PDA

View Full Version : how come?

lostaussie
02-26-2006, 12:50 PM
front forum page shows 1935 members total, but i am member 5208. have that many folks been banished? if you are not active for a certain length of time are you booted? just wondering. maybe this could be a wonderlic question.:D

District303aPastPlayer
02-26-2006, 12:52 PM
we switched boards and our numbers reset or something

Maroon87
02-26-2006, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
we switched boards and our numbers reset or something

Was that during Rita?

SintonFan
02-26-2006, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
front forum page shows 1935 members total, but i am member 5208. have that many folks been banished? if you are not active for a certain length of time are you booted? just wondering. maybe this could be a wonderlic question.:D
When the new board was installed those members' names who weren't active for a certain length of time were deleted. So many folks had to reregister under the same name or a different name. So the actual number of members pretty much remained the same and lessened during the transition while the total count was static and then climbed with those having to reregister. Also many members have multiple screen names.

Ranger Mom
02-26-2006, 01:40 PM
User names that aren't used for a certain amount of time drop off....that is why our actual member count is never the same. This morning I noticed it was something like 1935, just a week or 2 ago it was close to 2,000.

If I remember correctly, if someone hasn't posted in the past year or year and a half, their name automatically drops off, but your member number will stay the same.

Hurricane Rita had nothing to do with it, it was a couple of years ago when we completely changed boards. The only thing that happened with Hurricane Rita is that our post counts didn't go up any when we were posting on the 4-A board or the temporary forum here because they didn't transfer them over.

lostaussie
02-26-2006, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan

Also many members have multiple screen names. surely you jest :thinking:

SintonFan
02-26-2006, 01:44 PM
surely you jest :thinking:
That happens to be one of Gobbla's alter egos...
One of Talena's is "j/k" just to name a few.;)

Eagle6Man
02-26-2006, 01:48 PM

Wonderlic? LOLOL

I bet the Aggies would have fared much better than you know who.... j/k :D

sinton66
02-26-2006, 01:48 PM

In fact, there have been less than a hundred "booted" off the board(banned by Moderators). The biggest difference is in those that don't post after they register. "Zero posters" are culled from the active list after a year or so. "Banned Members" also include some who were booted before their first post because of their choice in username.

72 Banned by Moderators
218 Banned members (Admins)

Ranger Mom
02-26-2006, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
In fact, there have been less than a hundred "booted" off the board(banned by Moderators). The biggest difference is in those that don't post after they register. "Zero posters" are culled from the active list after a year or so.

Out of curiosity I went back and counted. The "mods" have banned 72 and it's amazing how many that we know, for a fact, were the same person!

Ranger Mom
02-26-2006, 02:03 PM

72 Banned by Moderators
218 Banned members (Admins)

Okay, did you put that there AFTER I went back and counted, or am I losing my mind??

sinton66
02-26-2006, 02:05 PM
I edited after your pm.;)

Chris Hart
02-26-2006, 02:05 PM
In fact, there have been less than a hundred "booted" off the board(banned by Moderators). The biggest difference is in those that don't post after they register. "Zero posters" are culled from the active list after a year or so. "Banned Members" also include some who were booted before their first post because of their choice in username.

72 Banned by Moderators
218 Banned members (Admins) We've only ROM'd 1 member on the 4A site. Just a totally better class of people over there, I guess:D :p ;)

sinton66
02-26-2006, 02:06 PM
AHEM, that's one out of how many?:D

lostaussie
02-26-2006, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
We've only ROM'd 1 member on the 4A site. Just a totally better class of people over there, I guess:D :p ;) but out of the 10 signed up that is still a large percentage:D

Ranger Mom
02-26-2006, 02:09 PM
but out of the 10 signed up that is still a large percentage:D

I just wonder how many on that board are actually from this board? I know I am one of them!:D

lepfan
02-26-2006, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I just wonder how many on that board are actually from this board? I know I am one of them!:D I signed up over there, but only visit once in a blue moon.

lostaussie
02-26-2006, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I just wonder how many on that board are actually from this board? I know I am one of them!:D that's 2 out of 10 cause i'm there too:D....................you know i'm just messing with ya chris.

Ranger Mom
02-26-2006, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
I signed up over there, but only visit once in a blue moon.

I have actually posted in the last couple of days there!!:)

District303aPastPlayer
02-26-2006, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
I signed up over there, but only visit once in a blue moon.

me too

sinton66
02-26-2006, 02:50 PM
Dang, I'm a member there too. That's about six out of ten now. One out ofthe four remaining being banned IS a high percentage.:D I'm pretty sure the admins are there too, so that leaves 1 out of 2. Dang Chris, you've banned half the non-downlowers.:D :D :D