PDA

View Full Version : Beware of Falfurrias and Robstown!

Phil C
02-22-2006, 05:32 PM
Don't ever be fooled by Falfurrias or Robstown. They have had some tough teams in the past and can be tough on any given day.
For example in 1954 they were in the same district with Freer in a supposedly weak district. Freer, Falfurrias, and Robstown were in a three way tie for district since they all lost only one game and they didn't have points difference so they had to flip a coin. Freer won the coin flip (and incidently would have won the points difference) and advanced to the quarterfinals to play a highly ranked heavily favored team from Nederland. Freer pulled the upset with a 28 to 28 tie but since they didn't have overtime they went by penatrations and Freer had the 5 to 4 edge and advanced to the semis where they lost. However it did cause a sensation at the time and gave football statewide respect to Freer and our district so don't take Robstown or Falfurrias too lightly. I am worried because Sinton has to play Robstown this year. :(

Buccaneer
02-22-2006, 05:47 PM
I am scared to play in Robstown too. I remember the 1st time I played in a 7th grade game there. We got on the bus after the game and Coach told us to keep our helmets on . As we drove out of the stadium the kids lined the street and pelted our bus with rocks.