PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater's Jackson to WFHS

GreenMonster
02-25-2006, 09:06 PM
That's one of the rumors that are flying around my little part of the world. My sources tell me that the Wichita Falls ISD school board is hot and heavy into recruiting Kent Jackson to be the next head coach in Coyoteland. Interest is high because it would be a smooth transition. Each of the past 2 Coyote lead dogs worked under Jackson at Olney HS and Old High has run a version of Jackson's Flex Bone attack since the late 90's. This is a very intrigueing situation. It makes too much sense for this not to be true. Any of you Sweetwater folks heard anything??

SWMustang
02-25-2006, 11:38 PM
I'm so far out of the loop, I have no idea. Isn't it getting a little late to still be looking for a coach?

smustangs
02-25-2006, 11:44 PM
im not saying it isnt true cuz i dont no but i agree i thinks it a little late in the year to be lookin for a coach but hey who knows

injuredinmelee
02-26-2006, 01:03 AM
Not like they have to recruit. Whys it too late?

GetRDoneStangs
02-26-2006, 01:07 AM
This is just my opinion….and no offense to GreenMonster…

When you are blessed to have the caliber of a coaching staff as Sweetwater has the past couple of decades (plus) you have to consider yourself as very lucky. Coach Jackson is the latest to bless our young men and women with the morals and leadership that is so important in developing not only athletic, but true life skills to carry on. Coach Jackson is a awesome Christian man, as well as a father, husband, … I think you know how we feel..
If he is being recruited by others (or not ) we should respect that is totally out of respect to him and what he has accomplished. I for ONE hope he continues to stay in Sweetwater for a few more years... But, that is where ALL of our problems are…
We want him to stay for us.!
What about the Jackson family (enter other coach’s name here) ??
If they wish to pursue goals to higher levels in public schools, college or the pros, we are proud to have had them as a part of our team!
I will get of my “High Horse” now… I just wanted to say how I felt and If and when Sweetwater has to find a new coach, lets hope we can “Get RDone” , like we have in the past.

Gobbla2001
02-26-2006, 08:33 AM
#1 - Very classy post, GetRDone...

#2 - Seeing how some schools do it, it may be too early to be lookin' for a coach ha...

SWMustang
02-26-2006, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Not like they have to recruit. Whys it too late?

We're already two months into off season football. I would think a coach would want more time to work with the kids and get them more acclimated to his way of doing things, his offensive and defensive schemes and to evaluate the talent. It's not too late, but it's getting there.

kepdawg
02-26-2006, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by SWMustang
We're already two months into off season football. I would think a coach would want more time to work with the kids and get them more acclimated to his way of doing things, his offensive and defensive schemes and to evaluate the talent. It's not too late, but it's getting there.

In that case, it's too late for a coach to be looking for a job, but not too late for a school to be looking for a coach! Would you suggest that a school without a coach stop looking?

SWMustang
02-26-2006, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
In that case, it's too late for a coach to be looking for a job, but not too late for a school to be looking for a coach! Would you suggest that a school without a coach stop looking?

No, I'm suggesting that a team still looking for a coach in March is already behind the other teams in their district. If a school wanted to turn things around they wouldn't wait until now to bring in a new head coach.

GreenMonster
02-26-2006, 10:06 AM

I've been told by more than one coach that Spring Break is where they set a cutoff. After spring break the coaches that have jobs aren't as likely to move on. This gives them enough time to go through some offseason football and get to know the kids.

SWMustang
02-26-2006, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
I've been told by more than one coach that Spring Break is where they set a cutoff. After spring break the coaches that have jobs aren't as likely to move on. This gives them enough time to go through some offseason football and get to know the kids.

That sounds reasonable to me.
If Jackson took the job he would be putting Sweetwater in a bad spot by leaving them without a coach by Spring break. From what I've read about him, I don't think he would do that.

Ranger Mom
02-26-2006, 10:18 AM
I looked back over some old threads to see when Greenwood named their new Coach last season......it was March 15th. Which, I guess, left Ozona looking for a coach AFTER that date!

SWMustang
02-26-2006, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I looked back over some old threads to see when Greenwood named their new Coach last season......it was March 15th. Which, I guess, left Ozona looking for a coach AFTER that date!

So your coach screwed Ozona over...

Ranger Mom
02-26-2006, 10:25 AM
So your coach screwed Ozona over...

I don't know how screwed over they felt....they hired a coach and went pretty deep in the playoffs!

But I have a question, how did our coach screw anyone over? That date wasn't his decision, it was the school boards!

GreenMonster
02-26-2006, 10:30 AM
It is just a rule of thumb people, it isn't set in stone. Coaches are hired every year after spring break and even into summer.

SWMustang
02-26-2006, 10:31 AM
I don't know how screwed over they felt....they hired a coach and went pretty deep in the playoffs!

But I have a question, how did our coach screw anyone over? That date wasn't his decision, it was the school boards!

It was his decision to leave Ozona in March wasn't it? Just because it was Greenwood's decision to wait until March 15th to hire a coach it was still his decision to accept. I'm glad things worked out for Ozona. Maybe it's comon practice for coaches to quit on their kids in March. How many 4A and 5 A schools are still looking to hire a new coach? It's not a rhetorical question, I don't know the answer.

Ranger Mom
02-26-2006, 10:34 AM
I know that Fort Stockton was looking for a coach for a while after Greenwood named theirs.

Greenwood started the hunt around the first of January, after Bob Purser accounced his retirement.

Then started the job of getting resumes, interviewing, weeding them out, interviewing more and finally getting down to the top 6, down to the top 3 and ultimately the one we hired.

That process took about 2-1/2 months from beginning to end.

SWMustang
02-26-2006, 10:35 AM
I know that Fort Stockton was looking for a coach for a while after Greenwood named theirs.

Greenwood started the hunt around the first of January, after Bob Purser accounced his retirement.

Then started the job of getting resumes, interviewing, weeding them out, interviewing more and finally getting down to the top 6, down to the top 3 and ultimately the one we hired.

That process took about 2-1/2 months from beginning to end.

That's why Fort Stockton is Fort Stockton. How long did it take Cooper to replace their coach?

Ranger Mom
02-26-2006, 10:36 AM
That's why Fort Stockton is Fort Stockton. How long did it take Cooper to replace their coach?

