PDA

View Full Version : So I got tickets...

Snyder_TigerFan
02-22-2006, 02:34 PM
to the Bay Hill Invitational next month. I've never been to a PGA event, can anyone offer any pointers (besides don't get hit by the golf ball)? For instance, stay at one hole or move with the players, best place to stand - tee box, fairway, green? Anything?

injuredinmelee
02-22-2006, 02:38 PM
pick someone each day that you enjoy watchign on tv and follow them for their round. When they finish you can sit at 18 and watch the rest of the group. I always take some sort of stool and plenty of cash for the beer tents.

injuredinmelee
02-22-2006, 02:39 PM
to get on tv stand opposite the swing track machine on a tee box. They dont use it on every hole mainly the ones where they know everyone will be gripping and ripping.

DaHop72
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
to the Bay Hill Invitational next month. I've never been to a PGA event, can anyone offer any pointers (besides don't get hit by the golf ball)? For instance, stay at one hole or move with the players, best place to stand - tee box, fairway, green? Anything? If you want to see all the players come through, find a hole early on the front nine. Then once everyone goes through you can try and catch up to the players you want to follow after that. We found a spot a the green, but I guess it's a personal preference as to what kind of shot you want to see the most. Need company???:D :D

Maroon87
I've gone to the Houston Open several times and I usually pick a group and walk the round with them. It's cool to watch them plan their shots up close. I followed Mickelson's group a few years back...that's a big dude!:eek:

Snyder_TigerFan
02-22-2006, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Need company???:D :D

You are welcome to come as long as you can find a ride to Orland, FL. :)

Thanks for the info guys, I'm looking forward to going, although I'll only be at the tournament on Friday. Hey injured, are the beer prices like they are at other sporting events $$$?

JasperDog94
02-22-2006, 04:46 PM
I went to the Administaff Small Business Classic in the Woodlands last year. I'm not really a golf fan, but we went on the second day of the pro-am and I got Johnny Bench's autograph. It was a pretty neat experience. We also got passes for lunch. It was pretty neat to sit outside and watch people try to stick the ball on the green on 18 (island surrounded by water) and get your grub on at the same time.

I agree about finding someone you like and following them around. We follow Lee Trivino for 7 or 8 holes. He was hysterical. That's the beauty of a pro-am day. The players are much more relaxed and you never know who you'll see.

injuredinmelee
02-23-2006, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I went to the Administaff Small Business Classic in the Woodlands last year. I'm not really a golf fan, but we went on the second day of the pro-am and I got Johnny Bench's autograph. It was a pretty neat experience. We also got passes for lunch. It was pretty neat to sit outside and watch people try to stick the ball on the green on 18 (island surrounded by water) and get your grub on at the same time.

I agree about finding someone you like and following them around. We follow Lee Trivino for 7 or 8 holes. He was hysterical. That's the beauty of a pro-am day. The players are much more relaxed and you never know who you'll see.
the administaff is a fun tourney to go to also. They play it at Augusta Pines. Its a beautiful course with tons of shade, but since the tourney is in October its not that bad anyways. I love that one because my brothers lives right there in the neighborhood.