PDA

View Full Version : Texas A&M and the State track meet?

4x100jackets
02-17-2006, 01:53 PM
Rumor was they were going to build a track stadium with retractable bleachers. Wonder if there is any truth to this?

BreckTxLonghorn
02-17-2006, 02:00 PM
It would have to be one hell of a complex to compete with Mike Myers Stadium in Austin. It would have to be leaps and bounds better to get UIL to move it from the state capital to a smaller town. I just don't see it happening. But if they do it, more power to them.

CHS_CG
02-17-2006, 02:09 PM
I know they were trying to get a bunch of stuff approved for Kyle Feild and Reed and the track but dont know if it got passed.

GATAPride77
02-17-2006, 05:10 PM
I don't think the Ags care about getting the State Track Meet, that is a new one to me.

The Board of Regents has approved the indoor track facility which will also be a double as a practice facility for all other sports. It is not a bubble but a real building. There are some small changes to Reed and Kyle field, scoreboards, jumbotrons etc.. but nothing major.

I heard that a new track facility is not too far down the road, but the indoor track is on the way.

CHS_CG
02-17-2006, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by GATAPride77
I don't think the Ags care about getting the State Track Meet, that is a new one to me.

The Board of Regents has approved the indoor track facility which will also be a double as a practice facility for all other sports. It is not a bubble but a real building. There are some small changes to Reed and Kyle field, scoreboards, jumbotrons etc.. but nothing major.

I heard that a new track facility is not too far down the road, but the indoor track is on the way.

I knew about all of that, just hadnt heard if it was approved or not.. cant wait to have a jumbotron in Reed!

BU97
02-17-2006, 11:46 PM
I hear that Kyle is getting an insane new scoreboard, from the way that it was told to me it would span across the entire endzone and be as tall as the 3rd deck! Just kidding, they did say that it would be 7 times the size of the existing one.

Chief Ohera
02-17-2006, 11:55 PM
no the aggies are getting a new INDOOR track stadium, they are beginning on the building i believe in the next or maybe this fall i can't remember,
the reason why is b/c, the head coach for the aggies is coach HENRY, which is the former coach of LSU, and he said he would come to coach the aggies if a new indoor stadium would be built, this coach has had incredible success and is a world famous track coach, that is in the track world everyone knows his name,
the aggies TRACK program is on a very big rise and they will be good for many years, he has always been a top notch recruiter,
the INDOOR stadium should be ready by the year 2008, if not sooner,
but yes they are getting a new stadium but it is a new INDOOR stadium not OUTDOOR,
it will be nice in that the only INDOOR stadiums in texas are in
TEXAS TECH and HOUSTON, and OU also has an indoor track

so brothers until next time...........................
your buddy the one and only CHIEF of everything..........

AggieJohn
02-18-2006, 01:06 AM
i they don't care about a track meet their, they are creating a indoor area for multiple teams to play and practice at...

mrescape43
02-18-2006, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
i they don't care about a track meet their, they are creating a indoor area for multiple teams to play and practice at...

:thinking: :thinking:

KTJ
02-18-2006, 01:38 AM
A&M can build whatever they want. The State Track Meet will never move.

Mark it down.

(The only time they considered moving the state track meet was when the track from DKR was being removed and they didn't know if Mike Myers Complex would be finished in time.)

KL3
02-18-2006, 09:48 AM
KTJ, you must know someone pretty high up in the UIL to declare such a thing. Who is your contact?