PDA

View Full Version : Henry Melton to Defensive End?

kepdawg
02-23-2006, 11:24 PM
Must be nice to have enough running backs that you can move one to defensive end!

Phantom Stang
02-24-2006, 12:05 AM
I got to see Melton play when he was at Grapevine, and wasn't impressed. However, with his size and speed, I think he will be one heck of a DE.

JasperDog94
02-24-2006, 12:18 AM
You know that opposing defenses this year were thinking "Oh crap" when UT got the ball on the 1 or 2 yard line. Because they knew who was about to get the ball.:eek: :eek: :doh: :crying: :crying:

injuredinmelee
02-24-2006, 08:55 AM
if you remember early in the year as soon as the first televised game they announced that he would be moving to de his soph year. There were so many unproven running backs that they felt there was safety in numbers at the position. Had Jamal not stepped up and proved he has what it takes HM would prob have stayed. I bet we still see him in goal line though.

neck_06
02-24-2006, 09:01 AM
he is a beast at running back, but they don't need him there.

p.s. - he should transfer to A&M, so they could put Meltin & Lane in the backfield at the same time, talk about BEEF!!! :eek: :eek:

KTJ
02-24-2006, 11:27 AM
Wow, I'm still sleepy. I had Kindle on the brain after reading an article about him a few minutes before I posted.

Melton may still get those carries for short-yard gains. But I wouldn't mind seeing Ramonce in there to do that. Shoot, even Jamaal could fill that role.

Moreover, our defense just got stronger.

kaorder1999
02-24-2006, 11:49 AM
i thought kindle was recruited as a LBer

KTJ
02-24-2006, 11:53 AM
Fixed my original post.

injuredinmelee
02-24-2006, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by neck_06
he is a beast at running back, but they don't need him there.

p.s. - he should transfer to A&M, so they could put Meltin & Lane in the backfield at the same time, talk about BEEF!!! :eek: :eek:

but he wants to win consistently so hell stay at ut. Those two big rumblers in one back field equals NO break away speed. Fran went to lan about 9453465 times in the second half against Tech and I thought they were gonna have to give him mouth to mouth. The entire team lacks conditioning imo.

kaorder1999
02-24-2006, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Fixed my original post.

gotcha

DaRaiderz
02-24-2006, 04:37 PM
It was announced during the season he would be moved to DE. The thinking is that he could possibly get drafted as a RB to the NFL and not much else. As a DE however, with his speed and strength, he could be an All-American and a top 10 pick.

BreckTxLonghorn
02-24-2006, 05:55 PM
With his size and speed (he has incredibly quick feet), Melton could be absolutely punish teams at a weakside DE. I had only heard rumors of this, but didn't know it was confirmed. As long as he gets a carry every now and then, Mongo will be a happy and All-American defensive player.