PDA

View Full Version : Yeah, I'll throw this out in February!!!

Buckeye80
02-26-2006, 05:46 AM

The Gilmer Buckeyes should be ranked number one to begin the 2006 season IMHO. I will be puzzled by any other ranking (excluding Dave Campbell's magazine, because Carl Padilla is an idiot). We have too much talent returning (18 starters) and too many talented underclassmen not to be the odds-on favorite to win the championship despite the fact that for the first time, we'll be the D-1 Rep. And yes WOS, that includes you!

Gobbla2001
02-26-2006, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Buckeye80

The Gilmer Buckeyes should be ranked number one to begin the 2006 season IMHO. I will be puzzled by any other ranking (excluding Dave Campbell's magazine, because Carl Padilla is an idiot). We have too much talent returning (18 starters) and too many talented underclassmen not to be the odds-on favorite to win the championship despite the fact that for the first time, we'll be the D-1 Rep. And yes WOS, that includes you!

Bellville had a great season and return almost the whole team (may be more than 18 starters) as well... That would puzzle you to see them above your team??? A bias maybe...

Gilmer does sound dangerous...

lostaussie
02-26-2006, 09:05 AM

The Gilmer Buckeyes should be ranked number one to begin the 2006 season IMHO. I will be puzzled by any other ranking (excluding Dave Campbell's magazine, because Carl Padilla is an idiot). We have too much talent returning (18 starters) and too many talented underclassmen not to be the odds-on favorite to win the championship despite the fact that for the first time, we'll be the D-1 Rep. And yes WOS, that includes you! a hard night of carousing and drinking will do that to your brain:D. i don't want to be ranked #1...........but we will be good.

bulldogbark
02-26-2006, 09:43 AM
i bet when the first poll comes out once again there will be a lot of people puzzled:D

Buckeye80
02-26-2006, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
a hard night of carousing and drinking will do that to your brain:D.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Gobbla2001
02-26-2006, 11:28 AM
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

AKA: You haven't even seen a qt of the 3A teams in the state, yet you'd be puzzled if your team was not ranked #1 above all of the 170 or however many of the other ones, Homer Simpson...

lostaussie
02-26-2006, 11:31 AM
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: don't take it the wrong way. i just saw what time you posted and figured that you had just got home:D. no offense intended.

Buckeye80
02-26-2006, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
AKA: You haven't even seen a qt of the 3A teams in the state, yet you'd be puzzled if your team was not ranked #1 above all of the 170 or however many of the other ones, Homer Simpson...

Look at what I quoted!! I wasn't out carousing and drinking. I was up with an eight month old.

And I don't need to see the other teams in the state. My team is the best! And if you don't agree with me, then you're a poopy-head.:D

Just stirring up some discussion about football instead of the "dang" Olympics or Don Knotts.

lostaussie
02-26-2006, 11:47 AM

Just stirring up some discussion about football instead of the "dang" Olympics or Don Knotts. well i'm not much on the olympics but don knotts was "da man".

Gobbla2001
02-26-2006, 11:48 AM
Look at what I quoted!! I wasn't out carousing and drinking. I was up with an eight month old.

And I don't need to see the other teams in the state. My team is the best! And if you don't agree with me, then you're a poopy-head.:D

Just stirring up some discussion about football instead of the "dang" Olympics or Don Knotts.

I'm a poopy-head haha...

great stuff man, keep posting... I'm just helping out your cause to be honest...

Buckeye80
02-26-2006, 11:52 AM
don't take it the wrong way. i just saw what time you posted and figured that you had just got home:D. no offense intended.

No offense taken. That's just a big (and often justified) assumption to make about someone. Truth be told, I would rather have been drinking than holding a screaming baby in one hand and typing with the other at four o'clock or whenever it was.
I'm just very excited about our team this year!:) And I am the definition of a "homer". I am eternal optimist when it comes to the Buckeyes; even in February.