I haven't got the slightest idea!:confused:

SWMustang
02-26-2006, 10:40 AM
I haven't got the slightest idea!:confused:

January 18th

Ranger Mom
02-26-2006, 10:45 AM
January 18th

Since I know next to nothing about Cooper, their situation and their coach, that date really means nothing to me.

Maybe it is kinda crappy for someone to leave a school at that late of a date, I don't know, never really thought about it that much.

I don't know what a coach is supposed to do if the school board of the school he is trying to get hired on with seems to be dragging their feet.

That was our gripe last year, we couldn't figure out what was taking the school board so long to make a decision.

Gobbla2001
02-26-2006, 10:48 AM
January 18th

Are you saying everyone should be like Cooper or something?

Well tough chit, aint always gunna happen...

Look, at the start of April kids aren't even supposed to be practicing football in th e 3A level, pads or no pads... they're still doing offseason and conditioning...

Maybe the coach has a relative with cancer, wants to move closer to the relative, which is closer to home in most cases... until a job comes up, and until the interviewing etc... is done, the guy isn't going anywhere...

Maybe the coach is receiving heavy critisism behind closed doors, too much pressure, wants to get out of the situation before it effects not only himself but his family, and in some instances the kids he is coaching... Do you want him to just 'blindly' take a job so everything will be done fast enough for your standards?

These decisions take a lot of thought... I could see your points if it happened in AUGUST (unless the situation was totally understandable), but it's March, or the early part of April, no football is going on in the first place... As long as the kids get time with their head coach for a month and a half to get a feel for him it should be all good...

But if he does leave in January (most HC's being the AD's as well), what does that do to the basketball program? The baseball program? The track program? Especially if the AD is heavily involved in all of those sports... Maybe the best time for him to leave would be graduation???

And the last time I checked, these kids were in school... whether the coach leaves or stays does not effect them being in school... However, the coach is making a 'career' move, something that directly involves putting food on the table for his family etc...

Back off the guys, they're making risks that effect their families greatly, it's not like they're doing it to be a-holes or anything...

GreenMonster
02-26-2006, 10:48 AM
January 18th

They also crapped on the previous coach and told him he was done before the season ended so they were one of the first to hire. Not the greatest of situations and it was imperative to get a coach in there ASAP just so he would have a chance. Sweetwater is a highly coveted job around the state. It wouldn't stay open long and it would draw some big time names just because it's Sweetwater. Not only that, but Jackson would have to get everything he wanted and a few perks kicked in on the side to take the Old High job. He has a ton of talent coming back for next season and I'm sure it would take one heck of an offer to get him to move. Therefore, it may be a big waste of time to even discuss this. Then again, don't you guys love debating "What if's." :devil:

SWMustang
02-26-2006, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Are you saying everyone should be like Cooper or something?

Well tough chit, aint always gunna happen...

Look, at the start of April kids aren't even supposed to be practicing football in th e 3A level, pads or no pads... they're still doing offseason and conditioning...

Maybe the coach has a relative with cancer, wants to move closer to the relative, which is closer to home in most cases... until a job comes up, and until the interviewing etc... is done, the guy isn't going anywhere...

Maybe the coach is receiving heavy critisism behind closed doors, too much pressure, wants to get out of the situation before it effects not only himself but his family, and in some instances the kids he is coaching... Do you want him to just 'blindly' take a job so everything will be done fast enough for your standards?

These decisions take a lot of thought... I could see your points if it happened in AUGUST (unless the situation was totally understandable), but it's March, or the early part of April, no football is going on in the first place... As long as the kids get time with their head coach for a month and a half to get a feel for him it should be all good...

But if he does leave in January (most HC's being the AD's as well), what does that do to the basketball program? The baseball program? The track program? Especially if the AD is heavily involved in all of those sports... Maybe the best time for him to leave would be graduation???

And the last time I checked, these kids were in school... whether the coach leaves or stays does not effect them being in school... However, the coach is making a 'career' move, something that directly involves putting food on the table for his family etc...

Back off the guys, they're making risks that effect their families greatly, it's not like they're doing it to be a-holes or anything...

I think there's a little more to coaching than x's and o's and practicing in pads. There's also getting kids in the right mental frame of mind to be competitive. The 2006 football season started the first day of off season workouts. Maybe it's different in Cuero, but most schools don't have the athletes Cuero does.

I'm not against coaches leaving to better themselves. Many people outside of coaching have had to make similar decisions and deal with similar work related issues - pressure on the job, wanting to move closer to home, etc... You can leave and go somewhere else in a manner that's fair to everyone. and still attain the quality of life factors that are important to you.

SWMustang
02-26-2006, 11:19 AM
They also crapped on the previous coach and told him he was done before the season ended so they were one of the first to hire. Not the greatest of situations and it was imperative to get a coach in there ASAP just so he would have a chance. Sweetwater is a highly coveted job around the state. It wouldn't stay open long and it would draw some big time names just because it's Sweetwater. Not only that, but Jackson would have to get everything he wanted and a few perks kicked in on the side to take the Old High job. He has a ton of talent coming back for next season and I'm sure it would take one heck of an offer to get him to move. Therefore, it may be a big waste of time to even discuss this. Then again, don't you guys love debating "What if's." :devil:

It's never a waste of time to discuss anything with you Green Monstah!

HighSchool Fan
02-26-2006, 11:21 AM
How many 4A and 5 A schools are still looking to hire a new coach? It's not a rhetorical question, I don't know the answer.

don't know what class they are in, but according to texas high school coaches website, there's around 15 HC jobs still open.

Gobbla2001
02-26-2006, 11:22 AM
You can leave and go somewhere else in a manner that's fair to everyone. and still attain the quality of life factors that are important to you.

Yah, you can, but life isn't always roses and sometimes you cannot always leave and go in the manner that is fair to everyone... Maybe that's how it is in your perfect little world, but life is not always fair... should be when it is possible, but it is not always possible...

Do you coach???

Gobbla2001
02-26-2006, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
don't know what class they are in, but according to texas high school coaches website, there's around 15 HC jobs still open.

And I personally believe that it'd be safe to say that more than that will be open within the next month...

Another thing to factor in is that some coaches have kids in school...

I remember when Coach Monty Stumbaugh was leaving Cuero as the offensive coordinator in '01 to take over as AD/HC at Port Isabel... #1, that's around a 4 hour drive... #2, his son was graduating that year and wanted to graduate in Cuero... He was back and forth between PI and Cuero for a loooong time there for a while with interviews etc... but when he got hired it wasn't too early on if I remember correctly... seemed to work out alright for everyone...

HighSchool Fan
02-26-2006, 11:31 AM
mid march isn't to bad at all. alot of the coaches wait until after realignment. that's early feb. start putting in apps.(1A lindsay had 36 applicants for their job). after all the interviews with all the applicants mid march at the earliest seems to be the time to start hiring someone.

SWMustang
02-26-2006, 11:37 AM
Yah, you can, but life isn't always roses and sometimes you cannot always leave and go in the manner that is fair to everyone... Maybe that's how it is in your perfect little world, but life is not always fair... should be when it is possible, but it is not always possible...

Do you coach???

Ah, Gobbla, of course my world is perfect! I've had people that worked for me leave to take better paying jobs. There's nothing wrong with that. All the ones who were considerate and gave me ample notice usually did well.

Life is most definitely not fair. I can't control the actions of others, but I can control my actions and my consideration for others.

And last but not least - I'll serve this "gotcha" on a platter for you - I do not coach.

Gobbla2001
02-26-2006, 11:47 AM
Ah, Gobbla, of course my world is perfect! I've had people that worked for me leave to take better paying jobs. There's nothing wrong with that. All the ones who were considerate and gave me ample notice usually did well.

Life is most definitely not fair. I can't control the actions of others, but I can control my actions and my consideration for others.

And last but not least - I'll serve this "gotcha" on a platter for you - I do not coach.

But most of the coaches that leave late 'do' give notice... they may not leave early, but when they do they give notice... the ones that don't should...

And it wasn't a case of "gotcha", I honestly was just wondering...

SWMustang
02-26-2006, 11:47 AM

15 jobs open and about 1000 filled. To get a better read, how many HC jobs have come open and been filled versus jobs that have not been filled? Where's WOS87 when you need him?

Gobbla2001
02-26-2006, 11:49 AM
To get a better read, how many HC jobs have come open and been filled versus jobs that have not been filled? Where's WOS87 when you need him?

That'd be interesting...

But more will be open soon, so we'd have to wait to get a better read...

HighSchool Fan
02-26-2006, 11:52 AM
coaching changes (http://www.theoldcoach.com/archives/001121.php)

SWMustang
02-26-2006, 11:52 AM
And I personally believe that it'd be safe to say that more than that will be open within the next month...

Another thing to factor in is that some coaches have kids in school...

I remember when Coach Monty Stumbaugh was leaving Cuero as the offensive coordinator in '01 to take over as AD/HC at Port Isabel... #1, that's around a 4 hour drive... #2, his son was graduating that year and wanted to graduate in Cuero... He was back and forth between PI and Cuero for a loooong time there for a while with interviews etc... but when he got hired it wasn't too early on if I remember correctly... seemed to work out alright for everyone...

I would say Coach Stumbaugh's case is a little different than what I had in mind. He left a coordinator position to be a head coach. I don't think that set Cuero back as much had it been the head coach. As a head coach at a successful program he has to expect other teams are going to come after his assistants.

Gobbla2001
02-26-2006, 11:57 AM
I would say Coach Stumbaugh's case is a little different than what I had in mind. He left a coordinator position to be a head coach. I don't think that set Cuero back as much had it been the head coach. As a head coach at a successful program he has to expect other teams are going to come after his assistants.

Of course it is different since he wasn't the HC at Cuero, but he was the offensive coordinator... the offensive strategies changed with the new coordinator...

BUT, my point was "Why" some coaches leave later... it's not always a wake up in the morning and forget about your players type deal... there is reason and thought behind a great majority of these coaches' decisions...

lostaussie
02-26-2006, 11:59 AM
as far as i know Lindale and Canton's jobs are both still open. i would imagine there are lots of jobs to still be filled around the state.

SWMustang
02-26-2006, 12:00 PM
Of course it is different since he wasn't the HC at Cuero, but he was the offensive coordinator... the offensive strategies changed with the new coordinator...

BUT, my point was "Why" some coaches leave later... it's not always a wake up in the morning and forget about your players type deal... there is reason and thought behind a great majority of these coaches' decisions...

OK. I think I need a hug now.

Gobbla2001
02-26-2006, 12:01 PM

Nah, there aint no mountains round here... esspecially ones named 'Brokeback' :D

Ranger Mom
02-26-2006, 12:09 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap: That was great!!:D

GetRDoneStangs
02-26-2006, 01:26 PM
Nah, there aint no mountains round here... esspecially ones named 'Brokeback' :D

I went thru Cuero a couple of times last weekend....Didn't see any "Mountains"...just a few " hills!"...

LOL

Matthew328
02-26-2006, 01:35 PM
I also heard Gainesville's Jeff Cordell is looking into the Wichita Falls job...he was a finalist for the Irving MacArthur job earlier...

HighSchool Fan
02-26-2006, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
I also heard Gainesville's Jeff Cordell is looking into the Wichita Falls job...he was a finalist for the Irving MacArthur job earlier...

i've heard rumors about that also. i checked with someone at the school, they said don't read to much into that at all. after seeing his buddy mark copeland leaving and not even coaching now, cordell will be much more selective.

SWMustang
02-26-2006, 01:54 PM
i've heard rumors about that also. i checked with someone at the school, they said don't read to much into that at all. after seeing his buddy mark copeland leaving and not even coaching now, cordell will be much more selective.

Either he wants to be very selective or he doesn't want to screw over Gainesville :p

GreenMonster
02-26-2006, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328

I think Cordell would be a great fit over at WF Hirschi were that job to ever come open.

Macarthur
02-26-2006, 03:01 PM
No, I'm suggesting that a team still looking for a coach in March is already behind the other teams in their district. If a school wanted to turn things around they wouldn't wait until now to bring in a new head coach.

Well, WFHS's coach just left so what do you expect them to do? Go into the season without a coach. Good grief.

:thinking:

SWMustang
02-26-2006, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
Well, WFHS's coach just left so what do you expect them to do? Go into the season without a coach. Good grief.

:thinking:

If I were WFHS, I'd probably go get a new coach. :confused:

Eagle6Man
02-26-2006, 08:30 PM
If I were WFHS, I'd probably go get a new coach. :confused:

So who would you go after? (I'm thinking that you would say Jackson in Sweetwater, and we can start this thread over) :D

Phantom Stang
02-26-2006, 08:50 PM
If the posters on The Old Coach know what they're talking about, it doesn't look like Jackson would have any better of a job in WF, than he has in Sweetwater.:thinking:

GetRDoneStangs
02-26-2006, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Eagle6Man
So who would you go after? (I'm thinking that you would say Jackson in Sweetwater, and we can start this thread over) :D

I tried to send it in another direction early on..Let's hope they are looking at many places!

SWMustang
02-26-2006, 09:18 PM

I know WFHS finished 6-4 last year and I don't know what the expectations are for 2006. I think they would have more options if they were interviewing Candidates in late December/January than starting now. I realize it's not their fault - call off the dogs!!!

Why not promote from within? Give someone a year and if it doesn't work out you can go after a deeper pool of candidates at the end of 2006 - instead of being saddled with some retread who's been passed over for a 100 other HC jobs already.

lostaussie
02-26-2006, 09:19 PM
I know WFHS finished 6-4 last year and I don't know what the expectations are for 2006. I think they would have more options if they were interviewing Candidates in late December/January than starting now. I realize it's not their fault - call off the dogs!!!

Why not promote from within? Give someone a year and if it doesn't work out you can go after a deeper pool of candidates at the end of 2006 - instead of being saddled with some retread who's been passed over for a 100 other HC jobs already. i think they want your retread:D

SWMustang
02-26-2006, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
i think they want your retread:D

They can't have our retread. They can go get their own retread.

lostaussie
02-26-2006, 09:28 PM
They can't have our retread. They can go get their own retread. i would be sure and tell Coach Jackson that..............TOMORROW. A coach that is loved and respected is a coach that will more times than not, STAY

hawkfan
02-26-2006, 10:12 PM
I think Cordell would be a great fit over at WF Hirschi were that job to ever come open.

I would have to agree. Hirschi needs all the help they can get. If his son wasn't still playing, I think another name that could be mentioned for the WFHS job is Green over in Windthorst. I Know going from 1A to 4A would be a big jump, but if Scott Ponder could go from Petrolia to WF Rider, I think Green could make the transition as well. By the way Green Monster, would you mind telling me your real name. I got a guess who I think you are, but I want to be sure.

GreenMonster
02-26-2006, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by hawkfan
[B By the way Green Monster, would you mind telling me your real name. I got a guess who I think you are, but I want to be sure. [/B]

If my guesses are correct, it is the same as your own. Coach Thompson I presume??

Black_Magic
02-26-2006, 10:40 PM
Its not much of a secret that jackson has been looking alot this last year. Amarillo, Odessa high to name a couple. I expect him to scoot on out of Sw.

GreenMonster
02-26-2006, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Its not much of a secret that jackson has been looking alot this last year. Amarillo, Odessa high to name a couple. I expect him to scoot on out of Sw.

Go Blackie! We should see the Sweetwater faithful scurry out of hiding like roaches as soon as the lights go off now. By the way Blackie, I married the prom queen.

Pmoney
02-26-2006, 10:48 PM
Go Blackie! We should see the Sweetwater faithful scurry out of hiding like roaches as soon as the lights go off now. By the way Blackie, I married the prom queen.
so you must have been the winner

Phantom Stang
02-26-2006, 11:04 PM
Is the OHS job still open?

Phantom Stang
02-26-2006, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
Is the OHS job still open?
Nevermind. I did some research and answered my own question....
==============================
King climbs to top seat on sidelines

By Lee Scheide
Odessa American

Ron King, “Head coach of the Odessa Bronchos.’’
Even King, who just minutes earlier had been approved by the ECISD school board as the 26th head coach in school history, had a hard time wrapping his thoughts around that statement.
He did smile, though, much like many of OHS fans are.
The newest OHS coach comes from within the program, which is something athletics director Gary Gaines, superintendent Wendell Sollis and OHS principal Ron Leach said was very important.
Still, when King finally had a moment to catch his breath, you could hear the wonder in his voice as a lifelong dream had come to fruition.
“It’s been a whirlwind, really,” said King, who is a Class 5A head coach for the first time. “You never know just how much your life can change in five minutes, but it really can. It’s amazing.”
King’s coaching resume is solid, with all of his experience at the high school level coming in District 3-5A — at Odessa High, Abilene Cooper and Permian.
A defensive coordinator for the past 10 years, King has helped coach teams into the playoffs seven times, with five district championships or co-championships under his belt.
King is a stickler for discipline and a proponent of doing things right. If the players don’t, King is not afraid to jump into the middle of the action to execute the play the way it’s supposed to be run.
“I have no doubt that Ron will have the players working hard and representing the school well,” Leach said. “He has the respect of everyone in the athletic program and in the classroom; I know, because I’m in everyone’s classroom every day and I see the way he runs things.
“This is a very good day for Odessa High, the football team and the athletic programs.”
It is a football program that is in a state of flux, as is every program when a change happens at the top of the food chain. King has been helping out as the interim campus coordinator since retiring coach Scott Phillips began taking care of his elderly parents earlier this year.
That’s why — although King said he wasn’t informed by Gaines until Wednesday night that the he would be recommended for the position — the newest 3-5A head coach broke some of the suspense by attending the OHS soccer games at Ratliff Stadium on Tuesday.
“It was my job,” King said, laughing. “I couldn’t comment on anything because I didn’t know. I was getting quite a few calls from everyone and I had to answer them all with ‘no comment,’ and I meant it. But it was nice to get that phone call on Wednesday.”
With the promotion, King became the first district head coach since Steve Warren at Abilene High in 1996 to be promoted from the same staff to the top spot. Warren was promoted after Gaines left for San Angelo Central in 1996.
The last coach in Odessa to garner that honor was Tam Hollingshead at Permian High in 1990. Hollingshead was promoted after Gaines left for Texas Tech University in 1990.
Gaines on Friday recommended King for the opening to run the OHS program.
“I owe my coaching career to Coach Gaines,” King said. “He was the one that hired me at Nimitz Junior High in 1986. And then Coach Hollingshead and Coach (Randy) Mayes.
“This is a great opportunity for me, and I’m going to work hard to continue to build the program that Coach Phillips started here at Odessa High School. We have a great bunch of athletes, and I’m looking forward to getting started.”

hawkfan
02-27-2006, 09:44 AM
If my guesses are correct, it is the same as your own. Coach Thompson I presume??

