PDA

View Full Version : Keith 7

oh well
02-11-2004, 01:35 PM
The picture that you use on your post what tropy is that? Is it the State Championship trophy?

olddawggreen
02-11-2004, 02:29 PM
oh well:
The picture that you use on your post what tropy is that? Is it the State Championship trophy?Its the 3A Division 1 State Championship trophy that was presented by Governor Perry to Gainesville after their win over Burnet in the State Final last December at Texas Stadium in Dallas. Looks nice dosent it?

oh well
02-11-2004, 03:00 PM
Do they also get the one from the UIL. It does look great I would like to have one someday.

olddawggreen
02-11-2004, 05:25 PM
Wouldn't we all. :D

olddawggreen
02-11-2004, 05:31 PM
olddawggreen:
Wouldn't we all. :D Im not sure if there is another trophy, I thought this was the UIL trophey.

Keith7
02-11-2004, 07:29 PM
that was the only trophy taht was presented to us at the game.. i'm not sure if we got another one later when we got our medals or not but our trophy from the basketball state championship looked much different.. to see pictures of the state championship game go here

http://www.goredsports.com/Football%20Stories/12-14%20state%20championship%20page.htm

sinton66
02-11-2004, 07:52 PM
Hmmmmm, I wonder how that picture would look with a bunch of maroon clad Sinton Pirates holding up that trophy? Where'd I put my copy of PHOTO SHOP? :D :D :D

KTJ
02-11-2004, 10:27 PM
There are two trophies.

The one you see in Keith's picture and the regular UIL State Championship trophy--you know, that triangular shaped one.

I only saw Coach Cordell hold the UIL triangular trophy once and then he handed it to Principal White. But yep, we got 2!

Keith7
02-11-2004, 11:20 PM
KTJ:
There are two trophies.

The one you see in Keith's picture and the regular UIL State Championship trophy--you know, that triangular shaped one.

I only saw Coach Cordell hold the UIL triangular trophy once and then he handed it to Principal White. But yep, we got 2!what year did u graduate???

Bandera YaYa
02-11-2004, 11:35 PM
Wow, Gov. Perry handed out the trophy to Gainsville?? I don't know who handed out ours in 2002...I must have missed it...oh yeah, I had fainted in the stands!! :D

AggieJohn
02-12-2004, 12:54 AM
yeah i thought their was a standard form of trophy..it look like a wooden base had a rhombus like base shooting up from it with the plack(sp?) and the acheivement on it followed by a little pedistal player of the choosen sport

Keith7
02-12-2004, 01:15 AM
explayer2001:
yeah i thought their was a standard form of trophy..it look like a wooden base had a rhombus like base shooting up from it with the plack(sp?) and the acheivement on it followed by a little pedistal player of the choosen sportyea thats the kind that we got for basketball and the one we got in baseball as i'm seen here posing by it http://www.angelfire.com/tx/coolstuffpart2/state_.JPG

<small>[ February 12, 2004, 12:19 AM: Message edited by: Keith7 ]</small>

sinton66
02-12-2004, 08:17 AM
Why, I oughtta......You're asking for it keith. Remember who the puppetmaster is. wink

<small>[ February 12, 2004, 07:19 AM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

olddawggreen
02-12-2004, 10:20 AM
olddawggreen:

oh well:
The picture that you use on your post what tropy is that? Is it the State Championship trophy?Its the 3A Division 1 State Championship trophy that was presented by Governor Perry to Gainesville after their win over Burnet in the State Final last December at Texas Stadium in Dallas. Looks nice dosent it?PS, Im in the photo too! Thats me in the stands behind the guys in red, wearing my Burnet Bulldog Green and freezing my butt off. :D :D

olddawggreen
02-12-2004, 10:32 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bandera YaYa:
<strong>Wow, Gov. Perry handed out the trophy to Gainsville?? I don't know who handed out ours in 2002...I must have missed it...oh yeah, I had fainted in the stands!! :D </strong>[/QUOT

Yes, this was the 3rd Burnet game last year that Gov. Perry attended, the 1st in Burnet and the 2nd at Kyle Field. I think he was kind of following the progress of A&M bound McGee through the season. I wonder if he expected to be awarding the trophy to the guys in red? I know it was exciting for the Gainsville boys to have the Gov. there to present the trophy to them. What a night for the boys in red! They kind of swept across Texas like the red tide last year.

<small>[ February 12, 2004, 09:33 AM: Message edited by: olddawggreen ]</small>

olddawggreen
02-12-2004, 10:32 AM
olddawggreen:
<strong>Wow, Gov. Perry handed out the trophy to Gainsville?? I don't know who handed out ours in 2002...I must have missed it...oh yeah, I had fainted in the stands!! :D </strong>[/QUOT

Yes, this was the 3rd Burnet game last year that Gov. Perry attended, the 1st in Burnet and the 2nd at Kyle Field. I think he was kind of following the progress of A&M bound McGee through the season. I wonder if he expected to be awarding the trophy to the guys in red? I know it was exciting for the Gainsville boys to have the Gov. there to present the trophy to them. What a night for the boys in red! They kind of swept across Texas like the red tide last year.

oh well
02-12-2004, 10:51 AM
So who gave the big trophy and why was there 2

KTJ
02-12-2004, 11:48 AM
Keith--

I graduated when BS was principal.

