PDA

View Full Version : Stephens commits to Texas A&M

GetRDoneStangs
02-26-2006, 12:14 PM
Stephens commits to Texas A&M
February 26,2006
The Monitor

McALLEN — It’s unofficially official: Bradley Stephens will join the Texas A&M Aggies.

Stephens, the 5-foot-11, 192-pound record-breaker from McAllen Memorial, verbally committed to the Aggies, ironically, after a group meeting with Texas football coach Mack Brown.

"Coach (Mack) Brown was talking to a group of us at junior day," Stephens said, referring to the gathering with prospective underclassmen in Austin, "and he said you should make a decision then instead of wasting people’s time."

After thinking about Brown’s advice, Stephens settled on the Aggies.

"Really a lot of things played in to it," Stephens said. "For quite a while A&M has been the top school on my list."

Among the schools bidding for Stephens’ services were Texas, Iowa State, Oklahoma State, Georgia Tech, Houston, Notre Dame and Michigan, to name a few. As a junior, Stephens had scholarship offers from A&M, Oklahoma State, Georgia Tech, Iowa State and Houston.

Stephens rushed for 2,622 yards in 10 games during 2005 and planned on making his verbal commitment before the 2006 football season. Though Stephens has chosen Texas A&M, the commitment won’t be binding until he signs a national letter of intent Feb. 7, 2007.

"What (Brown) said was very true," Stephens said. "A&M has been on the top of my list, and that’s really where my heart has been set to.

Offensive MVP on the TexasHSFootball Overal Texas Team and just a Junior! (Thanks for the post RangerMom!)

Good verbal for the Ags !
:clap: :clap:

lostaussie
02-26-2006, 12:20 PM
that's tremendous. keep em' coming mack:D

Buckeye80
02-26-2006, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
that's tremendous. keep em' coming mack:D

That can be the new recruiting plan at A&M. Fran screws up the whole thing (Manuel Johnson). Then Mack comes in and convinces the kids to be Aggies anyway.

And most of them will still go to Oklahoma!:mad:

District303aPastPlayer
02-26-2006, 12:34 PM
Its good for Stephens to go to A&M. UT has too many good RBs in the stable

GetRDoneStangs
02-26-2006, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
Its good for Stephens to go to A&M. UT has too many good RBs in the stable

I agree with that!

lepfan
02-26-2006, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
That can be the new recruiting plan at A&M. Fran screws up the whole thing (Manuel Johnson). Then Mack comes in and convinces the kids to be Aggies anyway.

And most of them will still go to Oklahoma!:mad:
I had to laugh on this one...:D That was a good one.

sinton66
02-26-2006, 02:48 PM
Does Oklahoma have a football program?:D

AggieJohn
02-27-2006, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
Its good for Stephens to go to A&M. UT has too many good RBs in the stable yeah but A&m is getting a bigger more noticable stable this year