PDA

View Full Version : Summer Football Camps

Fish's mom
02-22-2006, 02:08 AM
Just wanted to know everyone opinion on College summer camps for HS players? Are they worth the price? Do they really learn anything? Just keep them busy? Exposure?

And lastly, I have the Ut football camp price list and schedule , does anyone have the ATM College Station info or any other camps that might be interesting? Also can a student be sponsored by a company or person (not associated with the school) or is that against UIL rules?

Thanks ahead for your input.

Fish's mom soon to be a Jr's mom HAHAH;)

big daddy russ
02-22-2006, 07:20 AM
I don't know about any of the other stuff, but I can find out about the A&M camp for you. I take it Josh is going to try to make a trip up here?

falcons79
02-22-2006, 09:51 AM
As far as camps it all depends on what your son wants to do with football. If he just wants to get better at it with not considering going on to college with a football schlorship, then I would suggest putting him in a private program such as velocity or something like it. He will learn more from them then at camps.
If he plans on going after a football schlorship, then I suggest he go to the camps for colleges he is interested in attending. It is a good place to be seen by the coaches. Usually by their Junior year colleges will be asking you to have your son attend their camps, it is a way they can talk to them and some will even offer at their camps.

Good luck..

STANG RED
02-22-2006, 10:26 AM
I did some checking with the UIL about rules on raising funds to send boys to football camps.
They told me, the boy himself is responsible for raising the money to go to these camps. Only his parents can help him. The way I read their response, it would be a rules violation for someone to sponser the kid to go to camp.
Be very careful about how you go about raising money for this. Make sure you have the blessing of the UIL before doing anything.
You also want to be sure and not violate any NCAA rules as well.

Here is the contact I talked with at the UIL.
Mark Cousins
Athletic Coordinator
Baseball
Soccer
Wrestling
Athletic Rules
Eligibility, No Pass - No Play
Department e-mail: uilath@uts.cc.utexas.edu
Department fax: 512-471-6589

Dont take anyone elses word for it. Make sure you get your info streight from the horses mouth.

raider red 2000
02-22-2006, 10:31 AM
if he is a Qb or reciever one of the best ones i have seen is the Hardin Simmons Camp.

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-22-2006, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
if he is a Qb or reciever one of the best ones i have seen is the Hardin Simmons Camp.

My son was a receiver and he and his Qb went to the Hardin-Simmons passing camp before his senior year. He caught somthing like 4,000 passes that week. He liked the coaches and the facilities so much he ended up playing college football there -- See pic below> The HSU coaches have won more football games in the past 10 years than any other football program in Texas and that includes the National Champions University of Texas. Very good coaching and lots and lots of reps.

http://hsuathletics.collegesports.com/camps/hsim-camps2.html (Air it Out Camp)

big daddy russ
02-22-2006, 04:58 PM
I found some info on the A&M camp. There's a link below.

Also, I emailed the camp director and asked about NCAA guidelines concerning sponsorships and fundraisers.

If there's anything else you need from here, let me know. I'd be more than happy to help in any way that I can if it can get him a few looks.

TAMU Football Camp (http://www.aggieathletics.com/camps.php?catID=CAMP&pageID=288&campID=MFB)

CHS_CG
02-22-2006, 05:40 PM
we're back went to camp up here in aggieland last year.. might shoot him a PM and see how he liked it.

Fish's mom
02-22-2006, 11:51 PM
Thanks for your input. I'll be sure to check out that schedule Daddy Russ and UIL rules by contacting Mark Cousins.

Ya'll with full info, Thanks again.

Old Tiger
02-23-2006, 12:16 AM
Go to mini camps