PDA

View Full Version : Lamesa

goldentor
02-21-2006, 11:19 AM
Anyone know anything about Lamesa'a new AD/HFBC?

Ranger Mom
02-21-2006, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by goldentor
Anyone know anything about Lamesa'a new AD/HFBC?

Not a thing....but welcome to the board!!

It's always nice to see a new poster from District 3-3A!

You have the privilege of being the one and only Lamesa poster!!

goldentor
02-21-2006, 11:27 AM
Thanks Rangermom. I only know what has been in the paper here, seems like he has alot on the ball. Coming from a Class a but he was an assistnat at Perryton. So he should understand AAA football. I know it will be tough for us in the new District, but with new blood in here who knows. I was just wondering if anyone else had any knowledge about how he does things.

Ranger Mom
02-21-2006, 11:30 AM
There are many knowledgable people here that may be able to give some insight.

I'm curious about how this district is gonna pan out this year....Snyder will be good, that's all I can say with a fair degree of certainty!

Oh yeah....what is the new coach's name?

STANG RED
02-21-2006, 11:36 AM
Welcome aboard goldentor. I'd like to see Lamesa get back to where yall were just a few years ago. Maybe the new man can get that done for yall. They have a pretty solid program at Perryton, so maybe yall lucked out and got a good one.
Good luck in your new district! It's a tough one.

mrescape43
02-21-2006, 11:37 AM
RM, now us Snyder posters won't have to gang up on you. We have someone else to harass! JK:D

Ranger Mom
02-21-2006, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by mrescape43
RM, now us Snyder posters won't have to gang up on you. We have someone else to harass! JK:D

:mad: :mad:

I see me and goldentor becoming good friends...we are gonna have to have each others back:p :p

goldentor
02-21-2006, 11:43 AM
His name is Kent Torbert. He took over a losing program at Bovina and they were in the playoffs in his 3rd year. He has coached at Perryton, Amarillo, ENMU, and Bovina. He has a son that is a Soph and started a RB for Bovina since he was a Freshman. All I know is what was in the paper, seems like he is going to get to bring in 5 assistants too. Supposed to be here March 1.

Snyder_TigerFan
02-21-2006, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by goldentor
His name is Kent Torbert. He took over a losing program at Bovina and they were in the playoffs in his 3rd year. He has coached at Perryton, Amarillo, ENMU, and Bovina. He has a son that is a Soph and started a RB for Bovina since he was a Freshman. All I know is what was in the paper, seems like he is going to get to bring in 5 assistants too. Supposed to be here March 1.

Sounds like a move in the right direction for Lamesa.

Welcome!

DaHop72
02-21-2006, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
:mad: :mad:

I see me and goldentor becoming good friends...we are gonna have to have each others back:p :p Alright, tag team posting, taking the downlow to new heights.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

lavidaloco
02-23-2006, 06:24 PM
Saw his Bovina team play this year. Very well coached, great discipline, and would light people up. Not very many athletes, Torbert got alot of mileage from technique and playing within their abilities. Held the ball forever on offense and stayed close, beat alot of people they shouldnt have. They were 9 points away from being 9-1. I think Lamesa got them the real deal!