PDA

View Full Version : Brandon James of Cuero

4x100jackets
02-22-2006, 01:16 PM
What will he do this yr 4x100, 100, 4x200?
Or 4x100, 200, 4x200, ? Man he is fast, whish I had a transfer that ran a 21.0 ..
Who will make up the 4x100 that won state last yr?
Will the Cooper kid be in the mix since he was out last yr?

injuredinmelee
02-22-2006, 01:26 PM
hes faster than a lamb stuck in college station for 2 hours.

shadow13
02-22-2006, 01:40 PM
Man if Brandon steps down to the 100 it's going to be 1 awesome race come May, that is if the top 3 from last year make it back to state they were all sophomores in 2005,so you never know there could be another sophomore this year hiding out waiting for his big chance.....lol, I personally would like to see how fast he could run the 100 this year I believe he ran a 10.43 last year.

Chief Ohera
02-22-2006, 02:33 PM
lesson gentleman, the first thing everyone has to learn in the sport of track and field is that you can't live in the past, last years times are in the past, and many of his times like in many high school meets are HAND TIMED, which makes a huge difference and there are alot of variables that come into play, wind, surface of track, lane assignments and etc,
no doubt this kid is fast, but i want to see what he does when there is no wind like there was at the STATE meet and and the race is fully automatic timed "FAT".
some athletes peak early and some peak later in there careers, i think he can do what he did last year time wise, but i don't see him breaking 20 secs. in the 200m or 10:40secs in the 100m.
mayber by his senior year, but not this year,
who knows what can happen track and field is such an unpredictable sport,
he can get injured, grade trouble, family issues, girl issues, and lack of PROPER training, which happens alot in high school b/c not a whole lot of coaches know the sport like they should.
it should be interesting but the big thing is if he can run respectable times. when it is FAT timed.
i will say this kid is a blue chip recruit when he produces some sick times, at the TEXAS relays and the STATE meet, b/c those are the two biggest meets that mean the most during the season,
so stay tuned, and forever and always
your buddy the CHIEF.
until next time...........

Chief Ohera
02-22-2006, 02:35 PM
i meant , i don't see him breaking 21 sec. this year in the duece, alot of things can happen in a year, and don't be suprised if the three sophs. from last don't run up to their full potential, just my two cents though.
until next time........

DaHop72
02-22-2006, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Chief Ohera
lesson gentleman, the first thing everyone has to learn in the sport of track and field is that you can't live in the past, last years times are in the past, and many of his times like in many high school meets are HAND TIMED, which makes a huge difference and there are alot of variables that come into play, wind, surface of track, lane assignments and etc,
no doubt this kid is fast, but i want to see what he does when there is no wind like there was at the STATE meet and and the race is fully automatic timed "FAT".
some athletes peak early and some peak later in there careers, i think he can do what he did last year time wise, but i don't see him breaking 20 secs. in the 200m or 10:40secs in the 100m.
he can get injured, grade trouble, family issues, girl issues, and lack of PROPER training, which happens alot in high school b/c not a whole lot of coaches know the sport like they should.
it should be interesting but the big thing is if he can run respectable times. when it is FAT timed.
i will say this kid is a blue chip recruit when he produces some sick times, at the TEXAS relays and the STATE meet, b/c those are the two biggest meets that mean the most during the season,
your buddy the CHIEF.
And that's the bottom line because the chief says so.:D

injuredinmelee
02-22-2006, 02:36 PM
Hey Adam i think James is a SR.

gobblerfan02
02-22-2006, 02:38 PM
your buddy the CHIEF.

I'm sorry Chief, but have you seen this kid run??? And he is a senior this year I believe. And about the Texas Relays last season, they shoulda won their division I think, but got disqualified? Can someone clear that up for me, not to sure what happened there! But heck, I'd like to see him run the 100m myself at state!

Chief Ohera
02-22-2006, 02:51 PM
i am not saying this kid isn't one of the fastest in the state but people have to understand that track and field is so unpredictable,
this kid shouldn't have played football, someone who runs that fast early in their career at that age shouldn't play,
he should have taking track and field as a full time year around job, like training about 8 to 10 months out of the year like most college programs train.
he is going to drop some nasty times but repeating what he did last year is going to be hard to replicate,
also what he ran in the duece last year in STATE was a 21.25, which there was a 1.9 tailwind and even though that isn't much to many people it is huge when it comes to sprinting just ask some of the college recruiters,
i was a spectator at the meet and saw his race and he was great, but he is still just running of RAW talent,

from what i saw, he needs to work on his stride frequency and his speed candence, his arms were a bit wild there at the end of the race, he needs to get that left arm up by his cheeck every foot turnover,
but all of this can be corrected if coached properly, i hope his coach knows sprinting,
good luck to him this season,

shadow13
02-22-2006, 02:52 PM
I know the Texas Relays is a big Meet , but you don't have to run at the Meet to get some big time offers. The beauty of Track and Field is, it doesn't matter where you run at if you can run a 10.3 100. The colleges don't care if you ran it in post tx. are at the Texas Relays aslong as you ran run a 10.3.....CHIEF

shadow13
02-22-2006, 02:53 PM
Chief he doesn't play football

Chief Ohera
02-22-2006, 02:59 PM
brother i am sorry but that's not how it works, i can and so can my brother vouch for that, here is how the track and field college recruiters work,
first they see if it is hand timed or FAT,
then they see if they run that time CONSISTENTLY.
then they see what kind of wind reading it is, and so on,
most college recruiters will give season bonuses during the year meaning scholarship "more money" for instance most recruiters will tell a recruit this, if you run well at the BIG meets, district, regionals, texas relays, and state, and if they hit a certain time then they will give you an increase from say 40% to 50% to 70% scholarship money, that's how it works trust me on this one, i have been through it all and it's very stressing.
a 10:40 doens't mean much to the recruits if they don't run in consistenly and at big MEANINGFUL meets.
so brothers until next time............

shadow13
02-22-2006, 03:09 PM
I too ran track in college and I know something about the process, but of course not as much as you. But I will give you the benefit of the doubt. My son has 22 D1 letters in his room right now and I will see very soon how much of what you are saying is true, and by the way he has never ran at the Texas Relays. If you are right I will be sure to let everyone on the downlow know that you were right.

