PDA

View Full Version : Woman Finds Bird's Head In A Can Of Beans!!

ILS1
02-18-2006, 06:17 PM
Updated: 12:40 a.m. ET Feb. 18, 2006
CHICAGO - A northern Illinois resident reported finding a bird’s head in a can of pinto beans, prompting a Chicago-based food company to announce a voluntary recall on Friday.

La Preferida Inc. said in a statement that it was recalling a limited number of its cans as a precaution. The company says the beans were canned by New Meridian Inc. in Eaton, Ind.

“There are still many unanswered questions, but we have decided to err on the side of safety,” said David Brand, La Preferida’s director of quality assurance.

The company is investigating to determine how the bird head got into the 15-ounce can, he said. The Illinois Department of Public Health and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration are also investigating.

Luz Marrufo, a 28-year-old nurse’s assistant, told the Daily Chronicle in DeKalb that she found the bird’s head Thursday while preparing breakfast for her three sons. She said she purchased the can at a grocery store in Aurora.

“I don’t think we’ll be eating beans for a long time, unless I make them,” Marrufo told the newspaper.

She gave the can to the county’s health department. No injuries or illnesses resulted, the company said.

The cans affected by the recall bear the lot number 5348 MF on the lid. The batch was canned Dec. 14 and is marked by a best-buy date of Dec. 14, 2007, the company said.

A phone message left with New Meridian Friday evening was not immediately returned.

Story Link (www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11418191/)

MHSvarsity2007
02-18-2006, 06:20 PM
ick! thats revolting!! :eek: :eek:

44INAROW
02-18-2006, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
Updated: 12:40 a.m. ET Feb. 18, 2006
CHICAGO - A northern Illinois resident reported finding a bird’s head in a can of pinto beans, prompting a Chicago-based food company to announce a voluntary recall on Friday.

Story Link (www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11418191/)

eeewwww.........

Maroon87
02-18-2006, 06:50 PM
You know what they say...a bird in can is better than two in the bush.:p

3afan
02-18-2006, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
... she found the bird’s head Thursday while preparing breakfast for her three sons.

sounds fishy ........

injuredinmelee
02-18-2006, 08:22 PM
beans for breakfast?? Wow talk about setting them up for later in the day!!!

ILS1
02-18-2006, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
beans for breakfast??

Boy,you don't know what you're missing!!!! LOL!!!

:D

Ranger Mom
02-18-2006, 08:45 PM
beans for breakfast?? Wow talk about setting them up for later in the day!!!

Hey!!! That was gonna be MY question..."beans for breakfast"??

BLYEK!!!!

injuredinmelee
02-18-2006, 08:46 PM
they would throw me out of the office! I am already not allowed the salad bar at lunch.

bulldogbark
02-18-2006, 09:05 PM
man some people have all the luck,,,,,I meen I find little flecks of bacon in some pork and beans,,, but a whole birds head....man dats goood eaten:D :D :D along wit dat der road kill kitty,, man dats a Cajun formal affair:)

injuredinmelee
02-18-2006, 09:06 PM
wow was that your 666th post??

Ranger Mom
02-18-2006, 09:06 PM
wow was that your 666th post??

Hurry hurry....post again!!:devil: :devil:

bulldogbark
02-18-2006, 09:08 PM
i was wondering why I was compelled to post that and why my head was spinning all around...and my voice was 5 octives deeper and why I was knawing on my goldfish...I thought I could be possesed but it was just post number 666:D :rolleyes:

BHBrave08
02-18-2006, 09:15 PM
Yuck!!! Blahhhhhhhh......!!!:tongue: :eek:

District303aPastPlayer
02-18-2006, 09:38 PM
ya gotta wonder... another finger story?

pero chato
02-18-2006, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
ya gotta wonder... another finger story?

That's what I'm thinkin'

Phantom Stang
02-19-2006, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
sounds fishy ........
No. It was a bird.

MARLINDOGS
02-19-2006, 06:08 PM
Getting off of the subject.I remember one time I stopped and got me a snow cone.I took a big bite and there was a chunk of hair all the way through the snow cone.I guess the woman was loosing her hair.Oh well.Even today 20 years later I cant get enough nerve to buy a snow cone.:crying: :crying:

mrescape43
02-19-2006, 08:58 PM
I'll tell you a gross one. Many years ago my wife and I were eating at El Chico's in Abilene and my wife found a rolled up bloody bandaid in her refried beans. The manager only offered to take her plate off the check. It didn't matter that everyone at the table had refried beans that probably came from the same pot. Needless to say it was many years before we went back.

MHSvarsity2007
02-19-2006, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by mrescape43
I'll tell you a gross one. Many years ago my wife and I were eating at El Chico's in Abilene and my wife found a rolled up bloody bandaid in her refried beans. The manager only offered to take her plate off the check. It didn't matter that everyone at the table had refried beans that probably came from the same pot. Needless to say it was many years before we went back.

thats revolting...ick. thats in abilene ugh.

Originally posted by MARLINDOGS
Getting off of the subject.I remember one time I stopped and got me a snow cone.I took a big bite and there was a chunk of hair all the way through the snow cone.I guess the woman was loosing her hair.Oh well.Even today 20 years later I cant get enough nerve to buy a snow cone.:crying: :crying:

i will never look at another snowcone and not think of that.