PDA

View Full Version : Horns/Alaniz win shutout (Baseball)

sinton66
02-25-2006, 09:55 AM
Associated Press
Austin- Former Sinton standout Adrian Alaniz struck out 10 Villanova batters and pitched eight shutout innings while running his record to 3-0 in an 8-0 win for Texas.

Seven Texas batters collected eight hits off Villanova pitching, including Drew Stubb's second-inning, solo home run.

Texas lead 1-0 after three, then broke the game open with a four-run, fourth inning. The Longhorns relied on four hits, including doubles by Jordan Danks and Brett Lewis off Villanova starter Kevin Mulvey, whose record fell to 1-1.

The Longhorns are now 7-6, having dropped their first three games of the season. Villanova's record falls to 2-2.

(Side note: Adrian Alaniz's 10 strikeouts were the most for a Texas hurler since June 11, 2004.)

sinton66
02-25-2006, 09:06 PM
ttt

lostaussie
02-25-2006, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Associated Press
Austin- Former Sinton standout Adrian Alaniz struck out 10 Villanova batters and pitched eight shutout innings while running his record to 3-0 in an 8-0 win for Texas.

Seven Texas batters collected eight hits off Villanova pitching, including Drew Stubb's second-inning, solo home run.

Texas lead 1-0 after three, then broke the game open with a four-run, fourth inning. The Longhorns relied on four hits, including doubles by Jordan Danks and Brett Lewis off Villanova starter Kevin Mulvey, whose record fell to 1-1.

The Longhorns are now 7-6, having dropped their first three games of the season. Villanova's record falls to 2-2.

(Side note: Adrian Alaniz's 10 strikeouts were the most for a Texas hurler since June 11, 2004.) with them 3 w's he evidently didn't pitch in the opening series. what class is he in now?

sinton66
02-25-2006, 09:33 PM
He redshirted, so he should be a sophomore this season.

lostaussie
02-25-2006, 09:38 PM
He redshirted, so he should be a sophomore this season. wow. my bet is he will be in the pros before he ever sees his senior season.

Phil C
02-25-2006, 10:53 PM
Way to go Former Pirate!!

PPHSfan
02-26-2006, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
wow. my bet is he will be in the pros before he ever sees his senior season.

Lot's of folks though Adrian would be drafted right out of highschool. I sure am glad he slid under the radar. He will set several records at Texas before he goes to the show.

sinton66
02-26-2006, 08:39 AM
True, most Sinton folks were kind of shocked when he wasn't drafted out of highschool. To go through four years as a starting pitcher and lose one game (his freshman year) is phenominal. (Interestingly enough, those who saw that game don't agree he should have been charged with the loss). Don't know for sure, but don't think very many have accomplished that.

We know he was intervied by several to see if he was draftable right out of highschool, and I heard he had told them he would be interested only if they were offering "life altering money" (he already had the Texas full ride in hand).

I am glad he chose Texas. This is his second full year in the rotation, and I look for him to hit his stride this year. I don't think he'll go undefeated, but should improve on last year's 8-3 record.

sinfan75
02-26-2006, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
wow. my bet is he will be in the pros before he ever sees his senior season. If he gets his degree before his senior season(which he should) yeah probably will go pro.

SintonFan
02-26-2006, 01:30 PM
Great job Adrian! :clap: :clap: :clap:

sinton66
02-26-2006, 08:06 PM
Texas should again be quite strong this year. The only pitcher they lost was their closer. Both former 3A pitchers are back as well as others.

GetRDoneStangs
02-26-2006, 08:56 PM
The Ags are starting out pretty strong @ 10-0 and playing in the Dominoes Clasic in CS thru tomorrow.

Big 12 should be much stronger in baseball than basketball..only time will tell.

big daddy russ
02-26-2006, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Lot's of folks though Adrian would be drafted right out of highschool. I sure am glad he slid under the radar. He will set several records at Texas before he goes to the show.
I thought he was drafted in the later rounds, but opted for UT. May be wrong on that, though.

sinton66
02-26-2006, 09:30 PM
I could be wrong, but I don't think he was drafted at all.

bevo
02-26-2006, 11:32 PM
I am glad he chose Texas. This is his second full year in the rotation, and I look for him to hit his stride this year. I don't think he'll go undefeated, but should improve on last year's 8-3 record.

Glad he did too 66...They're a pretty young team this year and it shows. But as the year progresses, the'll do fine. As far as winning another National Title this year...as long as we have the run support. We'll make another run at it... Not meaning to sound selfish, But I hope Adrian stays until his senior year!

Hookem Horns...

neck_06
02-27-2006, 09:06 AM
Texas should again be quite strong this year. The only pitcher they lost was their closer. Both former 3A pitchers are back as well as others.

Texas is really young this year, there are only 12 players with playing experience on the roster. give them a chance to play a little and texas should start getting better as the season goes on.

clayton7
03-29-2006, 08:50 AM
They have alot of growing up to do.

AggieJohn
03-29-2006, 08:57 AM
wish the ags would make a turnaround...