PDA

View Full Version : LaVernia HC job?

Chris Hart
02-18-2006, 10:53 AM
I saw where LaVernia reassigned their HC. He had a record of 69-30 with nine playoff appearances in nine seasons there. He was 2-9 in the playoffs. I was just wondering what kind of job this would be? I know they have been in the playoffs nine straight seasons, but they're one of the few Reg IV teams that I haven't had the oppurtunity to see play. Are they known for good talent, good coaching, or just good team chemistry? I know they are in a weak district, but nine straight post-season berths is pretty good. Anyone know anything about them?:confused:

crabman
02-18-2006, 12:28 PM
I know they have Cuero in their pre-season next year. That does not bode well for a new head coach. You think the old HC might have been setting his successor up for failure?

LH Panther Mom
02-18-2006, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by crabman
I know they have Cuero in their pre-season next year. That does not bode well for a new head coach. You think the old HC might have been setting his successor up for failure?
Probably not, since they've had Wimberley the last two years.

3afan
02-18-2006, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by crabman
..... You think the old HC might have been setting his successor up for failure?

that is highly unlikely

VWG
02-18-2006, 02:27 PM
This area is growing and the enrollment should shoot up within the next 5 to 6 years. A buddy of mine bought land out in that area so his kids could attend La Vernia schools, instead of the Northeast SA ISD.

neck_06
02-20-2006, 08:35 AM
the new temporary AD @ La Vernia is CRAZY!!! West Columbia is trying to make a deal with Wimberley & La Vernia to play the winner @ Reed Arena @ A&M. Wimberley loves it, the La Vernia head coach loves it, but the AD doesn't!! says its too far, when its about 2 and a half hours for each of us!!!!

P.S. - just to show how insane he is, A&M is giving up the gym FOR FREE!!!!

Chris Hart
02-20-2006, 10:00 AM
I think he may be smarter than you think. I'm sure he is thinking of the LONG drive home, lol...;)

neck_06
02-20-2006, 10:04 AM
IMO they won't be playing come friday, i'm picking wimberley, but i could be wrong.

BU97
02-20-2006, 10:05 AM
I say whenever you get a chance to play in a big stadium/ arena you take it unless it is for an astronomical price. Why not let your kids experience something cool.

neck_06
02-20-2006, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by BU97
I say whenever you get a chance to play in a big stadium/ arena you take it unless it is for an astronomical price. Why not let your kids experience something cool.

i say the same thing, and this time its for free!!!!

pancho villa
02-20-2006, 10:10 AM
Neck_06 you better play good for all the talk.

Johnny Utah
02-20-2006, 10:24 AM
Neck, I know you guys are good, but LV is well coached. He has been in LV for a long time, great tradition. Wimberley is as well. They are HUGE!!! Biggest 3a team I have seen in some time. Good luck to you. IF you guys do not bring your a game, will be a long night no matter which one you play. Just an opinion.