PDA

View Full Version : coaching

smustangs
02-19-2006, 02:54 AM
out of all the college kids on here who is a coaching major and what are you going to teach?

LHMom
02-19-2006, 03:59 PM
not me, but my oldest son is. (Purple Hart) He plans to teach English.

eagles_victory
02-19-2006, 04:22 PM
I am going to SFA next year to try to be a coach and teach either History or English.

NateDawg39
02-19-2006, 04:39 PM
I am an English Major and Philosophy minor. Oh and would like to coach aswell

AggieJohn
02-19-2006, 04:46 PM
i am a teacher first, then i'm going to coach maybe later....

eagles_victory
02-19-2006, 11:07 PM
I want to be an offensive coordinator and head basketball coach at a 3a somewhere in Texas.

MHSvarsity2007
02-19-2006, 11:20 PM
well all you coaches (future coaches) just remember, in like 7 years, i can be your trainer for your teams!! :D

kaorder1999
02-19-2006, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
I want to be an offensive coordinator and head basketball coach at a 3a somewhere in Texas.

thats a tough mix. Its hard to be an OC and head basketball coach, especially in 3A. Towards the end of football season, as an OC your full attention needs to be with football and preparing for playoffs. You might not be done with football when the basketball team has already begun practicing and have possible played a couple of games.

Im sure its been done before but its a hard mix!

BJG40
02-19-2006, 11:49 PM
I am majoring in english and minoring in history. All the advice I have been given is to major in your subject first because the school district will keep you more for your academic contributions(unless you're the head coach and dont teach a class... haha but rarely does anyone start there). I am sooo ready to get finished with all of these stupid basics so I can start taking some coaching classes and more in depth english studies.

eagles_victory
02-20-2006, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
thats a tough mix. Its hard to be an OC and head basketball coach, especially in 3A. Towards the end of football season, as an OC your full attention needs to be with football and preparing for playoffs. You might not be done with football when the basketball team has already begun practicing and have possible played a couple of games.

Im sure its been done before but its a hard mix! Well some of the schools in 3a dont start basketball until after football is over I was thinking about going to one of those schools becuase I would really like to do both. I think Coach Allison for Palestine does both but I could be wrong.

Tweeder215
02-20-2006, 02:42 PM
Gonna teach History and coach

kaorder1999
02-20-2006, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Well some of the schools in 3a dont start basketball until after football is over I was thinking about going to one of those schools becuase I would really like to do both. I think Coach Allison for Palestine does both but I could be wrong.

Most games dont start until after football is over but they have already begun practicing! October 26 was when they could start practicing this school year. Thats's like Week 9 of the football regular season.

kaorder1999
02-20-2006, 03:02 PM
eagles victory....dont think im trying to convince you not to coach. Its what I do and its the greatest job in the world unless you are in it for the money!! Let me know if there is ever anything I can do to help you out!

smustangs
02-20-2006, 05:04 PM
teach history and coach here as well