PDA

View Full Version : Ingleside's Schedule

big_stew
02-22-2006, 08:17 AM
Ingleside's pre-district schedule has to rank very near the top as being the toughest.

Tuloso-Midway--4A
Corpus Christi Miller--4A moved down from 5A
Port Lavaca--4A
Zapata
Falfurias

Phil C
02-22-2006, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by big_stew
Ingleside's pre-district schedule has to rank very near the top as being the toughest.

Tuloso-Midway--4A
Corpus Christi Miller--4A moved down from 5A
Port Lavaca--4A
Zapata
Falfurias

That is tough! I won't comment on Sinton's schedule until it is official but that one is rough. And then the district schedule is tough too.

Tuloso Midway - they are in 4A and have a dynamic coach that is working to turn that program around.
Corpus Christi Miller - 4A from 5A - always tough. Remember they won the big school state championship in 1960.
Port Lavaca - 4A - they have turned it around and are on the right track to being a good team.
Zapata - in the playoffs the past several years. Always dangerous. And I think they game is in Zapata this year. That increases the risk.
Falfurrias - always a tough team. Remember they tied with Robstown and Freer in a 2A district champsionship in 1954 with Freer winning the coin flip and advancing to the semis.

Then comes the district which is going to be the toughest in the state.

Mathis - what can you say. They played close games last year in district and were the Division 2 Runner Ups in 1999.
Sinton - always a good team.
Aransas Pass - AP beat Ingleside last year. Enough said.
Orange Grove - a team that has made the playoffs the past several years. Very dangerous.
West Oso - Another team that has had success in the playoffs. Beware of the Howling Bear.

Then you must remember that Ingleside will be in Division 1 playoffs now if they make it. Even though they will probably be spared from playing Cuero they will still probably be playing schools that have much larger enrollments than them.

A tough schedule indeed but not quite as tough as Sinton. Just wait till I get Sinton's official schedule.

Maroon87
02-22-2006, 10:48 AM
I can see the 'Stangs winning 3 of those games...T-M, PL, and Fal. The other two will be tough. We'll see...:cool:

big_stew
02-22-2006, 11:05 AM
They will definitely be prepared for district. Injuries could be an issue, but a kid can get hurt playing any team. I think it’s possible to go 4-1. Zapata is a home game so I count that as a win. Fal is a road game that should be a win. The 4A teams are going to be rough. Miller scares me. T.M. is always has size. I dont know anything about PL.

District303aPastPlayer
02-22-2006, 11:07 AM
They will definitely be prepared for district. Injuries could be an issue, but a kid can get hurt playing any team. I think it’s possible to go 4-1. Zapata is a home game so I count that as a win. Fal is a road game that should be a win. The 4A teams are going to be rough. Miller scares me. T.M. is always has size. I dont know anything about PL.

PLC = cakewalk :)
Miller = depends on what they have coming back
TM = good QB, always a scrappy team
Zapata = tough game, will probably be one of the best played in SoTex
Fal = they had a down year last year... up in the air

3-2 with losses to Zapata and Miller...

pirate4state
02-22-2006, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
That is tough! I won't comment on Sinton's schedule until it is official but that one is rough. And then the district schedule is tough too. Phil the schedule was printed in the San Pat paper a few weeks ago...it's official.

Cuero
Gp
OPEN
Beeville
Port Lavaca
Robstown
*I forgot the district line up!! :doh:

big_stew
02-22-2006, 12:58 PM
What is the Quarterback situation at Sinton? Jr.? Sr.? JV experience?

District303aPastPlayer
02-22-2006, 01:08 PM
What is the Quarterback situation at Sinton? Jr.? Sr.? JV experience? .

good kid comin up through the ranks. :)

big daddy russ
02-22-2006, 04:15 PM
I don't see as much of a problem with Zapata as everyone else. They're a good team, but they lost a lot more than we did from last year's team.

Now Miller, they scare me. They have the raw talent to compete with any team in any given year. If they just had a coach who could pull all that talent together...

Buccaneer
02-22-2006, 04:50 PM
Hey Phil, Miller's 1960 championship still scares you? Miller loses most of their team from a 2-8 season. They should be competitive against a 3A team.

Fal(3-7) didnt just have a down year, they have had a down decade.

TM(2-8) has improved but remember they lost to Robstown.

Port Lavaca see Fal.

Zapata(7-3) should be a good test.

Hopefully Ingleside can start next season at full speed with no distractions. They have some of the best athletes in the district. I thought they would be great in basketball this season but wound up 2-8 in district.

Sinton and Ingleside should be a great shootout.

Phil C
02-22-2006, 05:33 PM
I have a new thread on the dangers of Falfurrias and Robstown.

Fish's mom
02-23-2006, 12:08 AM
Big stew , who are you? PM me. Yes I think they have a tough schedule but we're going to need it because when we make the playoffs we'll be DIV 1 I believe.

Fish's mom
03-06-2006, 03:26 PM
Posted actual schedule under the thread- sticky Schedules. Have a lookie;)