Keith7
02-12-2004, 12:44 PM
KTJ:
Keith--

I graduated when BS was principal.so did i.. but that was a 4 year span..

do u know who i am

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-12-2004, 12:52 PM
The top 4 teams get a trophy and medals from the UIL in addition to the trophies presented by who ever hosts the game. See Vernon's below (the wood trophy is from this year) they all look the same just the wording is different depending on what they won. Vernon's reads State Semifinalist. Marlin's reads State Runner up, etc.

http://www.cameron.edu/~harrison/trophies.jpg

<small>[ February 12, 2004, 11:52 AM: Message edited by: Z motion 10 out on 2 ]</small>

Keith7
02-12-2004, 01:15 PM
Bandera YaYa:
Wow, Gov. Perry handed out the trophy to Gainsville?? I don't know who handed out ours in 2002...I must have missed it...oh yeah, I had fainted in the stands!! :D actually u can see him in my picture.. hes out there partyin with the rest of the team..

http://www.angelfire.com/tx/coolstuffpart2/Rick_Perry.jpg

Keith7
02-12-2004, 01:18 PM
olddawggreen:

Yes, this was the 3rd Burnet game last year that Gov. Perry attended, the 1st in Burnet and the 2nd at Kyle Field. I think he was kind of following the progress of A&M bound McGee through the season. I wonder if he expected to be awarding the trophy to the guys in red? I know it was exciting for the Gainsville boys to have the Gov. there to present the trophy to them. What a night for the boys in red! They kind of swept across Texas like the red tide last year.When George Bush was Governor, he handed out medals at the state basketball tournament

oh well
02-12-2004, 02:29 PM
This is some great info thanks

Chad

KTJ
02-12-2004, 03:14 PM
Keith--

I realized that after I typed it and went to class. I graduated in 2000.

olddawggreen
02-12-2004, 05:23 PM
Keith7:

Bandera YaYa:
Wow, Gov. Perry handed out the trophy to Gainsville?? I don't know who handed out ours in 2002...I must have missed it...oh yeah, I had fainted in the stands!! :D actually u can see him in my picture.. hes out there partyin with the rest of the team..

http://www.angelfire.com/tx/coolstuffpart2/Rick_Perry.jpgKeith, that guys hair is too light and he has hair on his chin. eek! eek!

olddawggreen
02-12-2004, 05:31 PM
Hey Keith, I went through Gainesville a couple of weeks ago and didn't see anything announcing your State Championship Title. I hope your community can get a sign up or paint a water tower or something to honor your team.

Keith7
02-12-2004, 07:21 PM
actually at the parade after the state championship, they had banners they are gonna put on the watertowers that say:

Gainesville Leopards 3A Division I State Football Champions 2003
Gainesville Leopards 3A State Basketball Champions 2002
NCTC Lions Junior College National Baseball Champs 2001

<small>[ February 12, 2004, 06:21 PM: Message edited by: Keith7 ]</small>

Keith7
02-12-2004, 07:24 PM
olddawggreen:

Keith7:

Bandera YaYa:

http://www.angelfire.com/tx/coolstuffpart2/Rick_Perry.jpgKeith, that guys hair is too light and he has hair on his chin. eek! eek! its gotta be him cuz look at this picture of him hitting on the freshmen cheerleaders

http://www.angelfire.com/tx/coolstuffpart2/burnetgovperry.jpg

<small>[ February 12, 2004, 06:33 PM: Message edited by: Keith7 ]</small>

olddawggreen
02-13-2004, 12:11 AM
Keith7:
actually at the parade after the state championship, they had banners they are gonna put on the watertowers that say:

NCTC Lions Junior College National Baseball Champs 2001That will be cool!

olddawggreen
02-13-2004, 12:12 AM
Keith7:

olddawggreen:

Keith7:

Bandera YaYa:

http://www.angelfire.com/tx/coolstuffpart2/Rick_Perry.jpgKeith, that guys hair is too light and he has hair on his chin. eek! eek! its gotta be him cuz look at this picture of him hitting on the freshmen cheerleaders

http://www.angelfire.com/tx/coolstuffpart2/burnetgovperry.jpgYep thats him with the girls. eek!

SintonFan
02-13-2004, 12:19 AM
olddawggreen:

Keith7:

NCTC Lions Junior College National Baseball Champs 2001That will be cool!.
God bless the tower painter. I hope that's that last championship they win. Poor guy. frown

KTJ
02-13-2004, 01:50 AM
Oh, there will be more...

SintonFan:

olddawggreen:

Keith7:

NCTC Lions Junior College National Baseball Champs 2001That will be cool!.
God bless the tower painter. I hope that's that last championship they win. Poor guy. :(