PDA

View Full Version : Region 1 Baseball

Wtx_coach
02-18-2004, 09:31 PM
Heres my top 10 for the start of the season!!

1. Lubbock Coooper
2. Canyon
3. Abilene Wylie
4. Sweetwater
5. Lake Dallas
6. Pecos
7. Monahans
8. Kennedale
9. Borger
10.Perryton

lobo12
02-18-2004, 11:08 PM
i think monahans will beat pecos

VWG
02-19-2004, 12:08 AM
Bowie Jackrabbits could have a good team this year. Got a kid that is a heck of a pitcher. High 80's fastball... can hit 90. Good control.

What about Abilene Wylie...? Aren't they in a rebuilding year for baseball? Got them up there pretty high. I was under the impression they lost a lot of talent last year, especially that kid that played SS.

Adidas410s
02-19-2004, 12:22 AM
yeah they lost some talent but baseball for them is a lot like football...they reload. They are getting better each year in baseball in my opinion. They used to be strictly a hitting club but their pitching quality and depth gets better every year and that allows them to reload instead of rebuild.

Wtx_coach
02-19-2004, 12:35 AM
Adidas410s:
yeah they lost some talent but baseball for them is a lot like football...they reload. They are getting better each year in baseball in my opinion. They used to be strictly a hitting club but their pitching quality and depth gets better every year and that allows them to reload instead of rebuild.ADDIDAS me and you are thinking on the same page about Wylie, I saw them play last year and them guys used 5 quality pitchers in one game, im sure some of them kids are coming back, Wylie will always be good for a long time!!

And for LOBO12, I doubt you guys will beat Pecos, last year was Monahans best team in years and Pecos beat you guys 3 out of the 5 times, Pecos pitching will be to good for you guys this year, but hey you never know, basbeall is a funny game!

Adidas410s
02-19-2004, 01:05 AM
additionally, I called some games with Wylie's freshman team and I saw 3 different pitchers from them. These guys were the # 3, 4, and 5 guys out of their Freshman. Their #1 will be Case Keenum (who is now a soph) and am not sure about the #2. I was shocked to find out that none of these kids were at least #2 because they were tough. Had one lefty who took a Randy Johnson approach with fastball slider and the occasional cutter. His fastball was prolly high 70;s to low 80's with a lot of movement due to the 3/4 release point. They are definitely stocked as far as pitching goes and hitting has NEVER been a problem in Wylie...and that is true all the way down through their Little Leagues. Trust me...I know from experience that the 10PM LL curfew comes into play OFTEN when you have games at Wylie.

Mean_Machine
02-19-2004, 03:26 PM
Wtx_coach:

1. Lubbock Coooper
2. Canyon
3. Abilene Wylie
4. Sweetwater
5. Lake Dallas
6. Pecos
7. Monahans
8. Kennedale
9. Borger
10.PerrytonI like it except Pecos does not belong in the top 10 in my oppinion. and Maybe a stretch to get Monahans in there.

Wtx_coach
02-19-2004, 04:20 PM
Mean_Machine:

Wtx_coach:

1. Lubbock Coooper
2. Canyon
3. Abilene Wylie
4. Sweetwater
5. Lake Dallas
6. Pecos
7. Monahans
8. Kennedale
9. Borger
10.PerrytonI like it except Pecos does not belong in the top 10 in my oppinion. and Maybe a stretch to get Monahans in there.Mean Machine. why would you say that Pecos and Loboes might be a stretch, Pecos is always tuff in baseball just incase your not from west texas, both teams to me deserve it easily!!

lobo12
02-19-2004, 07:35 PM
mean machine, why do you think that monahans is a stretch. they have been to the regional finals 2 years in a row before losing to wylie both years. i think them and pecos deserve to be in there.

Wbulldogs
02-20-2004, 03:13 PM
Adidas410s:
additionally, I called some games with Wylie's freshman team and I saw 3 different pitchers from them. These guys were the # 3, 4, and 5 guys out of their Freshman. Their #1 will be Case Keenum (who is now a soph) and am not sure about the #2. I was shocked to find out that none of these kids were at least #2 because they were tough. Had one lefty who took a Randy Johnson approach with fastball slider and the occasional cutter. His fastball was prolly high 70;s to low 80's with a lot of movement due to the 3/4 release point. They are definitely stocked as far as pitching goes and hitting has NEVER been a problem in Wylie...and that is true all the way down through their Little Leagues. Trust me...I know from experience that the 10PM LL curfew comes into play OFTEN when you have games at Wylie.case keenum is not going to be our number 1 pitcher...Brent Voorhees is the number 1 pitcher and luke nelson will probably the number 2 pitcher.