District303aPastPlayer
02-22-2006, 03:13 PM
brother i am sorry but that's not how it works, i can and so can my brother vouch for that, here is how the track and field college recruiters work,
first they see if it is hand timed or FAT,
then they see if they run that time CONSISTENTLY.
then they see what kind of wind reading it is, and so on,
most college recruiters will give season bonuses during the year meaning scholarship "more money" for instance most recruiters will tell a recruit this, if you run well at the BIG meets, district, regionals, texas relays, and state, and if they hit a certain time then they will give you an increase from say 40% to 50% to 70% scholarship money, that's how it works trust me on this one, i have been through it all and it's very stressing.
a 10:40 doens't mean much to the recruits if they don't run in consistenly and at big MEANINGFUL meets.
so brothers until next time............ .

so the texas relays and the state meet are the ONLY meaningful meets. . .

mrescape43
02-22-2006, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by shadow13
I too ran track in college and I know something about the process, but of course not as much as you. But I will give you the benefit of the doubt. My son has 22 D1 letters in his room right now and I will see very soon how much of what you are saying is true, and by the way he has never ran at the Texas Relays. If you are right I will be sure to let everyone on the downlow know that you were right.

If you don't mind, what are his initials. Just wanting to know who you are talking about.

shadow13
02-22-2006, 03:19 PM
SG

gobbler grad
02-22-2006, 03:20 PM
Chief, you just need to come see him run and then you can make your assumptions about him...can't wait to see him run myself...hope our track construction is complete soon, so we can hold our Gobbler Relays in April...:thinking:

gobblerfan02
02-22-2006, 03:20 PM

from what i saw, he needs to work on his stride frequency and his speed candence, his arms were a bit wild there at the end of the race, he needs to get that left arm up by his cheeck every foot turnover,
but all of this can be corrected if coached properly, i hope his coach knows sprinting,
good luck to him this season,
Well, our coach has been coaching track for IDK how many decades, I sure hope he knows how to coach it by now!

Chief Ohera
02-22-2006, 03:29 PM
yes, i know james is quick and will go run in college somewhere, but he has to run these times consistently,
yes "shadow" i know who your son is, and he is quick, i have ran against him when he was a freshman on the relays and i am good friends with micheal thompson and jermey williams, i might have gotton their names mixed up, i have ran against them many times.
recruiters will also look at what classifaction a runner competes in a where his school is location, for example, in west texas there are many fast times run but there is always alot of wind and coaches watch that and they are also hand timed, sweetwater always has some wind with them just like a majority of other schools in texas,
recruiters will offer performance bonuses for athletes who compete well in the big time meets,

i have seen James run just read my other posts, and i have seen Green run should be interesting to see, James is more a 200m guy and Green is more a 100m guy from what i have seen, i bet that Green's best race when he gets to the college ranks will be the 60m.

college coaches take everything into account when they are going to offer an athlete money and want them to represent their university,
good luck to them all and the one who trains the hardest and SMARTEST should drop some sick times come this spring
your buddy the chief
until next time.............

mrescape43
02-22-2006, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by shadow13
SG

I thought this was who you were referring to. Good luck to him.

injuredinmelee
02-22-2006, 03:45 PM
Chief lets carpool to the Clyde Littlefield Texas Relays. Ill swing by Merkel and pick you up. :p :p :p

DaHop72
02-22-2006, 03:45 PM
injured, I'm thinking that the chief would recognize j.s. somehow.:thinking: :thinking:

injuredinmelee
02-22-2006, 03:47 PM
sorry im wearing him out with the Adam and Merkel references. I got to keep it going.

DaHop72
02-22-2006, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
sorry im wearing him out with the Adam and Merkel references. I got to keep it going. Well okay, Adam from Merkel it is. Hey Adam and Amy, now wouldn't they be a cute couple.:inlove: :inlove:

big daddy russ
02-22-2006, 03:59 PM
yes, i know james is quick and will go run in college somewhere, but he has to run these times consistently,
yes "shadow" i know who your son is, and he is quick, i have ran against him when he was a freshman on the relays...
So we know the Chief can't be older than 20.

DaHop72
02-22-2006, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
So we know the Chief can't be older than 20. Just barely.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

mustang04
02-22-2006, 04:42 PM
yeah...hes my age practically....and he has the nerve to call me a 'punk college kid" haha, what a douche

look in the dictionary under 'douche' its not always something bad......:devil:

Gobbla2001
02-22-2006, 06:31 PM
Chief is right, Brandon James has not been consistant... he was semi-fast his freshman year, fast his sophmore year and blazing his junior year (AKA he gets better every year, and the first two years were spent on a 5A relay team that competed at the state meet)... the only reason Brandon James did not qualify for the 100 at the state meet last year is because he did not compete in the 100 at district or regionals, we had two others qualifying... so putting him in the 200 was the best way that the 'team' could get to and 'win' state (which they did)...

Brandon's a speed demon...

gobbler grad
02-22-2006, 09:50 PM
ought to be an eventful track season...can't wait for it to get started...:thinking: