Mustangpride09
02-28-2006, 07:44 PM
You have GOT to be kidding me....

TheDOCTORdre
02-28-2006, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by panther_101

you know I was very disappointed with monohans coaching when they played sweetwater, because I was at the game and I was suprised that they didnt run him more against us

lobo12
02-28-2006, 10:31 PM
now im from monahans and ill have to be honest, he is a great back and deserves everthing he gets, with that being said bridgeports defense wasnt that good and i dont think he put up as much against snyder and sweetwater, the big play was the one the other back broke.....but he still did good in those two games......now in my opinion i think he deserves this award as much as anybody.....the bridgeport back was the best that i have seen all year and in a while and he would have got my vote....with that being said graves still deserves this because he has proved himself as well, there are plenty of backs you can consider but you can only pick one and either of the two would be deserving and there are probably more

District303aPastPlayer
02-28-2006, 10:56 PM
if ya dont like the selection and/or the list, create your own credible website, spend 3 months going over stats, footage and reports, and then create your own list. :)

District303aPastPlayer
02-28-2006, 10:59 PM
by the way. . . there will be a second winner... as in co-winners... so dont everyone jump the gun.

the list is to come shortly :)

LH Panther Mom
02-28-2006, 11:40 PM
And here is the rest of the 3a award winners! Congrats to all these young men! :clap:

http://www.texashsfootball.com/news/teamtexas05/class3aawards.htm