PDA

View Full Version : Jacksboro Football

Milk That Cow
02-22-2006, 11:26 PM
Anybody got any Scoop on Jacksboro's Football Program and their HC Jeff Miller...

slpybear the bullfan
02-22-2006, 11:29 PM
Tigers. Purple.

;)

BJG40
02-23-2006, 12:25 AM
They were co-district champs last year but i think they lost in the first round. I dont know that much about their head coach but i do know some of the coaches.

Milk That Cow
02-23-2006, 12:41 AM
Is there much of a winning tradition at Jacksboro?

How competitive is the area of the state in 2A?

GreenMonster
02-23-2006, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow
Is there much of a winning tradition at Jacksboro?

How competitive is the area of the state in 2A?

Seems like they are in the same district as Boyd, the 2004 2A D-I Champion. The 2004 Tigers were a very good football team. 2005 over achieved after losing some top notch talent. IMHO

VWG
02-23-2006, 09:23 AM
Miller likes to throw and mix in the run. Think he runs the spread from what I remember. Jacksboro is a team that has qualified for the playoffs every year for the past 3 to 4 years. They are very competitive every year, but just don't get past that 2nd round playoff game.
This year they were moved out of the Boyd, Paradise, Nocona, etc... district and they are now in a even tougher 2A district with Holliday, WF City View, Henrietta, Olney and the likes.
They are a football town though. Their other sports like basketball and baseball are ok, but football is the king.
Stadium is decent sized for a 2A school, think they usually have around 275 for enrollment.

GreenMonster
02-23-2006, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by VWG

Stadium is decent sized for a 2A school, think they usually have around 275 for enrollment.

It may be decent sized but that place is an antique. They have to get out every leaf blower in town every August just to blow enough dust off of that old thing to make it presentable for the upcoming season. The dressing facilities, as I recall are in the gymnasium across the home parking lot. It was rather cramped and we had to have our pregame and halftime group meetings outside in the rain. :foul:

Milk That Cow
02-23-2006, 03:21 PM
I heard that Miller has coached a State Championship Team.

Is that true?

NateDawg39
02-23-2006, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
It may be decent sized but that place is an antique. They have to get out every leaf blower in town every August just to blow enough dust off of that old thing to make it presentable for the upcoming season. The dressing facilities, as I recall are in the gymnasium across the home parking lot. It was rather cramped and we had to have our pregame and halftime group meetings outside in the rain. :foul: Im sorry life throws some curves our way...:)

VWG
02-23-2006, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow
I heard that Miller has coached a State Championship Team.

Is that true?

Not that I can remember. I think Miller has been in Jacksboro for about 5 years now.

hawkfan
02-23-2006, 10:24 PM
It may be decent sized but that place is an antique. They have to get out every leaf blower in town every August just to blow enough dust off of that old thing to make it presentable for the upcoming season. The dressing facilities, as I recall are in the gymnasium across the home parking lot. It was rather cramped and we had to have our pregame and halftime group meetings outside in the rain. :foul:

Tell me about it. When IP played them in 97 it was about two days after a big rain. Needless to say they only had one field to practice and play on. By the end of the first quater that field was nothing but a huge mud bog. Funnest game I have ever played. I agree with green monster, the lockeroom was cramped and we spent halftime outside in the parking lot.

Eagle6Man
02-23-2006, 10:25 PM
Seems like they are in the same district as Boyd, the 2004 2A D-I Champion. The 2004 Tigers were a very good football team. 2005 over achieved after losing some top notch talent. IMHO

Boyd pretty much went south in 2005.

xlr8
02-24-2006, 12:19 AM
I hear he's on par with Creghan