PDA

View Full Version : Week 3 West Texas Predictions

Wtx_coach
09-17-2002, 04:59 PM
Permian vs. Amarillo- going to take Permian by 14 on this one

Snyder vs Greenwood- going to take Greenwood by 10 but I have a feeling for some reason that snyder might have a brake out game against Greenwood, dont know thouhg so im going with greenwood.

Monahans vs. Lubbock Cooper- This is going to be a tight one here, but with the Loboes still not scoring to much points, im going to have to take Cooper by 7

Brownfield vs. Pecos- Pecos will bust out the gates quick in this one and dominate Brownfield up front, going to take the eagles by 17

Sweetwater vs. Andrews- Andrews by 21, going to be tough for sweetwater to rebound from 3 in a row, but i think they will be fine once district rolls around
Crane vs. seminole- Crane by 21, if seminole had trouble moving the ball on the Monahans defense, they wont be able to move the ball at all on the crane golden cranes defense.

eye of the tiger
09-17-2002, 05:07 PM
Thanks for you insight on West Texas. BTW how is Crane doing? I think they shoul really make some noise in 2A.

Wtx_coach
09-17-2002, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by eye of the tiger:
Thanks for you insight on West Texas. BTW how is Crane doing? I think they shoul really make some noise in 2A.

Oh Crane is real small again but real tough and well coached, they should make a strong run in 2A. I personally think Aleen Cherry is the best coach in west texas, or in the top 20 in the state of texas

huthut
09-17-2002, 06:01 PM
i like your picks coach, i think pecos will become a better team know, i will throw in leveland and lamesa , take the tors by 10, and alen cherry is the best coach in west tx, him and abilene coopers randy quisenberry, and mickey owens from ballinger

tors2002
09-17-2002, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Wtx_coach:
Permian vs. Amarillo- going to take Permian by 14 on this one

Snyder vs Greenwood- going to take Greenwood by 10 but I have a feeling for some reason that snyder might have a brake out game against Greenwood, dont know thouhg so im going with greenwood.

Monahans vs. Lubbock Cooper- This is going to be a tight one here, but with the Loboes still not scoring to much points, im going to have to take Cooper by 7

Brownfield vs. Pecos- Pecos will bust out the gates quick in this one and dominate Brownfield up front, going to take the eagles by 17

Sweetwater vs. Andrews- Andrews by 21, going to be tough for sweetwater to rebound from 3 in a row, but i think they will be fine once district rolls around
Crane vs. seminole- Crane by 21, if seminole had trouble moving the ball on the Monahans defense, they wont be able to move the ball at all on the crane golden cranes defense.

Lamesa over Levelland by 17 (17 seems to be lucky number from last week)

Seminole over Crane by 6 (Seminole is better that everyone thinks. They had alot of experienced players return.)

Andrews over Sweetwater by 17

Pecos over Brownfield by 21 (Yes Pecos I pick ya'll to win this one.)

Monahans over Lubb. Cooper by ....BIG to big to predict.

Greenwood over Snyder by 21 (Snyder is overrated, everyone thinks they are going to dominate in 3A, I don't.)

bearcat1
09-17-2002, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by tors2002:
Lamesa over Levelland by 17 (17 seems to be lucky number from last week)

Seminole over Crane by 6 (Seminole is better that everyone thinks. They had alot of experienced players return.)

Andrews over Sweetwater by 17

Pecos over Brownfield by 21 (Yes Pecos I pick ya'll to win this one.)

Monahans over Lubb. Cooper by ....BIG to big to predict.

Greenwood over Snyder by 21 (Snyder is overrated, everyone thinks they are going to dominate in 3A, I don't.)

I don't know anyone who thinks Snyder is gonna dominate 3A. As far as seminole, I agree they are a good team they have a young RB who is proving himself, but I really don't think they will prevail over Crane. Just my 2 cents. If they do I'll make them Team of the Week---no wait they've already been team of the week.. Really disagree on Monahans pick. Although would be nice to see them win another game. Agree with Andrews, Pecos, and Lamesa. Thanks for the insight!
bc

Ram
09-17-2002, 10:37 PM
hey Tors.. Remember you said that about Snyder.. I will remind you of it soon .. Im sure it will be saturday morning.. http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/smile.gif

tors2002
09-18-2002, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Ram:
hey Tors.. Remember you said that about Snyder.. I will remind you of it soon .. Im sure it will be saturday morning.. http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/smile.gif

You probably will, but it will really surprise me. Greenwood beat Sweetwater in a close one and I thought Sweetwater was the one to beat in the district. I would really like to see evryone in our district win in the preseason so all the teams that lose won't come into district in a desperate pissed off mode. A team like that can be really dangerous to play and looking for a win. Losing taste very bad.

I think that Seminole will beat Snyder based on what I saw at the Crane -Lamesa Scrimmage. They just didn't look as strong as they have in the past. I made be wrong but I am giving Seminole a chance after their start this year.

tors2002
09-18-2002, 08:03 AM
Missed on replying about Monahans and Lubbock Cooper. Cooper usually plays a real solid game against Lamesa but looked inexperienced and unorganized in the game. I think them losing their QB from last year is going to be their downfall this year.

Wtx_coach
09-18-2002, 02:49 PM
Hey TORS, Seminole might be on a roll and i know they have some confidence but beating the Crane golden Cranes in crane i way to much, but hey i guess we will find out on friday nihgt huh

huthut
09-18-2002, 05:58 PM
hey tors, is lubbock cooper that bad, offensively the loboes are not to good

tors2002
09-18-2002, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by huthut:
hey tors, is lubbock cooper that bad, offensively the loboes are not to good

I was not at all impressed with Lubb. Cooper. I do not think that Monahans will have a problem unless Cooper has gotten their act together and some more players. Don't overlook them but ya'll should not have a problem.

Wtx_coach
09-19-2002, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by tors2002:
I was not at all impressed with Lubb. Cooper. I do not think that Monahans will have a problem unless Cooper has gotten their act together and some more players. Don't overlook them but ya'll should not have a problem.

Hey tors if Cooper can move the ball well I think they have a shot, cause the loboes have no offensive threat from what I hear