Matthew328
02-26-2006, 01:38 PM
it wouldn't surprise me to see Gilmer ranked #1...

lostaussie
02-26-2006, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
it wouldn't surprise me to see Gilmer ranked #1... :doh:say it won't be so

kaorder1999
02-26-2006, 01:59 PM
if GJ returns wont Canton have a bunch of people back also??

Chris Hart
02-26-2006, 02:00 PM
Now if I said Burnet would go 16-0 in 06 and win the 4A state Championship, you could bet it all that I've been out carousing and drinking all night, lol

However, I agree with Buckeye80 to a degree. If Gilmer is not ranked #1 preseason, they should be VERY close to the top.

lostaussie
02-26-2006, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
if GJ returns wont Canton have a bunch of people back also?? Canton will have a lot back. g.j. nearly single handedly beat us in the playoffs. i don't see that happening again. btw, we play canton in week zero. guess we will find out early.

kaorder1999
02-26-2006, 02:07 PM
Canton will have a lot back. g.j. nearly single handedly beat us in the playoffs. i don't see that happening again. btw, we play canton in week zero. guess we will find out early.

interesting....

Gobbla2001
02-26-2006, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
Now if I said Burnet would go 16-0 in 06 and win the 4A state Championship, you could bet it all that I've been out carousing and drinking all night, lol

Yah, that's be a pretty stupid thing to say... we all know they're in the NFC West...

Chris Hart
02-26-2006, 03:30 PM
Yah, that's be a pretty stupid thing to say... we all know they're in the NFC West... Don't you mean AFC West?:D

Gobbla2001
02-26-2006, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
Don't you mean AFC West?:D

Crap, it's AFC?

That's right... I forget sometimes...

GetRDoneStangs
02-26-2006, 07:19 PM

Sometimes "Homers are OK" they are the ones that pack the stadiums on Friday nites.. So sometimes being a homer can be kinda... :cool: :cool:

lostaussie
02-26-2006, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
Sometimes "Homers are OK" they are the ones that pack the stadiums on Friday nites.. So sometimes being a homer can be kinda... :cool: :cool: it's my opinion that this "homer" knows what he's talking about. myself, i like to fly under the radar:D. we will be good. #1, i don't know. that's a long ways off.

GetRDoneStangs
02-26-2006, 08:42 PM
Under the radar can be a good thing, I was being a tad sacastic about "Homers".. most coaches don't especialy care to have that #1 rating going in or during the season. It puts stress on everyone as well as gives ammo to your competition. I gues it really just matters who is number one at the end of the year..

And it is not a poll that says so! :clap:

lostaussie
02-26-2006, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
Under the radar can be a good thing, I was being a tad sacastic about "Homers".. most coaches don't especialy care to have that #1 rating going in or during the season. It puts stress on everyone as well as gives ammo to your competition. I gues it really just matters who is number one at the end of the year..

And it is not a poll that says so! :clap: you hit the hammer on the nailhead.

GetRDoneStangs
02-26-2006, 08:52 PM
you hit the hammer on the nailhead.

:clap: That IS a good thing.....I usually hit my

Finger !:o

j_dog
02-26-2006, 08:53 PM
Good luck Gilmer. Glad you have volunteered for that Number One Target. :D

lostaussie
02-26-2006, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
Good luck Gilmer. Glad you have volunteered for that Number One Target. :D i think it's only one of us:D

big daddy russ
02-26-2006, 09:50 PM
Seems like the upcoming year should be a pretty strong one for 3A ball overall. Last year's top-ranked team (final rankings) returns a small college team, top ten-caliber Bellville returns all but two or three, Gilmer brings back a team who is supposed to be as talented as their championship squad. If Kinne comes back Canton will be a powerhouse, Wimberley and Hutto will both be back and just as good. West Orange-Stark, West Columbia, Bridge City, Giddings, Sweetwater, Canyon, and a boatload of other teams bring also back extremely tough squads.