You presumed correct. I just emailed you.

Black_Magic
02-27-2006, 09:57 AM
Go Blackie! We should see the Sweetwater faithful scurry out of hiding like roaches as soon as the lights go off now. By the way Blackie, I married the prom queen. Kinda like Roaches? You sound like your from snyder.:clap: congrats on the prom queen:thumbsup:

SWMustang
02-27-2006, 12:33 PM

I think he'd like to put another thumping on Snyder before that happens:D

STANG RED
02-27-2006, 12:36 PM

Snyder would have to go a couple rounds deep in the playoffs now. So..........................it'll probably never happen.

Black_Magic
02-27-2006, 01:28 PM
I gota mark this one for the future.. When either Bridgeport of Gainsville thunp you guys in the first round that is;)

DaHop72
02-27-2006, 01:34 PM
Go Blackie! We should see the Sweetwater faithful scurry out of hiding like roaches as soon as the lights go off now. By the way Blackie, I married the prom queen. Monster, you are a stud.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

injuredinmelee
02-27-2006, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Monster, you are a stud.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
we all knew that hop!!!

SWMustang
02-27-2006, 02:00 PM
Monster, you are a stud.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You know we're a bunch of smack talking, Snyder loathing, "roach" mustangs. It didn't take a genius to figure out we'd come scurrying out of the darkness.

Eagle6Man
02-27-2006, 03:32 PM
You know we're a bunch of smack talking, Snyder loathing, "roach" mustangs. It didn't take a genius to figure out we'd come scurrying out of the darkness.

^5

:D

DaHop72
02-27-2006, 05:05 PM
You know we're a bunch of smack talking, Snyder loathing, "roach" mustangs. It didn't take a genius to figure out we'd come scurrying out of the darkness. :evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh :devil: :devil: :devil:

Phantom Stang
02-27-2006, 06:01 PM
For what it's worth, the Sweetwater school board, recently voted to give Jackson a one year extension on his contract.

Adidas410s
02-27-2006, 06:03 PM
K so without reading thorugh 5 pages of blah...what is the latest on this situation?

STANG RED
02-27-2006, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
K so without reading thorugh 5 pages of blah...what is the latest on this situation?

It's good you didnt bother with the first 5 pages. Nobody really KNOWS anything anyway.

mrescape43
02-27-2006, 08:33 PM

He wouldn't have the chance. If we meet the next couple of years it will be in the playoffs and you know that Sweetwater has never defeated Snyder in the playoffs.:D :D

mustang04
02-27-2006, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by mrescape43
He wouldn't have the chance. If we meet the next couple of years it will be in the playoffs and you know that Sweetwater has never defeated Snyder in the playoffs.:D :D

yeah cuz snyder hardly ever gets the job done to meet sweetwater in the playoffs and when the time came and they actually made it far enough..they lucked out...thats not much to be braggin about

Tweeder215
02-27-2006, 11:09 PM
I gota mark this one for the future.. When either Bridgeport of Gainsville thunp you guys in the first round that is;)

Before you start talking smack and trying to get a rise out of the rest of the Sweetwater fans...I believe its spelled "losers" not "loosers" and "their" not "thier". I find it very hard to even comment on remarks made by people who can't even spell. So if you want us to think that you know what you are talking about at least try to act intelligent. Otherwise, people just laugh at you.

Butkus
02-27-2006, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Tweeder215
Before you start talking smack and trying to get a rise out of the rest of the Sweetwater fans...I believe its spelled "losers" not "loosers" and "their" not "thier". I find it very hard to even comment on remarks made by people who can't even spell. So if you want us to think that you know what you are talking about at least try to act intelligent. Otherwise, people just laugh at you. Maybe old blackie is a politicin fur that job o coach jackson if it comes open. lol

mustang04
02-28-2006, 12:03 AM
Before you start talking smack and trying to get a rise out of the rest of the Sweetwater fans...I believe its spelled "losers" not "loosers" and "their" not "thier". I find it very hard to even comment on remarks made by people who can't even spell. So if you want us to think that you know what you are talking about at least try to act intelligent. Otherwise, people just laugh at you.

That's my boy, right there!:D

smustangs
02-28-2006, 01:06 AM
i agree bryson get him haha

mrescape43
02-28-2006, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by mustang04
yeah cuz snyder hardly ever gets the job done to meet sweetwater in the playoffs and when the time came and they actually made it far enough..they lucked out...thats not much to be braggin about

Fact is when we meet in the playoffs Snyder gets it done. :D :D

STANG RED
02-28-2006, 08:41 AM

Yea, but since it only happens once every 10 or so years, I figure we're safe for about 8 or so.:devil: :D

Black_Magic
02-28-2006, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
For what it's worth, the Sweetwater school board, recently voted to give Jackson a one year extension on his contract. Isnt the Usual thing a two year extention??:eek:
I wonder if Butkus or Bubba joe will have a Job if a new guy comes in?:thinking: :p

Black_Magic
02-28-2006, 10:31 AM
Before you start talking smack and trying to get a rise out of the rest of the Sweetwater fans...I believe its spelled "losers" not "loosers" and "their" not "thier". I find it very hard to even comment on remarks made by people who can't even spell. So if you want us to think that you know what you are talking about at least try to act intelligent. Otherwise, people just laugh at you. Tweeder! Great Quote!! now if you could only quote the right post then you would be the King!! LOL

mustang04
02-28-2006, 10:47 AM

all 2 times........ we can count all those years that we didnt play in the playoffs cuz yall werent good enough to make it far enough as OUR victories.....out of like 50 opportunities to make it far enuff to play us in the playoffs, yall were only good enough twice to make it and yall just happened to be good enough at that time to beat us too:D :D

mustang04
02-28-2006, 10:54 AM
i mean...look at merkel.....has gone to the playoffs once in like 40 years, and they beat greenwood first round, so basiclly merkel is undefeated against greenwood in the playoffs...so does that mean that merkel is the better team year in and year out?!?!!?

he shoots...he scores:D :clap:

mrescape43
02-28-2006, 11:45 AM
all 2 times........ we can count all those years that we didnt play in the playoffs cuz yall werent good enough to make it far enough as OUR victories.....out of like 50 opportunities to make it far enuff to play us in the playoffs, yall were only good enough twice to make it and yall just happened to be good enough at that time to beat us too:D :D

Old News. Talk about more recent history.

Go back last 16 games and only 9-7 Sweetwater w/pivotal game coming from bonehead play by our Qb or would b 8-8 so just about as even rivalry as you can get. Also, I graduated high school not knowing how it feels to lose to Sweetwater as they were as bad in the 70's as we were in the 80's.

STANG RED
02-28-2006, 11:50 AM
Old News. Talk about more recent history.

Go back last 16 games and only 9-7 Sweetwater w/pivotal game coming from bonehead play by our Qb or would b 8-8 so just about as even rivalry as you can get. Also, I graduated high school not knowing how it feels to lose to Sweetwater as they were as bad in the 70's as we were in the 80's.

Yep, the 70s sucked alright.
But I thought you didnt want to talk about "Old News".
By the way, the most recent history has Snyder losing in the first round, and Sweetwater going to the semis.

mrescape43
02-28-2006, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Yep, the 70s sucked alright.
But I thought you didnt want to talk about "Old News".
By the way, the most recent history has Snyder losing in the first round, and Sweetwater going to the semis.

You are right about this year. Last year it was Snyder ousting Sweetwater in the Quarters sending us to the semis.

STANG RED
02-28-2006, 12:19 PM
You are right about this year. Last year it was Snyder ousting Sweetwater in the Quarters sending us to the semis.

I still cant believe yall let Monahans win that game. We really wanted another shot at Snyder. We all still have that bitter taste in our mouths. Yall better get the job done next year, so we can get our shot!

mrescape43
02-28-2006, 12:27 PM
I still cant believe yall let Monahans win that game. We really wanted another shot at Snyder. We all still have that bitter taste in our mouths. Yall better get the job done next year, so we can get our shot!

I couldn't believe it either. I think our guys were looking past Monahans. I know our guys will do their best to make this happen.

mustang04
02-28-2006, 01:45 PM
i never have lost to snyder in a football game:D

Black_Magic
02-28-2006, 02:05 PM
i never have lost to snyder in a football game:D Yep You were on the JV your Jr year when Snyder beat Sweetwater In Snyder but you saw it didnt you. :D

Ranger Mom
02-28-2006, 02:11 PM
i mean...look at merkel.....has gone to the playoffs once in like 40 years, and they beat greenwood first round, so basiclly merkel is undefeated against greenwood in the playoffs...so does that mean that merkel is the better team year in and year out?!?!!?

he shoots...he scores:D :clap:

Hey now, don't be dragging us into your argument!!!:foul: :foul: :foul:

J/K Reggie.....ya know I luv ya!!;) :inlove:

mrescape43
02-28-2006, 02:15 PM
Yep You were on the JV your Jr year when Snyder beat Sweetwater In Snyder but you saw it didnt you. :D

Now we know why! :D :D :clap:

mustang04
02-28-2006, 02:27 PM
Yep You were on the JV your Jr year when Snyder beat Sweetwater In Snyder but you saw it didnt you. :D

well..u appearantly never understood any of the circumstances of why i was on JV but pretty sure i was on varsity for 8 games that season

btw...look at any good porno lately?????:devil: :D

mustang04
02-28-2006, 02:28 PM
oh and blackie...whats a 'looser' ????

mustang04
02-28-2006, 02:32 PM
where are ya blackie...quit searchin those naughty sites and respond...im waiting....

Snyder_TigerFan
02-28-2006, 02:33 PM
i never have lost to snyder in a football game:D

So this isn't entirely correct. You have lost to Snyder, you just didn't actually play in the game your JR year when you were on the JV?

mustang04
02-28-2006, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
So this isn't entirely correct. You have lost to Snyder, you just didn't actually play in the game your JR year when you were on the JV?
no...i NEVER lost to snyder

i was moved up to varsity the week following the lost to snyder, then we went undefeated until losing to g-wood in the playoffs

so u see...my sophmore thru varsity year, i was like 35 and 4:D

Snyder_TigerFan
02-28-2006, 02:39 PM
i was moved up to varsity the week following the lost to snyder

Since we're on a spelling/grammer spree here, I believe "loss" would be the correct usage.

mustang04
02-28-2006, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Since we're on a spelling/grammer spree here, I believe "loss" would be the correct usage.
yeah...i caught that and didnt feel like editing it cuz i figured u could figure out what i really meant

funny how u changed subject

Black_Magic
02-28-2006, 02:47 PM
I thought that would bring you out. Hey If you dont want the subject brought up that you were on the JV during Snyders victory over Sweetwater in 2002 then I would not bring up and brag about never losing to snyder.:rolleyes:

mustang04
02-28-2006, 02:47 PM
hey tiger fan...where did the porn king ooops i mean blackie run off to???

he might have jetted to merkel, but let him know the videos at that adult store are EXPENSIVE...but i guess one doesnt mind they they are addicted and desperate:D

mustang04
02-28-2006, 02:49 PM
I thought that would bring you out. Hey If you dont want the subject that you were on the JV during Snyders victory over Sweetwater in 2002 then I would not bring up and brag about never losing to snyder.:rolleyes:
haha..oh ill let everyone know i was on JV when the varsity lost to snyder, but you say it like i was on JV my whole JR year, and pretty sure that i had something to contribute to that football game against yall if i woulda been on varsity then.....so anyways, who do YOU like better, Pamela Anderson or Jenna Jameson??

