PDA

View Full Version : Midlothian, Texas...any thoughts???

Adidas410s
02-22-2006, 06:33 PM
I have an interview with Chaparral Steel there next Tuesday...anybody have any thoughts about the town and/or company as I could end up living there if I get the job! I have looked at their website and stock portfolio as they are a publicly traded company. Thanks for the info guys and gals...

Old Tiger
02-22-2006, 06:43 PM
Coach Clark is there.

mwynn05
02-22-2006, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I have an interview with Chaparral Steel there next Tuesday...anybody have any thoughts about the town and/or company as I could end up living there if I get the job! I have looked at their website and stock portfolio as they are a publicly traded company. Thanks for the info guys and gals... Close to Dallas and Ft. Worth

sinton66
02-22-2006, 07:35 PM
Several TALL radio towers in the area. Good two-way coverage. Only other thing I know about Midlothian is that it used to be home to a Chemical Express yard. Been there many times

VWG
02-22-2006, 08:29 PM
Midlothian is a growing community south of Mansfield off of 287 and Cedar Hill off of 67. It will be feeling the girth of D/FW growth over the next few years. You can see it now with the expansion of 287. Schools are good, but getting crowded due to the growth.
Used to be nice little small town about 10 years ago, and still has some small town atmosphere.
On the job search...... just make sure you will enjoy what you're doing. Working at large companies can be good and bad. Lots of red tape to dig through sometimes to get things done, company politics, etc..... but then again, usually they have better health plans, stock options, more room for growth.
At the end of the day, if you don't enjoy getting up every morning and going to work then you need to find something else to do. You can make $100k a year but if you're not into it you will burn out, and won't be successful.

Cameron Crazy
02-22-2006, 09:22 PM
No one cares buddy

West22
02-22-2006, 10:02 PM
ADDIDAS THE WORK AT THE STEEL PLANT IS PROBABLY PRETTY HARD BUT PROBABLY A PRETTY GOOD CO,I HAVE KNOWN SEVERAL PEOPLE WHO HAVE WORKED THERE FOR SOME TIME.MIDLOTHIAN IS GROWING VERY FAST AND SHOULD BE A 5 A IN AFEW YEARS .THE CITY IS VERY ACCESABLE TO FT WORTH DALLAS ETC.A PRETTY CLEAN CITY AT THIS TIME .

3afan
02-22-2006, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Coach Clark is there.

well there ya go - pack yer bags! :D

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-22-2006, 11:09 PM
When I drive close to that town I feel like there is some metal taste in the air. I know they have a plant that manufactures metal there or recycles or something but every time I'm (on the west side of town) I taste it.

Toxic metal huummmm.

Old Tiger
02-22-2006, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
well there ya go - pack yer bags! :D I'd rather not

Adidas410s
02-23-2006, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
When I drive close to that town I feel like there is some metal taste in the air. I know they have a plant that manufactures metal there or recycles or something but every time I'm (on the west side of town) I taste it.

Toxic metal huummmm.

hmm...that sounds fun! Maybe I'll have to live in a surrounding town. ;) BTW, I am interviewing to be a Credit Analyst so I won't be working in the manufacturing aspect of it at all.

Manck
02-23-2006, 09:32 AM
If I were you, show up for your interview early, and drive around Midlothian. And then after your interview, drive around some of the surrounding towns to get a good feel. Cedar Hill, Mansfield, and places like that are all pretty close.