PDA

View Full Version : Bellville score?

Pudlugger
11-02-2002, 09:01 AM
Asssuming they won last night, next week the Bellville-Sealy match-up has big implications for La Grange. If Navasota beats Columbus at home(which is likely) AND Sealy beats Bellville at home( which is quite possible) than we have a La Grange-Bellville -rematch in round one. I know the Leps would love a chance for some payback after last year's game and infamous facemasking fiasco in "The Pasture of Pain". The possibility of this tough round one match will no doubt inspire the Brahmas against Sealy, afterall they surely would prefer playing Giddings over La Grange in round one.
On the other hand, if Columbus AND Sealy win than the Leps play Columbus and Bellville goes D1. If both Sealy AND Columbus lose next Friday (most likely according to the odds makers) the Leps get a re-match with Sealy in round one. Finally, if Sealy loses AND Columbus wins, then there will be a THREE WAY TIE for second with the tiebreaker deciding everything. Very interesting week comming up. :p

<small>[ November 02, 2002, 08:17 AM: Message edited by: Pudlugger ]</small>

sinton66
11-02-2002, 09:29 AM
According to the Houston Chronicle, Bellville 38, Hempstead 7.

travis
11-02-2002, 11:39 AM
38-7 was the final for Bellville/Hempstead.

District 23 is really confusing at this point, Pudlugger summed it up as much as possible, and all three district games next week will be interesting, the Bellville/Sealy game and Columbus/Navasota for playoff reasons, and Hempstead/Stafford to determine last place, because both teams will be fighting for their only district win this season.

Although I don't think Bellville will alter their level of play against Sealy because of who they want to play in the first round, Sealy is Bellville's biggest rival, and I assure you Bellville will give them all they want. Also, Bellville would much rather like to knock LG out in the first round than wait until later.

punt
11-02-2002, 12:28 PM
If Sealy beats Bellville and Columbus beats Navasota it will take a miracle. I know in big rival games anything can happen but having watched all the teams play I can't see Bellville having any problem with Sealy, especially at home. With Navasota's speed I think they will be way too much for Columbus. Should be some good games with so much on the line.

Pudlugger
11-02-2002, 01:24 PM
punt:
If Sealy beats Bellville and Columbus beats Navasota it will take a miracle. I know in big rival games anything can happen but having watched all the teams play I can't see Bellville having any problem with Sealy, especially at home. With Navasota's speed I think they will be way too much for Columbus. Should be some good games with so much on the line.Bellville plays in Sealy. Anything can happen IMHO. Columbus plays in Navasota, a much harder row to hoe. Most likely scenario is Sealy plays LG in first round, Navasota goes D1 and Columbus doesn't make the play-offs. Then LG only gets a shot at Bellville in latter rounds if at all. :cool:

TxHsFootball
11-02-2002, 10:39 PM
this district finished out being a tough district