PDA

View Full Version : As far as teams go, who will be the biggest surprise?

GwoodRanger#4
05-30-2003, 04:46 PM
All I read about is Burnet and Forney, and i know they are great tems but im kinda interested in who has that secret talent that nobodys seen yet, Who has potential to be surprises????

vet93
05-30-2003, 05:10 PM
In region 1 I think that Decatur has a chance of doing well. You haven't heard too much about them but they return a couple of talented underclassmen. Kennedale may be better than some have mentioned. Again, they are not getting much press but they return Rex Harper, their starting qb and a few other good kids. Lost some linemen including a very good tight end and a running back who was very good too.

Baby Bear
05-31-2003, 01:09 PM
Gimer could be a team that surprises many people this year.

Rabbit'93
05-31-2003, 05:55 PM
Although I don't think that they will sneak up on anyone this year like they did last yearatch out for Carthage. Theyve got to kids in the backfield that can flat out run and run you over.

c-town
05-31-2003, 08:37 PM
Carthage could definitly do well. They only lost a couple on offense, but will have a new defense after losing nearly everybody from last years defense.

District303aPastPlayer
06-02-2003, 03:26 AM
I think that Taft will pull off one of the biggest surprises in recent history and make the playoffs

Old Cardinal
06-02-2003, 08:20 AM
Seriously speaking, we have three teams down here on the coast that might do exceptionally well in the Division II Bracket playoffs! Those being: Hardin-Jefferson, Hamshire-Fannett and Liberty. They all have those Senior depth-type teams that can survive well in the playoffs!

Showtime33
06-02-2003, 06:17 PM
Longview Sprinhill. They will have a very explosive offense. Also, I think that Crandall will have a decent team and do better than last year.

sinfan75
06-02-2003, 09:36 PM
CUERO!Been down(for their standards)WAY to long!!

Jacket2000
06-03-2003, 01:11 AM
sinfan75:
CUERO!Been down(for their standards)WAY to long!!Im thinkin' the same thing about Cleveland.
J2K

TarponFanInNorthTexas
06-03-2003, 09:07 AM
As far as District 32 goes, with La Feria losing a bunch to graduation, don't be surprised to see Lyford making it into the playoffs for the first time since 1992.

In District 31, watch out for Hebbronville.

And in District 30, watch out for Taft.

shellman54
06-03-2003, 11:33 AM
i agree about liberty, they have a very stout team returning, alot of gifted athletes. h-f too, they return their hoss tailback, cornett i believe, or something along those lines. oh, and yeah, by the way, this is my first post, but i have been visiting and reading downlow for the past couple of years, and find this to be an extraordinary site!!!!!!

vet93
06-03-2003, 11:39 AM
Welcome to the gang Shellman...don't be bashful and feel free to join in when you can. :)

shellman54:
i agree about liberty, they have a very stout team returning, alot of gifted athletes. h-f too, they return their hoss tailback, cornett i believe, or something along those lines. oh, and yeah, by the way, this is my first post, but i have been visiting and reading downlow for the past couple of years, and find this to be an extraordinary site!!!!!!

Old Cardinal
06-03-2003, 01:29 PM
Shellman, Glad to have you on board..We welcome your opinions!

GwoodRanger#4
06-03-2003, 02:16 PM
I know Balinger has some returning skill players,Thier Tailback,Quaterback, and a standout reciever are coming back from a successfull junior season. Also remember Canyon, they have their Q.B. coming back and I hear some good things about them as well. Just a thought.

shellman54
06-03-2003, 02:28 PM
thanks for the support!!! hopefully, i won't say something stupid and get hated on too bad!!!!!

GwoodRanger#4
06-03-2003, 02:29 PM
What about Bandera, they lost their Q.B. And Dustin Heep their Tailback. Could they maybe surprise everybody with a BacktoBack run? Just wondering>?

GwoodRanger#4
06-03-2003, 02:32 PM
Dont worry shellman, Im a new "scrub" to, and they have treated me preaty well so far!

Gobbla2001
06-03-2003, 04:23 PM
sinton75... I hope you're right, but this season could go either way for us... But I can guarantee the next four (atleast) seasons after this one are gunna be great for Cuero...

See you guys week 4...

Oh, and TarponFanInNorthTexas... Don't worry about who the surprise in district 32 is gunna be... There are no surprises, PI 10-0 and makin' a run at State... That's what's gunna happen...

Go Coach Stumbaugh (Okay, Tarpons too, unless they meet Cuero)!

TarponFanInNorthTexas
06-03-2003, 05:41 PM
Gobbla2001:
sinton75... I hope you're right, but this season could go either way for us... But I can guarantee the next four (atleast) seasons after this one are gunna be great for Cuero...

See you guys week 4...

Oh, and TarponFanInNorthTexas... Don't worry about who the surprise in district 32 is gunna be... There are no surprises, PI 10-0 and makin' a run at State... That's what's gunna happen...

Go Coach Stumbaugh (Okay, Tarpons too, unless they meet Cuero)!I'm not saying that Lyford is going to win district 32-3A, all I was saying is that they're, in my mind, going to make the playoffs and turn some heads.

Also, Cuero's got a doozy of a game in Week 4. Wouldn't mind seeing that game.....but I just found out that Port Isabel has their own doozy of a game in Week ZERO, vs. La Vernia. Heck, the game may even be played close enough for you to go watch Coach Stumbaugh and the Tarpons. I haven't found out yet if it is going to be a home and home, or will be played at a neutral site. As soon as I do find out, i'll let know.

Gobbla2001
06-03-2003, 05:55 PM
It could be at Vic Memorial huh?

Ladykat5
06-03-2003, 07:48 PM
Even though Kennedale lost a lot of key players this year I think that if the ones we have will step up and play like I know they can then you'll hear about Kennedale in the playoffs again next year. Thats just my opinion though. wink

TarponFanInNorthTexas
06-03-2003, 08:51 PM
Gobbla2001:
It could be at Vic Memorial huh?Check the Port Isabel vs. La Vernia thread.