pero chato
02-20-2004, 03:49 PM
Wtx_coach:

1. Lubbock Coooper
2. Canyon
3. Abilene Wylie
4. Sweetwater
5. Lake Dallas
6. Pecos
7. Monahans
8. Kennedale
9. Borger
10.PerrytonI would put Canyon first. Cooper seems to always be strong until the playoffs. Not dissing them, and correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway here's my top 10.
1. Canyon
2. Pecos
3. Monahans
4. Cooper
5. Wylie
6. Sweetwater
7. Lake Dallas
8. Kennedale
9. Perryton
10. Borger
I dropped Wylie a few spots only because I think their pitching doesn't quite have the depth this year. I hope they prove me wrong. Last year, Canyon hit the stitches off the ball and had a lot of pitching depth, so they get the nod for the top spot.

pero chato
02-20-2004, 04:33 PM
Wbulldogs:

Adidas410s:
additionally, I called some games with Wylie's freshman team and I saw 3 different pitchers from them. These guys were the # 3, 4, and 5 guys out of their Freshman. Their #1 will be Case Keenum (who is now a soph) and am not sure about the #2. I was shocked to find out that none of these kids were at least #2 because they were tough. Had one lefty who took a Randy Johnson approach with fastball slider and the occasional cutter. His fastball was prolly high 70;s to low 80's with a lot of movement due to the 3/4 release point. They are definitely stocked as far as pitching goes and hitting has NEVER been a problem in Wylie...and that is true all the way down through their Little Leagues. Trust me...I know from experience that the 10PM LL curfew comes into play OFTEN when you have games at Wylie.case keenum is not going to be our number 1 pitcher...Brent Voorhees is the number 1 pitcher and luke nelson will probably the number 2 pitcher.Brent and Luke are excellent pitchers, but I don't see them or anyone else as the dominating type like we had in Jeff Rariden. Hopefully one of them or someone else will step it up.

Adidas410s
02-20-2004, 09:50 PM
Wbulldogs:

Adidas410s:
additionally, I called some games with Wylie's freshman team and I saw 3 different pitchers from them. These guys were the # 3, 4, and 5 guys out of their Freshman. Their #1 will be Case Keenum (who is now a soph) and am not sure about the #2. I was shocked to find out that none of these kids were at least #2 because they were tough. Had one lefty who took a Randy Johnson approach with fastball slider and the occasional cutter. His fastball was prolly high 70;s to low 80's with a lot of movement due to the 3/4 release point. They are definitely stocked as far as pitching goes and hitting has NEVER been a problem in Wylie...and that is true all the way down through their Little Leagues. Trust me...I know from experience that the 10PM LL curfew comes into play OFTEN when you have games at Wylie.case keenum is not going to be our number 1 pitcher...Brent Voorhees is the number 1 pitcher and luke nelson will probably the number 2 pitcher.I know that Case is not the #1 pitcher. I am saying that he is the #1 in his grade...the freshman class from last year. I have called games for all of them but Case in the last year and they all have something good to offer.

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-22-2004, 10:11 PM
Vernon has a great pitcher in Nick Lee. They have a good group this year. Like many kids they have been playing together since little leauge. I think Vernon will suprise a lot of folks this year.

oh well
02-23-2004, 01:59 PM
You might want to put Snyder in there Got beat by Canyon last seson in the second round.

Wtx_coach
02-23-2004, 02:02 PM
One team that has the best talnet is far west in Presidio, they will have the two best players in district 4-3A, if they can get in the playoffs they might finally make some noise in the playoffs!!

Mean_Machine
02-23-2004, 02:09 PM
Wtx_coach:
One team that has the best talnet is far west in Presidio, they will have the two best players in district 4-3A, if they can get in the playoffs they might finally make some noise in the playoffs!!Wtx_coach I think you were the one who predicted Monahans would take snyder easily in football this year because they had the "simple offense".You got some catching up to do after that prediction.
:p

Wtx_coach
02-24-2004, 02:14 AM
Mean_Machine:

Wtx_coach:
One team that has the best talnet is far west in Presidio, they will have the two best players in district 4-3A, if they can get in the playoffs they might finally make some noise in the playoffs!!Wtx_coach I think you were the one who predicted Monahans would take snyder easily in football this year because they had the "simple offense".You got some catching up to do after that prediction.
:p LOL, you got me on that one HA HA, but hey remeber a simple offense can be a good one if its ran to perfection and thats what snyder did, they executed well on both sides of the ball!!