PDA

View Full Version : Haha, I have to ref a 3A playoff game tonight...

KTJ
02-24-2006, 11:42 AM
It's my first 3A game all season. Should be interesting as the lower classes (3A compared to 4A or 5A) bring more fans; hence, a larger paycheck!

But I'm not revealing which 3A game it is for fear that my life will be in danger.

3afan
02-24-2006, 11:43 AM
you don't "have" to, you mean you "get" to !!!!!!! :cool:

44INAROW
02-24-2006, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
It's my first 3A game all season. Should be interesting as the lower classes (3A compared to 4A or 5A) bring more fans; hence, a larger paycheck!

But I'm not revealing which 3A game it is for fear that my life will be in danger.

Will you tell us AFTER? :)

KTJ
02-24-2006, 11:47 AM
Yeah, 3A fan. I get to. :D

And yeah, I'll fill you in on what game it is afterwards. In fact, I'll let you know all the playoff games I've done when the season is over.

This game isn't the most intriguing one in the State. So hopefully, it will be pretty good???? (I hate reffing boring basketball games.)

LH Panther Mom
02-24-2006, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Must be the Ingram/Yoakum game. I know how vicious those ITM DL'ers can be. ;)

3afan
02-24-2006, 12:10 PM
i already miss doing UIL ball and the season is only 2 weeks old :(

Bullaholic
02-24-2006, 12:12 PM
KTJ....Wear old clothes that don't stain easily, and don't forget your catcher's mask and "cup". Practice saying while pointing demonstrably--"You're outta here!" in a loud, commanding voice. :D

KTJ
02-24-2006, 12:16 PM
It's fun doing playoff games since it's win or go home. The intensity is kicked up several notches and I like when the fans whine and moan.

"3 SECONDS IN THE LANE! 1......2......3!"

That's by far my favorite.

Bullaholic
02-24-2006, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
It's fun doing playoff games since it's win or go home. The intensity is kicked up several notches and I like when the fans whine and moan.

How bout'--"Call it both ways, ref".

LH Panther Mom
02-24-2006, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

:thinking: Were you reffing one of our little dribblers games a couple of weeks ago? I probably heard that 5 times behind me, from the same "expert".

KTJ
02-24-2006, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
How bout'--"Call it both ways, ref".

Oh, that's a good one too! I may have a tie for "best phrase used by a fan".

And LHPM, nope that wasn't me. Little Dribblers is a riot because the kids go at 100mph and always look at you for confirmation before doing anything.

I love kids.

LH Panther Mom
02-24-2006, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
And LHPM, nope that wasn't me. Little Dribblers is a riot because the kids go at 100mph and always look at you for confirmation before doing anything.

I love kids.
I didn't think it was.....they were a little bit more "seasoned" than you. ;)

CenTexSports
02-24-2006, 12:37 PM
The first year my youngest son played in basketball, he was probably 5 or 6. On the first time down the floor when the other team had the ball, the coach yelled for Josh to get #5. Josh ran over to him and put him in a head lock. It was great.

Needless to say, as he got older it was obivious that football was his better game.

DaHop72
02-24-2006, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Oh, that's a good one too! I may have a tie for "best phrase used by a fan".

I love kids. I have to agree with you. I coach a Little Dribblers team and without a doubt my team this year has been one of the great blessing that I have had. They are what being team mates are about. They don't fight or bicker and support each other in every way.

KTJ
02-24-2006, 12:45 PM
Seasoned...lol. They were old. I'm 24 years old. Good job in not making that mistake.

:D

I did a Little Dribblers game last year and this little boy comes up to me while his team is playing defense to tell me that his tummy hurt. Compared to the high school kid who was getting out-rebounded by a guy 2 feet shorter than he who kept complaing that he was getting fouled. Needless to say, his team is sitting home tonight while the other team advanced to the 2nd round.

raider red 2000
02-24-2006, 03:10 PM
KTJ- do you call traveling and double dribble when they carry the ball.

so many refs now days dont call it anymore.