PDA

View Full Version : All-Star game

hsguru
07-31-2001, 10:17 PM
How boring can a game be. Im not sure what all has happened since I quit watching but I couldnt stomach anymore of it. The best play was the cheap shot by the Longhorn recruit. It was a sorry shot but man it looked good in slow motion.

FOR THE RECORD:
BRENT GAILEY should be in this freakin game!!

bearcat1
07-31-2001, 10:33 PM
I watched it off and on but, I agree it was pretty boring!

Matthew328
07-31-2001, 11:44 PM
Well the end wasn't too bad...and hey most all-star games are defensive battles..usually an offense can't gel in 4 days of practice....but the end was pretty darn exciting!

hsguru
07-31-2001, 11:57 PM
Sounds like it turned into a good game.

kepdawg
08-01-2001, 12:25 AM
I'm glad some of you out there were actually paying attention to the game. It seemed to me like the QB's had a slight problem standing on their feet. Overall, I wasn't impressed. I can't wait for the season to roll around!

hsguru
08-01-2001, 11:06 PM
The turf seemed slick. The first quarter both sides were slipping and sliding all over the place. That happens when its good grass that hasnt been played on all year.

bearcat1
08-01-2001, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by hsguru:
The turf seemed slick. The first quarter both sides were slipping and sliding all over the place. That happens when its good grass that hasnt been played on all year.

hsguru, how many days do they get to practice together before the game? 4?

[This message has been edited by bearcat1 (edited August 01, 2001).]

kepdawg
08-02-2001, 12:44 AM
BC, I still think the QB's should have been able to do a better job of simply standing on their own feet!

bearcat1
08-02-2001, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg:
BC, I still think the QB's should have been able to do a better job of simply standing on their own feet!

Oh I know, I wasn't referring to any of that, I just wondered how long they got to practice together. Just a side note, totally unrelated to the falling down of the QB's.

hsguru
08-02-2001, 03:10 AM
bearcat where you being sarcastic of my posts? That doesnt reflect well on a personof such high esteem. I was simply stating that I thought the game was boring. Neve did I say that I wanted offensive precision and excellence. i know about all star games first hand so spare me your petty comments.

bearcat1
08-02-2001, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by hsguru:
bearcat where you being sarcastic of my posts? That doesnt reflect well on a personof such high esteem. I was simply stating that I thought the game was boring. Neve did I say that I wanted offensive precision and excellence. i know about all star games first hand so spare me your petty comments.

I dont know why my post is being misinterpreted. I am honestly wanting to know how many days the two teams have to practice together before they play. I've never known that and always wondered. It has nothing whatsoever to do with anything anyone has said. Maybe I should have started a new thread and asked this question, I don't know. I really wanted to know and I addressed it to you b/c we had been discussing the game, and it seemed like you knew alot, so I thought maybe you could answer me. I'm sorry if it seemed like I had some kind of motive but I seriously didn't. I just wondered if anyone knew how long they got to work together. I've always wondered how they knew the terminology/play calling etc. Maybe its just kept simple enough, like 38 dive/pitch/sweep all the same basic thing, so it isn't an issue, I dont know. I just wondered if anyone could tell me. I dont know as much as most of you do, that is why I ask questions. I'm sorry if it sounded wrong. I just didn't know.

kepdawg
08-03-2001, 08:50 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bearcat1:
[B] hsguru, how many days do they get to practice together before the game? 4?

BC, the teams do in fact have 4 days together! I think that is possibly why a couple of people may have slightly misinterpreted. It was possible to read a little sarcasm into due to the way you posed your question, and then gave the correct answer. Just my thoughts!

hsguru
08-03-2001, 09:19 PM
I apologize for jumping to conclusions.

bearcat1
08-04-2001, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bearcat1:
[B] hsguru, how many days do they get to practice together before the game? 4?

BC, the teams do in fact have 4 days together! I think that is possibly why a couple of people may have slightly misinterpreted. It was possible to read a little sarcasm into due to the way you posed your question, and then gave the correct answer. Just my thoughts!

well, I didn't know it was 4 days. I was guessing it was 3 to 4 days but I wasn't sure. It could have been 2 for all I knew. But thanks for answering.