PDA

View Full Version : Spring Huddle #1: Players To Watch

TexasHSFootball
02-22-2006, 02:10 AM
I generally post a series of these questions on my board, so I thought, what the heck.. let the 3ADL crowd have at it too.. so here is the current huddle question! Actual football talk!

Please list in your opinion, the 2006 Players To Watch in Class 3A for your team or any other team. And tell us why that player will be a key player to watch. Also, make sure you provide the player's grad year and position. Please do not post drive by or unconstructive posts!

Please do so in the following format:

Player Name, Position - (2007)
Reason player will be a player to watch.

Also, if you know a player that needs exposure to the recruiting scene, please encourage them to fill out a player profile by going to: http://www.texashsfootball.com/players/howto.htm

big daddy russ
02-22-2006, 02:50 AM
INGLESIDE
Travis Chrisman, Jr. QB
Had 1,500+ yards in six games as a sophomore last year. With his arm and that system, he could very well be the first 30-3A QB to pass for over 3,000 yards (I don't think Justin Soza, Adrian Alaniz or Brenton Stalcup ever went for 3K)...

Joel Johnson and Zack Adams, Sr. WR's
...and on that note, at least one of our two stud WRs should be among the top ten statistical leaders in the state. Both Joel Johnson and Zack Adams, who have been starters since their sophomore years, will be seniors.

Justin Chambers, Sr. OL/LB
He's a 6'1", 240 # LB... 'nuff said. Big, strong, fast, good bloodlines. Should be one of the best defensive players in the distict.

District303aPastPlayer
02-22-2006, 11:08 AM
ttt

Blastoderm55
02-22-2006, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
INGLESIDE
Travis Chrisman, Jr. QB
Had 1,500+ yards in six games as a sophomore last year. With his arm and that system, he could very well be the first 30-3A QB to pass for over 3,000 yards (I don't think Justin Soza, Adrian Alaniz or Brenton Stalcup ever went for 3K)...

Did Cody McCarty from Bishop (3A at the time) come close? That guy was a monster.

big daddy russ
02-22-2006, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Did Cody McCarty from Bishop (3A at the time) come close? That guy was a monster.
I think he passed for for 3K, but Bishop was in 31-3A at the time.

You remember the 100 point game between Aransas Pass and McCarty in the playoffs?

Daddy D 11
02-22-2006, 09:11 PM
Handful from what used to be 27-3A: WIMBERLEY: Micheal Buse and Harley West. Buse doesn't need any explaining, if you've seen the kid play then you know what he brings to the table and West as a Sophmore cracked the Top 10 in tackles for 3A.

Liberty Hill: Cody Lattimore: District 27-3A honorable mention as a Freshman but should've been Newcomer of year, not positive but i think he led the team in tackles last year!

From new 18-3A: JEREMY KERLEY " enough said"

LH Panther Mom
02-22-2006, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Liberty Hill: Cody Lattimore: District 27-3A honorable mention as a Freshman but should've been Newcomer of year, not positive but i think he led the team in tackles last year!

You stole my thunder. ;) Yes, he did lead the team & actually was 1st team, but I too thought he should've been Newcomer. I've got a couple to add, but I didn't have time today.

Cameron Crazy
02-22-2006, 09:24 PM
Cuero-Brandeon James RB, Kyle Noack Qb

Gobbla2001
02-22-2006, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Cuero-Brandeon James RB, Kyle Noack Qb

Correct, Kyle will be at QB...

But James will graduate and was a wide receiver...

Though he lacks a lot on the size list, Cuero's RB Fabian Olguin should be paid close attention to... Like OU's Griffin from a couple of years back...

District303aPastPlayer
02-23-2006, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Correct, Kyle will be at QB...

But James will graduate and was a wide receiver...

Though he lacks a lot on the size list, Cuero's RB Fabian Olguin should be paid close attention to... Like OU's Griffin from a couple of years back...

Olguin is just quick... the guy hits the hole and explodes.... if he gets to the outside... be prepared to look at his back. . . thats all you will see of him til he turns around in the endzone

LH Panther Mom
02-23-2006, 09:22 PM
Liberty Hill:
Kody Emmert, Tackle, class of '07 - The OL has always been the key to the success we've had with the slot-t & with him returning, that should continue.
Brent Bode, QB, class of '07 - moved in before the start of the '05 season and with an injury to Perrin, learned the offense to lead the team to the quarterfinals game....56.4% passing with 964 yds, 11 TD's thrown in an offense that is close to 90% run.
Sammy Post, FB/CB, class of '07 - started the season at CB and had 3 interceptions, 28 solo tackles, 8 assists, then moved to starting FB position late in the season.
Dustin Gonzales, FS, class of '08 - led the team in interceptions, with 8 (at least one returned for td) and had 23 solo tackles and 18 assists.
Cody Lattimore, LB, class of '09 - led the team in tackles, with 67 and had 23 assists, 2 interceptions (1 ret'd for td).

Lots of others that could do some great things, but I don't want to give away all our secrets. ;)

44INAROW
02-23-2006, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Liberty Hill:

Lots of others that could do some great things, but I don't want to give away all our secrets. ;)

I've been hearing some talk about a Freshman from LH - think his last name was Tonny or Terry or something like that :D :D :D

lostaussie
02-23-2006, 09:31 PM
Gilmer:
Curtis Brown, reciever and defensive back. being looked at by several major universities. great athlete. will be a senior.
Dominique Buchanon, linebacker. one of the best i have seen ever in Gilmer and we have had some good ones. will be a senior.
Maybe our most prized weapon, Justin Johnson. running back, linebacker, kick returner. could wind up being the best athlete ever to come from Gilmer. Justin will be a junior.

Eagle6Man
02-23-2006, 09:33 PM
You know Aussie is watching his pitch count..lol

I don't have the stinger to do it...but someone should get Aussie in a discussion about Gilmer so he would surpass 1500 tonight.

lostaussie
02-23-2006, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Eagle6Man
You know Aussie is watching his pitch count..lol

I don't have the stinger to do it...but someone should get Aussie in a discussion about Gilmer so he would surpass 1500 tonight. well this is a football sight.............i think. thought i would make a couple of real posts.:D

LH Panther Mom
02-23-2006, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I've been hearing some talk about a Freshman from LH - think his last name was Tonny or Terry or something like that :D :D :D
:thinking: Hmmm....that kid escapes my mind for some reason. :D