Black_Magic
02-28-2006, 02:50 PM
hey tiger fan...where did the porn king ooops i mean blackie run off to???

he might have jetted to merkel, but let him know the videos at that adult store are EXPENSIVE...but i guess one doesnt mind they they are addicted and desperate:D Maybey you should tell mom not to send so many pictures in to so many sites. ;)

mustang04
02-28-2006, 02:51 PM
Maybey you should tell mom not to send so many pictures in to so many sites. ;)

haha...thats a REALLY GOOD one....momma jokes:D

no..pretty sure she has a husband who is loyal and not addicted to porn:D

mrescape43
02-28-2006, 02:51 PM
no...i NEVER lost to snyder

i was moved up to varsity the week following the lost to snyder, then we went undefeated until losing to g-wood in the playoffs

so u see...my sophmore thru varsity year, i was like 35 and 4:D

When I made the statement about not losing to Sweetwater I was referring to the Varsity Tigers vs the Varsity Mustangs. Didn't make myself too clear.

mustang04
02-28-2006, 02:52 PM
When I made the statement about not losing to Sweetwater I was including all my years in high school, not just varsity football.
me too...im INCLUDING 7th thru senior year.....:rolleyes:

Black_Magic
02-28-2006, 02:52 PM
haha...thats a REALLY GOOD one....momma jokes:D

no..pretty sure she has a husband who is loyal and not addicted to porn:D You sure?? or maybe thats how mom and dad met.:rolleyes:

mustang04
02-28-2006, 02:54 PM
You sure?? ow maybe thats how mom and dad met.:rolleyes:

nah..they met in Bio class at Tarleton....porno is more likely to end marriages than create them..agree?

mrescape43
02-28-2006, 02:56 PM
me too...im INCLUDING 7th thru senior year.....:rolleyes:

Well then your statement is false that you as a "Sweetwater Mustang" didn't lose to Snyder.

mrescape43
02-28-2006, 02:57 PM
nah..they met in Bio class at Tarleton....porno is more likely to end marriages than create them..agree?

Naa! It just lends creativity to the marriage! JK:D :D

mustang04
02-28-2006, 02:57 PM
Well then your statement is false that you as a "Sweetwater Mustang" didn't lose to Snyder.
how is it false....i have never lost to snyder in a football game....so how is that false???
mrescape...i think ur confused about sumthin

Black_Magic
02-28-2006, 02:58 PM
Like I would know? I guess your actualy trying to be serious? I thought you were pulling my chain. now that I get that you are It is kinda funny LOL.. I have no Idea :confused: I tend to think Ifadelity tends to break up more couples and leaves the faithfull parent with the kids.:)

mustang04
02-28-2006, 03:00 PM
Like I would know? I guess your actualy trying to be serious? I thought you were pulling my chain. now that I get that you are It is kinda funny LOL.. I have no Idea :confused: Last time I tend to think Ifadelity tends to break up more couples and leaves the faithfull parent with the kids.:)
oh blackie.....ur so good at trying to play something off when i know its really chewin on ur arse...:D :D

silly wabbit

mrescape43
02-28-2006, 03:02 PM
how is it false....i have never lost to snyder in a football game....so how is that false???

I suppose technically your statement is true but I am referring only to the Varsity Tigers vs the Varsity Mustangs. So did the Varsity Mustangs lose to the Varsity Tigers during your high school years. Yes!

Black_Magic
02-28-2006, 03:02 PM
oh blackie.....ur so good at trying to play something off when i know its really chewin on ur arse...:D :D

silly wabbit Ok:rolleyes: IF you say so. Ya lost me there. but then again:rolleyes: play what off exactly? you seem to be dancing around this thing.

mustang04
02-28-2006, 03:04 PM
I suppose technically your statement is true but I am referring only to the Varsity Tigers vs the Varsity Mustangs. So did the Varsity Mustangs lose to the Varsity Tigers during your high school years. Yes!
well why would i care if i was a freshman....im saying that any game i have suited up in football against snyder, all i tasted afterwards was victory

u need to explain next time what u mean, i thought u were just a blabberin' fool haha

mustang04
02-28-2006, 03:05 PM
Ok:rolleyes: IF you say so. Ya lost me there. but then again:rolleyes: play what off exactly? you seem to be dancing around this thing.
blackie......the only thing dancing around is your web browser to and from those sites:D :D

mustang04
02-28-2006, 03:06 PM
well tigers....im hungry now, time for some food, dont post too much w/ out me here to respond!!:D

Ranger Mom
02-28-2006, 03:07 PM
WHAT THE HECK DOES IT MATTER???????

Thank you, I feel better now!:)

Black_Magic
02-28-2006, 03:07 PM
blackie......the only thing dancing around is your web browser to and from those sites:D :D LOL Ok if you say so kid. its comical on this end for me too. Just that I think the jokes on you actualy.

STANG RED
02-28-2006, 03:09 PM
Yall made me dizzy!

mrescape43
well why would i care if i was a freshman....im saying that any game i have suited up in football against snyder, all i tasted afterwards was victory

u need to explain next time what u mean, i thought u were just a blabberin' fool haha

I think that you placed the blabbering fool on the wrong side of the keyboard. Very few times is the discussion on the DLOW directed at jr high, frosh and jv teams?:D

Black_Magic
well tigers....im hungry now, time for some food, dont post too much w/ out me here to respond!!:D I really dont know there RM. I guess 04 is getting all mad at the JV comment and now is slinging crap. Dont know why though.:rolleyes:

DaHop72
WHAT THE HECK DOES IT MATTER???????

Thank you, I feel better now!:) I agree, it's giving me a headache. What a birthday present.:doh: :doh:

mustang04
02-28-2006, 03:10 PM
LOL Ok if you say so kid. its comical on this end for me too. Just that I think the jokes on you actualy.
nope..ur forgetting....unlike you, im a college kid on here for fun....
and its funny that you think the joke is on me, while ultimitely...its on YOU coach haha

LH Panther Mom
02-28-2006, 03:11 PM
Leave "Moms" out of this. :mad:

Black_Magic
02-28-2006, 03:11 PM
nope..ur forgetting....unlike you, im a college kid on here for fun....
and its funny that you think the joke is on me, while ultimitely...its on YOU coach haha OTAY BUCKWHEAT!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: If you say so!:p

mustang04
02-28-2006, 03:12 PM
I think that you placed the blabbering fool on the wrong side of the keyboard. Very few times is the discussion on the DLOW directed at jr high, frosh and jv teams?:D
ok...do me a favor...please....go back and look at my post where i said "I" had never lost to snyder in a fball game...never said school or anything...said "I"

mustang04
02-28-2006, 03:12 PM
OTAY BUCKWHEAT!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: If you say so!:p

wow...havent seen him in a while..u a fan?

mustang04
02-28-2006, 03:14 PM
Lunch...be back later:D

mrescape43
02-28-2006, 03:14 PM
ok...do me a favor...please....go back and look at my post where i said "I" had never lost to snyder in a fball game...never said school or anything...said "I"

If you will look back, I edited my post to clear it up a bit. I'll have to agree that it wasn't too clear the way I first posted it.

mustang04
02-28-2006, 03:16 PM
If you will look back, I edited my post to clear it up a bit. I'll have to agree that it wasn't too clear the way I first posted it.

thank you...so yes by what i meant i was right, by how u meant it, you were right

DaHop72
02-28-2006, 03:16 PM
Lunch...be back later:D Don't hurry on our behalf, Reg. We need a break.:D :D

Ranger Mom
02-28-2006, 03:17 PM
thank you...so yes by what i meant i was right, by how u meant it, you were right

Awww......group hug!!:inlove: :kiss: :inlove:

DaHop72
02-28-2006, 03:20 PM
thank you...so yes by what i meant i was right, by how u meant it, you were right :doh: :doh: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

DaHop72
02-28-2006, 03:21 PM
Awww......group hug!!:inlove: :kiss: :inlove: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

mrescape43
02-28-2006, 03:23 PM
Doesn't a lengthy debate make the work day pass quicker! :D :D

DaHop72
02-28-2006, 03:25 PM
debate :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

mrescape43
02-28-2006, 03:27 PM
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

OK, how about uneducated argument all in good clean fun?

DaHop72
02-28-2006, 03:31 PM
OK, how about uneducated argument all in good clean fun? :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Bullaholic
02-28-2006, 03:44 PM
Stay tuned for another exciting episode of --"As the Downlow Turns"

Will the "joke" be on Mustang_04 or Black Magic?

Who will be "coolest" in the "clinches" and who will "lose" it?

Who will the Sweetwater and Snyder faithfull embrace?

Wiill the Mom's be able to maintain order?

Don't touch that browser--Stay logged in after lunch soap fans. :D

DaHop72
02-28-2006, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

Don't touch that browser--Stay logged in after lunch soap fans. :D :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

vet93
02-28-2006, 03:50 PM
I thought that I was tuned to "As the Stomach Churns"

Don't touch that browser--Stay logged in after lunch soap fans. :D

STANG RED
02-28-2006, 03:53 PM
I think the moms prefer "All My Children".

DaHop72
02-28-2006, 04:09 PM

You can take that one to the bank. :thumbsup:

mustang04
02-28-2006, 04:48 PM

actually...the joke is on YOU!!!!! muahahaha:devil: :D

Bullaholic
02-28-2006, 04:53 PM
actually...the joke is on YOU!!!!! muahahaha:devil: :D

You and Black_Magic need to hire Vince McMahon, Reg....he would make you both rich.

DaHop72
02-28-2006, 04:57 PM
You and Black_Magic need to hire Vince McMahon, Reg....he would make you both rich. Wrestlemania 22 is coming up this summer. Good idea, Bull.:thumbsup:

mustang04
02-28-2006, 05:01 PM
i'd be called Hamster...and my wrestling move would be called the weggie ham sandwich:D

Phantom Stang
02-28-2006, 05:14 PM
So......do y'all think Jackson's goin' to WF?
:D

Tweeder215
02-28-2006, 05:20 PM
Not this year for three reasons. Jackson is a smart man and he realizes that Sweetwater has more talent on this team than probably any other team he has coached here. He will wait on this grade to graduate and then he will move on with them. He did the same thing at Olney, he graduated all his talent and left the same year. It gives the appearance that he is a better coach than what he actually is. Secondly, having been around Jackson and played under Jackson he would definitely want more time to work with a team than what is being given. Finally, no matter what is coming this next football season, this track season as well as next he should add to that State ring he always wears.

HighSchool Fan
02-28-2006, 05:52 PM
You and Black_Magic need to hire Vince McMahon, Reg....he would make you both rich.

do they still have midget wrestling

Eagle6Man
02-28-2006, 05:54 PM
do they still have midget wrestling

Midget wrestling?

Can we see that at half price?

Phantom Stang
02-28-2006, 06:10 PM
Midget wrestling?

Can we see that at half price?
lol

oh well
02-28-2006, 07:05 PM
He wears a ring from another school?

Ranger Mom
02-28-2006, 09:52 PM
I think the moms prefer "All My Children".

Boy that ain't no lie!!

GreenMonster
03-01-2006, 12:08 AM
I'm more of a Young and the Restless kind of guy. See, I'm still kinda young and when I'm bored I get restless and I invent crazy rumors to spread on the DownLow. Kinda like this one. I totally fabricated this "RUMOR" just to see what would happen. :devil: Hope everyone enjoyed. Just in case anyone wants to know, I am a Kent Jackson fan. I first followed him while he was in Olney and loved the way his teams played and the fire he brought to the sidelines. He has done a magnificent job in Sweetwater resurrecting a napping giant as well. He's a good'un folks and you Sweetwater faithful should be proud to have him. He would make a great fit at Old High but he would make a great fit anywhere. Great coaches can win no matter where they go. I know I personally would have loved to have had the opportunity to play for him or have him lead my hometown boys on to victory. I know that I have seen some of you guys post that he has a track record of bailing out as soon as the talent pool dries up but I have to argue that. In Olney, there wasn't any talent until he arrived. Yes he did leave after a particularly talented senior class but that is the business. Move up when you've been hot. By no means did he leave the cupboard empty there. Olney ISD simply made a poor decision on who would replace him. They passed on Chris Ross, one of Jackson's former assistants in Olney, and gave it some guy that ran the program into the ground (he was a spread guy, you know the offense of the future) and did little to maximize on what Coach Jackson had left him. Chris Ross would have taken that team and continued to pound the Flex Bone at people and Olney would still be a top notch program instead of an alsoran. Coach Jackson is a great coach that builds athletes through his track program and wins football games with those athletes through the discipline he instills in them.

Eagle6Man
03-01-2006, 12:14 AM
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Black_Magic
03-01-2006, 09:50 AM
Vince has that "Kiss My arse Club" doesnt he? thats a hoot