PDA

View Full Version : Burnet High School Vandalized, Punks Caught

olddawggreen
02-22-2006, 08:34 PM
Four men are behind bars Tuesday accused of burglarizing and vandalizing school campuses in Burnet.

The suspects caused between $50,000 and $60,000 in damage and stole various electronics.

They allegedly broke into three campuses, the football stadium and field house over the weekend.

Tuesday, authorities captured three of them at an apartment complex in Burnet.

They found a fourth suspect at a local residence north of town. The men range in age from 19 to 22 -- all of them are Burnet residents.

"Folks involved are former students of Burnet High School. They did not attend this new campus, but they're part of our legacy. For me it was a disappointment," Burnet High School Principal Craig Spinn said.

They struck the new Burnet High School, the old high school campus and the 6th grade center.

Stolen items included computer and video equipment. Investigators found broken windows, doors and locks, graffiti on doors, walls and floors included obscenities and in one case the words, "white power."

"It puts the school district in a bind, classroom-wise. Principals' offices were destroyed. They just built that school," Burnet Captain Paul Nelson said.

"It cost us a lot of money in our school, and they ruined a lot of stuff," Burnet High senior Megan Bailey said.

"I thought it was terrible, a new school and everything. It's not very nice," Burnet High senior Taylor Shord said.

"Actually by the time school started, aside from the obvious like boarded windows, it was cleaned and ready to go," Spinn said.

The suspects, who face a string of charges, didn't give much of an excuse.

"All they would tell me is they were bored, so they decided to break into the high school," Nelson said.

Even with the news, the schools made it a point to get back to the books.

"We're going to live, learn, move on and continue to make good things happen for kids here," Spinn said.

"I think it'll be OK especially since they caught them," Bailey said.

Charges include organized criminal activity, criminal mischief and burglary. One suspect who was carrying a gun could face a charge of having a weapon on school property.

What really burns my butt is that these are some of the black tshirted punks that infest our "Quest Alternate School". Its because we had to count the Quest student population that caused us to be moved up to 4A in the first place.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Gobbla2001
02-22-2006, 08:37 PM
Punks...

MHSvarsity2007
02-22-2006, 08:41 PM
thats retarded to break into school property because you were "bored"

LH Panther Mom
02-22-2006, 09:13 PM
That's just crappy, ODG. :mad: Throw the book at them! Sheesh....

BTW....the school is awesome. Finally went last night...very nice! :thumbsup:

sinton66
02-22-2006, 09:15 PM
What really burns my butt is that these are some of the black tshirted punks that infest our "Quest Alternate School". Its because we had to count the Quest student population that caused us to be moved up to 4A in the first place.

Remember my favorite old adage? "No good deed goes unpunished." It's the ones you give "special" treatment to that stab you in the back most often.

Old Green
02-22-2006, 09:17 PM
That's a shame to mess up such a pretty school as Burnet has built.

I hope they are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the Law.:(

lepfan
02-22-2006, 09:18 PM
People who do this sort of thing think they are 'getting the school' when in reality they are screwing themselves in more way than one....their (and ours) taxes now go to clean up the mess they made and they get a free ride to JAIL...LOSERS!!!!

pantherpop
02-22-2006, 10:09 PM
Didn't something like this happen in Burnett just a couple of years ago. I think I remember reading that their star quarterback or wide receiver had a hand in catching the guys.

hornfan
02-23-2006, 12:18 AM
o how sad that yall moved up to 4a not!!

Old Tiger
02-23-2006, 12:20 AM
Serves the lil punks right

AggieJohn
02-23-2006, 01:41 AM
get em

3afan
02-23-2006, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by Old Green
That's a shame to mess up such a pretty school .....

ANY school ...

LH Panther Mom
02-23-2006, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by pantherpop
Didn't something like this happen in Burnett just a couple of years ago. I think I remember reading that their star quarterback or wide receiver had a hand in catching the guys.
I don't remember what happened, but I remember Jordan chased them down. Seems like it had something to do with cars.... :thinking:

gobbler grad
02-23-2006, 07:48 AM
Hang'em High...:mad: :mad:

spiveyrat
02-23-2006, 08:10 AM
I just don't understand how people actually think they will get away with these kinds of things. :rolleyes: